VN Ren'Py Abandoned Lida's Adventures Unofficial Ren'PY Remake [v 1.96] [Phalzyr]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Sorry, thank you so much for the effort to pass the game over to Renpy but much worse than the original. I feel as if instead of a game it was a novel, I think it loses the charm of playing to become a series of screens.

Sorry for my bad english
Yeah that is true and the fact that the music background is missing and also main theme "A... A... A..." with funny female singer (maybe because some music is copyright protected?)
I think this game without music will never give the charm of the original version... and the fact that when you go around the city there are a lot of funny events with sounds and music songs that change when something happen... very well synchronized.
check the back ground music in this youtube ;)

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah that is true and the fact that the music background is missing and also main theme "A... A... A..." with funny female singer (maybe because some music is copyright protected?)
I think this game without music will never give the charm of the original version... and the fact that when you go around the city there are a lot of funny events with sounds and music songs that change when something happen... very well synchronized.
check the back ground music in this youtube ;)
Shouldn't have any music issues with episode one... I checked the link and heard same music my game plays in the scenes I checked compared to it... episode two on the other hand is another issue due to a mistake on my part with later version changing music and me only copying music from older version.. so got a lot of missing file errors and thinking I had later sound files... I really need to go back and fix the "map" music. but all scene specific music calls should still be present. though I wouldn't guarantee that I didn't miss something his coding is a bit screwy in ep2.. many game stopping bugs that make no sense why they kill game. Possibly he updated rpgm maker and new exe doesn't handle older code for older maps? not a clue why most of the errors I had to fix the code itself was cosher... some pointed to sounds that had his native language in it and playing on my pc it not like? Renpy certainly doesn't like those chars while compiling lol

I myself never cared much about "map" music as it is non special repetitive annoying... I usually have my music off or super low... but any scene music I left the play commands in... though something to keep in mind is RENPY has 0 control over volume of individual sounds/music. it an one setting effects all... RPGM lets you change volume for each time a sound is played... I could prob code some function to do something similar for RENPY...

nenorro

Apr 16, 2020
hi , i downloaded the rnpy version , but i always start the game at day 9 , why is that happening ?(LidasAdventuresRenPY-1.6-pc)

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
hi , i downloaded the rnpy version , but i always start the game at day 9 , why is that happening ?(LidasAdventuresRenPY-1.6-pc)
Right now i have EP1 and EP2 as separate downloads day 9 is start of EP2.. Look for the EP1 download :D in spoiler of OP

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I've always been a rather vocal proponent of RPGm over renpy for these type of games, but after hitting a game breaking bug in the last rpgm version, and having lost all my saves in Manilla Shaw, I'm starting to really appreciate these renpy remakes, so I can cut done on the wasted hours (real time) on getting around the maps to the next event, plus being able to save any time. Having the game freeze 5 min into a scene on rpgm and having to reply the whole scene again is painful.

So thanks to the porter.

Zer0zero

Oct 26, 2017
You are doing amazing work -- but man o man does this thing need an english interpretter (and honestly just completely re-written dialogue)

Reactions: bigphil963

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
You are doing amazing work -- but man o man does this thing need an english interpretter (and honestly just completely re-written dialogue)
LOL Yeah I was tempted to change a lot more as I went through but want the orig release to at least have close to orig text. I might some time go back and make an Engrish to English translation hehe. But then I'll probably just move on to another game instead, anyone can do translations easily enough :D

rlreddit86

Jul 30, 2020
LOL Yeah I was tempted to change a lot more as I went through but want the orig release to at least have close to orig text. I might some time go back and make an Engrish to English translation hehe. But then I'll probably just move on to another game instead, anyone can do translations easily enough :D
The office wife, for the love of God, please.

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
The office wife, for the love of God, please.
I have to update manila first but that game is near top of my list (not that my list is set in stone order wise, just a guide... The one before it... Fleeting Iris I do think I'd rather wait to do... I am thinking of others that are in my fav played list also that are completed games so no longer in spot light...)

rlreddit86

Jul 30, 2020
I have to update manila first but that game is near top of my list (not that my list is set in stone order wise, just a guide... The one before it... Fleeting Iris I do think I'd rather wait to do... I am thinking of others that are in my fav played list also that are completed games so no longer in spot light...)
As long as it's on the list, I can wait. That game just needs a Renpy so bad..

Weedfreak

May 2, 2018
Hi Phalzyr, a lot of cedit to you for the work you are doing. I realy appriciate the port. Unfortunetaly the file for the combined version doesn´t work.

orig.lida2.phalzyrc196-universal-release .apk

I extracted it via 7zip as usual, but then the .exe doesn´t work. Windows says it can´t find the file i just klicked o_O

Maybe you can have a look into it. I´m downloading part 2 seperatly in the meantime ;)

Thank you

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes