VN Ren'Py Abandoned Lida's Adventures Unofficial Ren'PY Remake [v 1.96] [Phalzyr]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
great job man, is there any chance you can remake episode 2? i think many of us would appreciate it
Planning on it , but thought everyone would like me to release EP 1 rather than wait till done with ep 2 for a version release :D
I might do EP2 more gradually rather than wait till done... I'll see how it goes and what feels like a good release amount etc..

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
When I am totally finished I might make a "English" patch for this, so those who want something easier to understand... but till then, I'm just having Hobocop correct the worst of the worst. I don't blame him for not wanting to rewrite the whole game's story :p I don't pay him so am very grateful for what he does do for me :D

Last edited:

pletoxxx

May 18, 2017
This game is the very definition of "great game, too bad about the RPGM." You're my hero for doing this work.
thing is lot of games are great in their rpgm form and has lots of fun things to do - which renpy games usually can't cover. you can check NLTgames product, or eve my new life3 revamped and many more...

but in this case, lida's was total rpgm mess - frequent crash, unbearable lag due to some bad plugins, bad placement of objects, super hard quest that you can't even see task reminder of what to do next and so on.

so phalzyr stuff are savioric in any sense, since the original was wayyy hard to play with the time it took to even load a single page change.

shame since the creator (terenbokoff) has funny sense of humor and stupid in a good way.

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
thing is lot of games are great in their rpgm form and has lots of fun things to do - which renpy games usually can't cover. you can check NLTgames product, or eve my new life3 revamped and many more...

but in this case, lida's was total rpgm mess - frequent crash, unbearable lag due to some bad plugins, bad placement of objects, super hard quest that you can't even see task reminder of what to do next and so on.

so phalzyr stuff are savioric in any sense, since the original was wayyy hard to play with the time it took to even load a single page change.

shame since the creator (terenbokoff) has funny sense of humor and stupid in a good way.
Yeah I've mentioned this before on other ports that Phalzyr has done, he always picks the best RPGM games to port. Games that would have been much better in Renpy from day 1.

I love RPGM games and I've said this before but only when done right, I have a few of them in my sig even such as Claire's Quest among a few others. Those are absolutely great RPGM games where the RPGM really benefits the game greatly. But other games are in RPGM that really shouldn't be such as Anna, Elana, Lida and Blackmail Obsession. Those would be better from day 1 in Renpy as they do not take advantage of what RPGM does really well (open world/exploration/non-linear games).

dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020
Yeah I've mentioned this before on other ports that Phalzyr has done, he always picks the best RPGM games to port. Games that would have been much better in Renpy from day 1.

I love RPGM games and I've said this before but only when done right, I have a few of them in my sig even such as Claire's Quest among a few others. Those are absolutely great RPGM games where the RPGM really benefits the game greatly. But other games are in RPGM that really shouldn't be such as Anna, Elana, Lida and Blackmail Obsession. Those would be better from day 1 in Renpy as they do not take advantage of what RPGM does really well (open world/exploration/non-linear games).
You should try zombie's retreat if you haven't already. I think it's one of the better RPGM lewd games on here

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
I think that is a matter of perspective. Granted, because they were not developed for Ren'py, there are definitely differences, but look at Anna. As the game has gone along, some of the CG sections are huge and take a while to move through. Some of these have multiple choices but in RPGM, you can only save when you are in a map. In Ren'py you can save at any point, test different paths, roll back screens if you missed something or want to see it again... IDK. IMO Ren'py is the best VN system out there for the average joe. Unity is great if you are a true game developer, but Ren'py is an amazing little system.
I liked your view of the bailouts.
Really Ren'py has this advantage you can save at any time and even return the scenes and in RPGM the save scheme is only on the map, and if you make a mistake the only thing that resolves is to return some saves behind, apart from the risk that you run into some unexpected errors that completely crashes the game screen ...
Very good even your vision ..
Thanks for listening friend.
Success bro. (y)

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
You should try zombie's retreat if you haven't already. I think it's one of the better RPGM lewd games on here
Thanks for the recommendation it looks great with one exception - I only play female prota games, I only enjoy playing as my own gender it just feels strange doing man's dialogue and perspective haha! But hey it really looks like a great game for those who like male prota games. I guess similar quality and equivalence to Claire's Quest? (where Claire quest is fem prota while your recommendation is the equivalent quality but then male prota)

dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020
Thanks for the recommendation it looks great with one exception - I only play female prota games, I only enjoy playing as my own gender it just feels strange doing man's dialogue and perspective haha! But hey it really looks like a great game for those who like male prota games. I guess similar quality and equivalence to Claire's Quest? (where Claire quest is fem prota while your recommendation is the equivalent quality but then male prota)
Ahh that's fair enough, but yea it's one of the few games where I actually had fun playing for non-lewd reasons haha. I've never played Claire's Quest actually, but will have to look into it.

Reactions: Innocent Chloe

Shadowfx

Jul 16, 2020
Thanks so much, I avoided this game for a long time due to the frustrating RPGM, your work is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Phalzyr
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes