fajiker145

Jan 25, 2024
Yeah not a fan of sandbox, havent played a whole lot of sandbox games but the few that I tried, I felt like they would be better without it. Although maybe it would make the lack of content more noticeable if the player isnt wasting his time clicking, going from place to place, repeating/farming, etc.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Some games are tagged sandbox, but are more less you click a place to go then it's pretty much a VN, example one with that tag is Being a DIK, it's VN and Sandbox, there are many games like that, the sandbox tag can be deceiving.

The true sandbox is going location to location, at certain times etc, the rest I wouldn't call a sandbox at all even though they have the tag.

HongTeaPot

Sep 20, 2023
Some games are tagged sandbox, but are more less you click a place to go then it's pretty much a VN, example one with that tag is Being a DIK, it's VN and Sandbox, there are many games like that, the sandbox tag can be deceiving.

The true sandbox is going location to location, at certain times etc, the rest I wouldn't call a sandbox at all even though they have the tag.
Sandbox probably need much more content than VN, most of the location should have its own unique events even story sidelines.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020

Sandbox is a game with many different and often independent events, but they happen at the same time, so there is no one true story. You decide what the canon is. It is not a necessary requirement that there are several locations.

Being a Dik however is a relatively linear game, apart from which route and LI you choose, there is no real freedom of choice. That's why this isn't a real sandbox game but a VN. However, it is quite varied, as there are many LIs, all with unique scenes and stories. It is not without good reason that it is currently the most popular VN in this forum.

And Life in Santa County is more of a VN than a sandbox. The sandbox tagg is pretty watered down and doesn't apply at all in 90% of the games here.

luckyking01

Mar 6, 2021
I think devs are themselves living in santa county and i can definitely tell its not a good place to live. God have mercy on santa county so, that we can get a new update.

Reactions: GhostFaceGuy

cvjoint

Apr 29, 2022
Hey there. I searched and didn't see any answer to this question that was posted a few times. I have the android version and the weightlifting game seems to be broken. I can get to the part where you are about to lift but the pin is moving left and right on the dial but can't get anything to happen. It just doesn't engage an action. Am I missing something?

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
If there are any delays that push the release into the first week of next month, we'll be sure to keep you updated.
And guess what, not even this they are able to make
What a fucking joke

Reactions: anatarash
3.80 star(s) 191 Votes