GameleaksStudio

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2019
Yeah, this game has zero chance of success. Just try to do too much shit all at once.o_O

Also GameleaksStudio , you should probably mention that NTR is planned somewhere in the opening thread. that will save people some time.

I don't know on what basis you make such a useless comment, there will certainly be Barbie games that you like out there.

As for NTR, it is completely avoidable WHEN it happens, the game is not about that, unfortunately there are few fragile players...

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Life in Alphaville [v0.3.5] [GameleaksStudio]

COMPRESSED:

Win/LInux:

- -

Mac:

- -

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
The hell's happening here?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/games.rpy", line 177, in script
    jump Dare
ScriptError: could not find label 'Dare'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump Dare
  File "LifeinAlphaville-Version_0.3.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "LifeinAlphaville-Version_0.3.5-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Life in Alphaville Version_0.3.5

Reactions: GameleaksStudio

GameleaksStudio

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2019
The hell's happening here?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    jump Dare

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump Dare
  File "LifeinAlphaville-Version_0.3.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "LifeinAlphaville-Version_0.3.5-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Life in Alphaville Version_0.3.5

Hi DraxisSilencer1000. So, a single word messed up the game's programming, but I've located the error and I'm making the corrected link available on my patreon page. I'll post it here in a few minutes!

GameleaksStudio

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2019
DOWNLOAD LINKS (BUG FIXED):

Windows:
MAC:
Android:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Sounds like another No Story Dating Sim. I am so tired of boring dating sim games with no plot/story to carry it through.

GameleaksStudio

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2019
So it's not a harem anymore? I guess then I can discard the game.
I'm just going to abandon the tag, because it caused a lot of problems with some players who don't tolerate any kind of interaction with another man.

The ending that the MC will be with everyone will be kept, I think it will be better this way to avoid confusion.

about the error-play it several times,then rollback and you're able to skip it to the scene where the redhead's boobs are out
The bug has been fixed! Sorry about that.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
GameleaksStudio

Personally, I prefer not to see the first, or any, scene of the stepmother with the father (or any LI with her boyfriend/husband), I don't know if there are more because I only have arrived at this point and for the moment I haven't continued. Actually, I can accept that LIs with boyfriend/husbands have sex with them, but I don't want to see or know anything about it. The only thing that scene has achieved is to give me a turn down.

A button to leave before seeing anything would have been nice.

Makkun

Aug 26, 2019
I find it very funny how many players seem to have problems just having another male who is not the protagonist breathing in the same space as him.

Avoidable or not, I really don't play game with those contents. So good luck with this, I ain't playing it considering I don't have inferiority complex.
Hint: Those who avoid playing for the existence of the content even though it is completely avoidable and optional, have self-confidence issues. For those who are sure of themselves would play calmly knowing that they are not obliged to see this. In other words, this argument would only be understandable if NTR were mandatory.

Yeah another 90% NTR focused game:cry::cry:
NTR is destroying harem again:cry::cry::cry:
Harem is death and so am I in 2 or 3 months :cry::cry::cry::cry: At least change the name into life in cuckville!
I still find it funny because if a guy has sex with several girls "it's fine and acceptable", but if a girl does the same and has sex with several guys it's always portrayed as "bad and unacceptable". :rolleyes:

After all, think about a game where we can steal girls from their boyfriends, we won't be different from guys who steal our girls, don't you think?

Well, I didn't come here wanting to attack NTR haters because I'm not really into it either to be honest, but I let this content exist in peace because I don't want to be a hypocrite.

GameleaksStudio

I can see that the game is well done so far, if there are any grammatical errors, it certainly went unnoticed. (Well English is not my native language so...)

Don't let people who talk bad about the game put you off, after all, it's still well done, especially the interactions with the characters!

After playing this game of "truth or dare", since the protagonist can admit to kissing the same gender and can even choose to be alone with Ryan, does that mean there will be gay content too?

I have absolutely nothing against it! (Also because I like bisexual content :love:) But I won't stop playing if you decide not to put this content.

Anyway, I want to say that the game is good and I really liked Emily, she's cute! :love::love::love:

PS: I think this challenge can be better expanded, because just drinking and stripping ends up losing its fun over time.

GameleaksStudio

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2019
GameleaksStudio

Personally, I prefer not to see the first, or any, scene of the stepmother with the father (or any LI with her boyfriend/husband), I don't know if there are more because I only have arrived at this point and for the moment I haven't continued. Actually, I can accept that LIs with boyfriend/husbands have sex with them, but I don't want to see or know anything about it. The only thing that scene has achieved is to give me a turn down.

A button to leave before seeing anything would have been nice.
Exactly that, BlasKyau! There was only that first scene to give the game all the plot it needs. There wasn't and won't be any more, at the player's discretion. Constructive comments like yours are always welcome!

Reactions: BlasKyau

GameleaksStudio

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2019
I find it very funny how many players seem to have problems just having another male who is not the protagonist breathing in the same space as him.
Perfect! I think there is an overreaction to any male presence in games by a small section of the harem audience. I try to follow the game based on the real world, where there are too many types of relationships and I leave it up to the player to choose their path, but in the end, it's up to each one to like or not what they consume.

I can see that the game is well done so far, if there are any grammatical errors, it certainly went unnoticed. (Well English is not my native language so...)

Don't let people who talk bad about the game put you off, after all, it's still well done, especially the interactions with the characters!

After playing this game of "truth or dare", since the protagonist can admit to kissing the same gender and can even choose to be alone with Ryan, does that mean there will be gay content too?

I have absolutely nothing against it! (Also because I like bisexual content :love:) But I won't stop playing if you decide not to put this content.

Anyway, I want to say that the game is good and I really liked Emily, she's cute! :love::love::love:

PS: I think this challenge can be better expanded, because just drinking and stripping ends up losing its fun over time.
Yes, I apologize for that, I still need to improve my English a lot, but soon I will do a grammar review with professional help!

Thank you for that! I really don't mind some comments, I already knew it wouldn't please all players. The goal was never to embrace the world, but to create something that is good for those who appreciate games with versatility.

Yes, I plan to release a bisexual path in the future, for those who like this type of content, I've been getting suggestions for that, especially from a female niche that enjoys the game, so MC & Ryan could be an option more in the future.

I'm really glad you liked it! I idealized completely different personalities for the girls precisely to attract this attention. To be honest, it's been a lot of fun creating the scenes with Emily, her contrast with Alexis and her relationship with the MC will be well explored in the next few chapters.

As for truth or dare, five challenges were planned for its first version, but I produced only two due to the little time I had. I intend to include them soon, as updates go by. Altogether, 25 questions were planned for "truth" and 05 consequences for "dare", if you have any ideas, you can tell me that it will be very welcome!

Thanks so much for your comment, I agree with everything said and really hope you enjoy the next updates!

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Hi DraxisSilencer1000. So, a single word messed up the game's programming, but I've located the error and I'm making the corrected link available on my patreon page. I'll post it here in a few minutes!
What word? I have limited bandwidth but if you can tell me what to edit in the games.rpy file, I can change it myself or if it is in a different file, just gimme filename, line of code and change.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
In games.rpy
Replace: Jump Dare
To: Jump Desafio

and
Replace: Jump Truth
To: Jump Verdade
Worked, thanks. I guess that is the problem with coding in two languages. That is Portuguese, right? I think Spanish would just be verdad for truth, without the e, if I recall my 3 years of Spanish, back in the late 80's.

• Red Heart

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
GameleaksStudio

Well, in harem games I'm not at all a fan of having to choose whether to give points to one LI or another. And even less having to choose if you want a sex scene with one LI or another. Having to make those choices removes the point of having a harem game. In my opinion, the ideal is, if at a certain moment you can choose between several LIs to have a sex scene, that you can choose one first, then another and so on until the player has chosen all the ones that interest him.

Personally, it's not likely that at the point where I have to make a choice like this, I'll do it. Surely if I like all the LIs I will not decide on any of them. So I'll be stuck on that choice.

Last edited:

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I'm just going to abandon the tag, because it caused a lot of problems with some players who don't tolerate any kind of interaction with another man.

The ending that the MC will be with everyone will be kept, I think it will be better this way to avoid confusion.
Just make the game you wanna make, ignore people who type stupid shit like, I don't like this specific thing I am not going to play.
I agree with you fragile people are few, but they are always vocal about their needs.
you should never cater to them because they are never happy. You do you bro.

Though I have to say the game does need some work still.
The truth and dare event was very unimaginative. Just undress and drink and you have to click skip for it to end or maybe it ends at some point but I've got both girls naked and no end in sight and then when I click skip only alexis is topless and Emily got her bra and panties on again so the skip button doesn't even repsect what happened so far.
It's a very tedious and poorly made event, it would have been better if it was just scripted and everyone ended up naked after a few dares/truths instead of the tedious mess this is.
Maybe add a few other things to it, suck a dick kiss a tit etc etc and then when it ends you have the sex scene of your choice. Not the best idea you've had to leave that for next time either. Not nice to cuck your player base tbh. No one actually likes a cliffhanger.

Last edited:

GameleaksStudio

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2019
Worked, thanks. I guess that is the problem with coding in two languages. That is Portuguese, right? I think Spanish would just be verdad for truth, without the e, if I recall my 3 years of Spanish, back in the late 80's.
Yes, I write the entire script in Portuguese, along with the initial programming, and then I translate it into English with the necessary complements. Sometimes something unexpected happens like this, unfortunately.

Portuguese and Spanish are very similar languages. Here in South America, it's very common to play online games where we talk in "Portunish", a mixture of Portuguese and Spanish.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote