RPGM None Lico's Mysterious Errand [RJ352933] [Cotton Candy]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Chara08

Jan 20, 2018
So, I saw this game appear on the latest games page however I could not access the thread and when I refreshed it disappeared, does anyone know what that is about?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So, I saw this game appear on the latest games page however I could not access the thread and when I refreshed it disappeared, does anyone know what that is about?
It was moved to a private subforum. I don't know why.

TruuthBoi

Jun 1, 2022
The stat progression of lewd acts, so certain events couldn't proceed and you always lost your virginity only to get it back again.
I'd just see it as her hymen regenerates everytime like those mahou shoujo h games, lol.

Looks like a top notch game regardless, thanks for the hard work guys!

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
P.s.: and yes i can understand now why other translators won't translate any more games for F95 and the community. Most only one person is putting a lot of effort and work into a edited MTL. So that others can enjoy a at least crash-free game, maybe with some small bugs, but not game breaking ones.

Well i'm gonna stop translating now too. Gonna take a break. It's just not worth the effort for this community! :)
Yes, it is the communities fault you release a broken product, refused to fix it and then got mad and cop an attitude when people ask you to take accountability for the translation you created and work to fix the bugs YOU created. I normally would ignore this attitude but as a fellow translator your lack of accountability is a black eye to all hard working translators who get shit from people for the work they are doing. The fact that you sit there an play the victim because people ask to have a game that works 100% is childish. But honestly what really was thet last straw is you have the audacity to proclaim that " Sometimes you can't get everything you want." Sorry but that is an excuse. If fixing what you broke is beyond your talents just admit it and ask for help. Don't blame someone else for your mistakes. It just makes you look like a child throwing a tantrum.

Battle fuck is a core feature of the game, virginity loss is a core feature of the game, these are not small typos that can be ignored; they impact the games flow and by leaving them unfixed you are leaving your audience with a broken, inferior mess to just playing the game in japanese or with MTool. No wonder the game was pulled from the site. That was the right call in my opinion. This kind of thing isn't okay. It isn't okay when Kagura games or other professionals put out half assed broken products, nor is it okay when an amateur does. Have some pride in your work man. I am sure you put a lot of work into this and from what I saw it is good work, however blaming others for your own failures is not acceptable in my eyes. If you don't want to fix your mess, that is fine and your right, however don't blame the site or it's community for calling you out on releasing a broken project.

Last edited:

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Wow its sad to hear that the translation is getting dropped. I still remember when this game was at the beginning of its translation journey. I also tried to translate this game but at that time, I was a beginner translator and didn't know a lot of stuff so I had to drop it. Noodle and Spermasahne were doing a good job.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
People wanted a translation where all possible japanese text is translated into non-gibberish-english, no one ever mentioned a 100% working game.
With an attitude like that you should apply for a translator with Kagura Games. You would fit in real well there. I'm sure they would appreciate your "It's translated fuck if it works" attitude.

but anyways, you don't care so no use beating a dead horse. Good riddance.

TheLoliRealm

Jan 4, 2022
With an attitude like that you should apply for a translator with Kagura Games. You would fit in real well there. I'm sure they would appreciate your "It's translated fuck if it works" attitude.

but anyways, you don't care so no use beating a dead horse. Good riddance.
Not to bash you as well, but if you sound so sure that these issues are quick fixes why can't you perform them yourself? You act as if they didn't try to fix their game by getting help from noodle addict.

Now, we're out of a translation and the project has been deleted.

jasterx17

May 20, 2019
Everyone needs calm down honestly, yes the game thread got deleted and it sucks, but its not the end of world. Also for those tell the translator to hurry up, stop thinking with your D please, they do this for fun and a hobby. To people who translating it and using the victim card, just stop it. Its fine you make mistake, asking for help is not gonna make you an less of person for asking this is a commuity suppose to help each other if we can. Honestly fight over the a game project that you are getting no money out of is not worth fighting over, just saying.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Not to bash you as well, but if you sound so sure that these issues are quick fixes why can't you perform them yourself? You act as if they didn't try to fix their game by getting help from noodle addict.

Now, we're out of a translation and the project has been deleted.
Nah man that is a reasonable question. personally I haven't looked at the code but if I had the time I am sure I could eventually find and fix the problem. The problem is time. It is a commodity I don't have. Unfotunatey taking 5 minutes to post criticism is more feasible for me to do rather then spend days on end searching through code as useless as the comments are in the long run.

I'm sure effort was made on that project, but the one thing I can't stand is a lack of accountability. if you can't do something that is one thing; I would understand that, however blaming others and playing the victim because you can't fix it is making excuses and childish in my opinion. In retrospect I was probably too hard on the guy, but It is incredible petty of him to try and pin blame on others for the bugs. If you put out something to the general populace you gotta own it. the good, the bad and the ugly.

TheLoliRealm

Jan 4, 2022
Nah man that is a reasonable question. personally I haven't looked at the code but if I had the time I am sure I could eventually find and fix the problem. The problem is time. It is a commodity I don't have. Unfotunatey taking 5 minutes to post criticism is more feasible for me to do rather then spend days on end searching through code as useless as the comments are in the long run.

I'm sure effort was made on that project, but the one thing I can't stand is a lack of accountability. if you can't do something that is one thing; I would understand that, however blaming others and playing the victim because you can't fix it is making excuses and childish in my opinion. In retrospect I was probably too hard on the guy, but It is incredible petty of him to try and pin blame on others for the bugs. If you put out something to the general populace you gotta own it. the good, the bad and the ugly.
I guess my problem is the fact that people post criticism generally in a way that makes it seem like they themselves could pick it up and do it, but never do (Again not bashing you) so that's why I made the comment.

Personally, I don't get the inital fuss. Sure battlefuck broke as did the skill orbs but other than that, the game was from my experience playable.

I didn't see any blame shifting of failure to be accountable, but I have ASD, so more than likely, I wouldn't have noticed anyways

Reactions: Silentce

blubb213

Apr 15, 2018
Is anyone willing to save this project or does it end here?
Seems kinda unfortunate that its almost there and breaks down to a couple of terrible comments

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Is anyone willing to save this project or does it end here?
Seems kinda unfortunate that its almost there and breaks down to a couple of terrible comments
I'm tempted to take a crack at it. I suspect that whatever is breaking battlefuck is probably a missing bracket, or an incorrectly formatted piece of code in plugins.js, since that is always where things break doing translations.

If it takes a ground up rebuild though because it's more substantially broken, I probably don't have time.

Though I was really hoping he'd spot me a download before he rage quit the whole damn forum...

Aasha

Mar 16, 2019
I'm tempted to take a crack at it. I suspect that whatever is breaking battlefuck is probably a missing bracket, or an incorrectly formatted piece of code in plugins.js, since that is always where things break doing translations.

If it takes a ground up rebuild though because it's more substantially broken, I probably don't have time.

Though I was really hoping he'd spot me a download before he rage quit the whole damn forum...
If you're on about his translated version of the game, I do have that downloaded albeit already unpacked. Would that suffice?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote