MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022

"Hi guys. I hope you had a good week and away from covid. I've been through a heavy covid session this week. It sucked. But it didn't affect our work much. The renders are almost finished. We'll get to the coding phase in a few days, and we're planning to start beta testing next week. With the beta test, we will also announce the release dates. We will share the contents and additions in the next devlog. Everything is okay right now. Take care of yourself."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

winky88888

Jun 26, 2020

"Hi guys. I hope you had a good week and away from covid. I've been through a heavy covid session this week. It sucked. But it didn't affect our work much. The renders are almost finished. We'll get to the coding phase in a few days, and we're planning to start beta testing next week. With the beta test, we will also announce the release dates. We will share the contents and additions in the next devlog. Everything is okay right now. Take care of yourself."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
means update in 2 weeks?

Reactions: Silf

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
means update in 2 weeks?
If I remember right from previous releases, the beta testing itself takes around two weeks. They plan to start beta testing next week, but we'll see how the coding goes and if they actually are able to get to the beta testing next week or not. So I would say the release for the highest tier is around 24th-28th of August, then lower ones get it around early September. But that is just my assumption though.

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
and possibly(probably) add another week or two on top of that, for the patches, bugfixes and whatnot.
version 4 ended up in like what, 0.4.4 or w/e. current version stopped at 5.4, after the usual bugfixes, and addition of animations etc.
At least thats how I roll when it comes to L.i.s.c, wait til around x.3 or x.4.
Curious how hard they truly test the game during 'beta testing' considering how many extra updates/patches they seeem to always need for a release.
Also, I am not taking a piss at the game nor its dev here and now(or ever). This is actually one of my fave games.

My point is simply, dont stare too hard at whatever releasedate we get, because if history repeats itself, you probably shouldnt play the x.0 version (in this case 6.0 I assume). Better experience to be had if u wait til x.3-x.4 probably (with most bugs gone and possible added animations or w/e) Thats just my 2 cents, you do you :)

MrBaddingtonBear

Apr 10, 2022
Curious how hard they truly test the game during 'beta testing' considering how many extra updates/patches they seeem to always need for a release.
They have 5-10 beta testers doing the beta testing. Maybe it's like domino effect kinda thing, fix one thing and then that fucks up something else that the beta testers don't notice. And then they also like to do some changes to stuff at the middle that can cause some problems.

But yes true, they said on that post that the renders are almost done but didn't say anything about animations, so I would assume that those will take some extra time and will be added in separate patch once again. So like you said, most likely the next "complete" version is available around mid September or something like that, so better hold on your horses. And not that it's a bad things, it's only two guys making the game so understandable it takes some extra to get there.

Reactions: moonshadow
3.80 star(s) 185 Votes