VN Ren'Py Abandoned Life is Hard [v0.3.6.2] [MarshmelloGames]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

iiZombie

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2019
A few criticisms (constructive, I hope).

Please eliminate the slow text scroll. I can read faster than the text appears on the screen. Is there some reason for the slow scroll. It seems like unnecessary work to do it that way, since Ren'Py has a standard Option for text-speed adjustment.

There is a programming error near the end. The section where the son comments on his mother's bra is impossible to reach, because the conditional is set too high.

Someone to assist you who is knowledgeable of the English language would be most helpful.

Is this supposed to be a parody of A Wife And Mother? If so, that's not necessarily a bad thing. We could use a game like that which progresses faster for those less patient gamers.
Hi first of all thank you for playing our game
1 - I will delete text speed in future versions
2 - You know I think it is silly to make him comment on his mother’s bra so I made it unreachable
3 - Actually there is someone helping me out with the langauage
4 - No at all the story is different as you can see and as you can see there tons of male mc games so I am trying to make a female mc game with a good story

Thank you again for reading this

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
2 - You know I think it is silly to make him comment on his mother’s bra so I made it unreachable
I can see that reasoning, and it makes sense. I was especially concerned since a variable is updated in that scene, that future content might be affected. But you seem to have a handle on that.

Good luck with your game. I shall keep an eye out for future updates.

iiZombie

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2019
I can see that reasoning, and it makes sense. I was especially concerned since a variable is updated in that scene, that future content might be affected. But you seem to have a handle on that.

Good luck with your game. I shall keep an eye out for future updates.
Thank You :)

I am happy you liked the game, and I will be more happier to join us on discord :)

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Well, I wish you success on this game, I am just not sure I will return. Neither the demo, nor the 0.1 version managed to draw my interest.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
cool a game with a female protag with kids :love::love::love:(y)
but just for me there are some points i think could be done better after playing this demo
family member skin tones-why the difference seems a lot of games do this-why
sons already corrupt why?-pacing too fast,give him reasons to spy first
im hoping the daughter doesnt start just as corrupt
options here for a unique game but the story and pacing need work.
this is just my opinion and will look forward to future updates:)(y)

Turitar707

Nov 17, 2019
Voyeurism, Exhibitionism, Female protagonist; indeed that sounds exciting for me...doesnt it? *yummy

Lets see what will happen next. In my mind it is a good start and I am quite sure some re-doings will follow :)

• Love
Reactions: iiZombie

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Probably a bug on the script, even without mastrubating in the kitchen she still get the dialogue about getting caught by the daughter.

Reactions: Highland_Hunter

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
After coming home from grocery shopping on the day Christine gets the job Nick tells his mom that she loves John and was really nice to him despite the fact that in my game Christine told John she did NOT want his help. These sorts of dialogue errors destroy immersion in the game, as it makes it seem that the choices you make as a player don't matter.

The game also needs proofreading by someone whose native language is English. Whomever is helping you now isn't a good enough proofreader. The game has a lot of errors in grammar.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
WoW . . . That was short :oops: !

At least the Mom/Christine was really "Hot", and the daughter was just ,"okay", (which is unusual for me, cause , "strawberry-blondes" are amoung my favorites :p).

1 - That bit with the Mother, worrying about getting caught, masturbating, by the daughter, (didn't even happen in my play-through, never saw it), but I got that scene anyway ! o_O
Felt like I missed a whole scene I shouldn't have. Hope that gets fixed.

2 - At the dinner table, just before the Mom/Christine tell the "kids" her good news.
That bit about Nick mentioning his friend, John, telling him about, his encounter with their Mother (she "loves" John :eek:), and making it sound "suggestive", when NOTHING actually happened ! (in my play-through, Christine, turned down his offer of "help" ! . . . . . So it was a bit "out-of-sync" with what actually happened, and a bit jarring, as if the decisions we "choose" , mean nothing !)
I hope that's a bug, and NOT how this game is going to make us play the story, and our choices have no actual input.

I got that familiar feeling, of a lot of other "Female Protagonists" games on here, who are stalked and eventually raped by all the guys in the game, and Not like a "Lesbian play-style" at all :confused: !

Looking forward, with Hope, that future up-dates, will "fix" these "bugs" and "out-of-sync" dialogs/scenes, and squash those feelings, of meaningless choices, and forced-story play-style.

• Love

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Say Welcome to New Christine & New Cindy :)

Cindy :

View attachment 535506

You can find (new) Christine here :

Hmmmm . . . . . She's Not a "red-head", but other-wise, much better, then her previous version, except for a "bit" too much "booty" / "junk-in-the-trunk " , for my liking, but her breasts are, okay size-wise, not too big, as others might want them to be.

Though, now I have fear, you've changed the Mother (Christine), to the negative, (made her "chunkier", by increasing her breasts and booty, as in "Big Tits" & Big Ass" like a lot of Devs do to appease their Patreon's desires ). :oops: :(

iiZombie

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2019
Hmmmm . . . . . She's Not a "red-head", but other-wise, much better, then her previous version, except for a "bit" too much "booty" / "junk-in-the-trunk " , for my liking, but her breasts are, okay size-wise, not too big, as others might want them to be.

Though, now I have fear, you've changed the Mother (Christine), to the negative, (made her "chunkier", by increasing her breasts and booty, as in "Big Tits" & Big Ass" like a lot of Devs do to appease their Patreon's desires ). :oops: :(
No Christine is not she is in a good size . you will see in the next version ;)

Newguy1

Jan 14, 2019
so i stumbled upon this game and I like how its going, definitely looking forward to more updates, any idea when the next update might be?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
so i stumbled upon this game and I like how its going, definitely looking forward to more updates, any idea when the next update might be?
When a new developer comes out with a new game, there is no telling IF it will ever be updated... especially since this developer is raking in a whopping $10 per month from 3 Patrons.

Many a good start dies before it can get a foothold, because the developer thinks it isn't worth the time and resources to continue.

• Love

iiZombie

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2019
When a new developer comes out with a new game, there is no telling IF it will ever be updated... especially since this developer is raking in a whopping $10 per month from 3 Patrons.

Many a good start dies before it can get a foothold, because the developer thinks it isn't worth the time and resources to continue.
Hmm no I will continue the project even I am getting 0$ per month the next update will be released in about a month from now

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes