sosa300

Oct 10, 2021
Life in Santa County 0.9.1: Walkthrough Mod + Incest Patch + Gallery Unlocker

Here's my walkthrough mod that's includes the official incest patch as well as the gallery unlocker.

screenshots (Click to enlarge):
View attachment 3666137 View attachment 3666142 View attachment 3666144 View attachment 3666145

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

download link:
Workupload Mega Pixeldrain
How do you get this to work on Mac?

Ranxerox

Nov 11, 2021
That's the neat part, you don't.

...Jokes aside, it's just the creator made it for windows devices version, not for mac one, so you can't really do anything about it.
Correction: the Mac version is right there in the OP.
Installation..? The instructions are clear, download zip file and run.

NewSeal

Jan 9, 2024
To the people who played it after the rework: is the story still kind of a mess and without a proper incest patch? Kinda miss playing the old version which was made for incest, but unfortunately I don't think that can be downloaded anymore :( this game had really good renders & characters.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
To the people who played it after the rework: is the story still kind of a mess and without a proper incest patch? Kinda miss playing the old version which was made for incest, but unfortunately I don't think that can be downloaded anymore :( this game had really good renders & characters.
This has incest ability built into it. You simply need a file called patch.rpy in the \game folder. The scripts in the game look for he patch; if it exists, dialogue is with incest references, and if it doesn't, it's the landlady-tenant stuff. It can even be an empty file. You can open even a very basic text editor and immediately choose its Save option, saving a file called patch.txt in the \game folder. Then you can rename the file from patch.txt to patch.rpy; I believe that is sufficient for this game.

• Wow
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: zaqrwe and NewSeal
Mar 28, 2019
How do you get this to work on Mac?
Control click <right click> "LISC", "Show Package Contents", open "Contents", open "Resources", now open the mod in another window, click and hold "game" then press and hold "option", drag that into "autorun", you should get the option to Merge files, do so. That should do it.

Reactions: sosa300
Dec 15, 2023
Reactions: densittie

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
That's not the problem here, though. So unless including the incest patch also manually fixes lines in the game itself, this wouldn't work. There are places where BBS uses the word "Lauren" instead of a variable (which would change it to "Mom"). Does your mod manually adjust lines like those as well?

SweatyDevil

Jan 8, 2022
That's not the problem here, though. So unless including the incest patch also manually fixes lines in the game itself, this wouldn't work. There are places where BBS uses the word "Lauren" instead of a variable (which would change it to "Mom"). Does your mod manually adjust lines like those as well?
Yes, it does. I had the talk with some people just few pages back. I manually fixed/improved the entire incest patch script, fixed some Lauren, Chloe and some other lines as well.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
There are games where it is obvious that the character must be the mother and the patch is needed, but there are others where the iPatch is added just for the kink.

I haven't had a chance to play this game yet, but I read on itch.io that the MC's parents die and he now lives with his mother's best friend (weird, but it seems to make sense), so I don't know if the creator's original idea was to use the patch or not :unsure:.

lawlawkagurL

Nov 12, 2021
There are games where it is obvious that the character must be the mother and the patch is needed, but there are others where the iPatch is added just for the kink.

I haven't had a chance to play this game yet, but I read on itch.io that the MC's parents die and he now lives with his mother's best friend (weird, but it seems to make sense), so I don't know if the creator's original idea was to use the patch or not :unsure:.
Original concept and plot was for the household characters to be biologically related with each other and can be done so through a patch, and at the same time it can be promoted and advertised in the DEV's patreon.

THIS WAS BEFORE the Patreon Overlords decided to bitch too much about taboo elements being on their site which forced a lot of DEVs to change or surrender their creative maps for their stories. Then there are those who switched to a more lenient site without having to sacrifice their craft.

I was fortunate enough to be able to play this game to how it was truly intended, so despite the massive change of the game's relationship plot, I decided to cling on to the well devised incest patch that not only functions to keep the incest but removes the interjection of the patreon-safe story element of the MC being orphaned.

So in my own gameplay, I'm able to retain what I know is truly CANON from the start.

3.80 star(s) 191 Votes