VN Others Completed Life With a Slave -Teaching Feeling- [v4.0.6 - v2.5.2] [FreakilyCharming]

4.50 star(s) 108 Votes

tfpatchguy

May 11, 2019
I have this Friday off, so (barring any irl obligations) I'll probably start throwing together a temporary patch until people more skilled take over.
There's three different people working on three separate patches (including the original translator), so you don't need to make another.

Reactions: The3LKs

The3LKs

Jan 1, 2018
There's three different people working on three separate patches (including the original translator), so you don't need to make another.
Thank god. Guess I should've looked around more; I'm used to the TL scenes being itty bitty and discontinued by the time I get into a game lmao.
I'll probably still poke around with making my own though, it's fun practice and lets me use 3.0 if nothing else.

przemo10371

Modder
Feb 3, 2018
przemo10371
Wow, I used to think that your actions were influenced by your "I don't care" attitude
(I don't care to learn how the previous authors of the patches made them, how does the translation plugin works, "he ported all the 1.9.2 mods to 2.5.2? - ahh I don't want to do it myself, let me take it without credit and paste my name on it"),
but I went to your discord group on a whim and it's actually malice towards me? That's pathetic.
But you're under several misconceptions.

1. Surprise, surprise - I actually do want you to make your "transfix" for 3.0.x, the same goes for your 2.5.2 patch.
The pirates here will have a patch they're happy with and the more inquisitive ones/the ones more into the game (in other words those that might actually buy it) may find my version and see "buy this game, this is how you easily buy it".
It seems to have worked so far, in April the sales on dlsite eng were coming in a slow trickle at about ~3300 and now it's 4337 (for comparison the sales on jp dlsite are at 82902 - shame on you westerners).

2. You don't seem to understand 4chan.
I'm not every anonymous poster there nor do I post there much; also some of the "mean people" that were giving you shit for your patch were in fact the authors of/contributors to the older patches yours is based on.
2a. I'm not a "god/idol" to them nor do I have "friends" there.
What they think of my patch is "not shit" or "good enough" - that's it, not much more. The opposite seems to be true - you're friends with the staff and are showered with praise here. But I'm also aware that on 4chan the lack of shit is praise (by people with higher standards imo). And if anybody could be given a "god / idol" title by 4chan then that person is Nomake/TL-kun.
2b. About people giving other people shit there - they give you shit because they want you to fix those issues, and yes, they're mean about it.
They did the same thing for me - but what I did was listen to it, read & learn (about the translation plugin, javascript, etc.) and tried to fix those issues and for some mysterious reason they don't give me shit anymore.
2c. And yeah, they don't spoonfeed anyone there - they will point out issues but also expect you to do things by yourself.
2d. I'm not "4chan". I did my patch all by myself (on top of the old ones) with minimal contributions to it by anons and I'm also not responsible for the actions of others.

3. Also, which of my actions warrant your malice toward me? I released a different patch, called it more "vanilla" at first (which it was), after the mods incident was less reserved and started calling your patch a "garbage pile" (which 2.5.2 transfix is, but it's more to your disadvantage and not in some kind of "I'm better than you" way) and that's it.
Again I think it's your misinterpretations of the anonymous posters identities.

4. Hahaha, so funny, how can he ask about being credited in my patch if all he did is do *some* fixes to the translation plugin - without my fix you wouldn't be able to even run the translation plugin (see The3LKs' post), nor update the translation json (2nd fix).
I see that you're also using my tyrano fixes so you can actually have a decent translation with working spaces between words. You're welcome I guess? That kind of thing means I did a good job with them.

5. This baddie made his patch just to flex his skills that he's *so much better* than me - ... no, I made it because I care about the game.
Do you know that at some certain point you were better than me at making patches? I've been making patches for myself for a year before first releasing one and back then its main advantage was that it was structurally better, not much more.

Again, pathetic and lowers my view of this "community" even more.
Well i was a bit more... um childlish ? back then now i try to change. I started this whole TransFix stuff cuz of my geniue love of game, but it kida went away, but now that i have something to work on again, i try to be a bit more like i was back then, I am really gratefull of your translation plugin fix ,and it in deep twisted way warms my heart hearing that there are so many ppl willing to translate this game even now. All i want to say i am sorry, i was a dick and i probably still will be for a long time, but for everything i said or i've done till now i am deeply sorry.
Wow... all it took is getting ill for me to understand how fucked up behaved.
P.S. i regularry check 4chan for updates for i geniuenly am amazed how much work you do.
That's all i wanted to say.
it was long time coming

ktom677

Dec 8, 2019
so i have downloaded the game and load it up but i been looking at a black screen for more than 10 mins now, and saying "loading tyranoscript" now i just confused if i done something wrong or what?

can i get any help

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
...and saying "loading tyranoscript" now i just confused if i done something wrong or what?
If you use WinRAR it can have problems decompressing the 7z. Try using , or my copy of the modded game that I compressed as just a zip back here.

Reactions: Shatteredstar

kotomaran

Nov 14, 2020
tfpatchguy

I was trying to run your linux version. At the startup this

Electron version for Linux 64-bit (electron-v10.1.5-linux-x64)/resources/app/tyrano/libs.js:379
JavaScript:
    } else if (ua.indexOf('Chrome') > -1 && navigator.platform.indexOf('Linux') > -1) {

return 'android';
misfires that

Electron version for Linux 64-bit (electron-v10.1.5-linux-x64)/resources/app/tyrano/plugins/kag/kag.key_mouse.js:200
JavaScript:
    if ($.userenv() !== "pc") {

layer_obj_click.swipe(
which leads to

Uncaught TypeError: layer_obj_click.swipe is not a function @ kag.key_mouse.js:201

Obvious quick & dirty hack would be to do

Code:
Electron version for Linux 64-bit (electron-v10.1.5-linux-x64)/resources/app/tyrano/libs.js
@@ -377,7 +377,7 @@
     } else if (ua.indexOf('Android') > -1) {
       return 'android';
     } else if (ua.indexOf('Chrome') > -1 && navigator.platform.indexOf('Linux') > -1) {
-      return 'android';
+      return 'pc';
     } else {
       return "pc";
     }
Do you have a public git page or something?

Reactions: ohcmonrest

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Not working at all
That post is over two years old, przemo has since switched from Drive to . Their newest transfix is already installed to the game in the opening post (look above if you go for that and use WinRAR).

If you found that with a search you might want to go into your preferences and switch the search it most recent.

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
Okay, I'm loving this game, but can someone clarify which version is the most recent? It says 2.5.2 here, but if I go to either przemo or tfpatchguy's megalink pages there is a 3.0 shown. Should I be grabbing that instead? Is it translated? I'd especially like to know because 2.5.2 here, even with the parfait bugfix loaded, keeps freezing up on me.

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
2.5.2 is the latest version with a proper translation patch. If you didn't then try decompressing the prepatched game from here with 7Zip, or you could making your own with tfpatchguys transfix and mods.
Damn. I don't have the time or mental bandwidth to try and make that work. Maybe some time when I'm not already procrastinating on deadlines too much already and have had more than 2 hours of sleep a night in the last few days.
Hopefully by the time that confluence of events that I currently think it would take a miracle to make happen happens, the game will just be updated by people who actually know what they are doing.

Sidenote: How often does this game tend to update? It was first mentioned to me like a year ago now, I think, but I've only just cracked into it.

Reactions: Back

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
If anyone has a comprehensible and simple list of the key controls I'd really appreciate it. Unlike most of the VN games I find here it isn't as simple as press "h" to hide the text, enter to advance frames, and page up to go back frame by frame.
I haven't found any way to go back and undo when I click something by accident aside from reloading my most recent save file. Someone out there have the answer for this tech illiterate fool?

The3LKs

Jan 1, 2018
If anyone has a comprehensible and simple list of the key controls I'd really appreciate it. Unlike most of the VN games I find here it isn't as simple as press "h" to hide the text, enter to advance frames, and page up to go back frame by frame.
I haven't found any way to go back and undo when I click something by accident aside from reloading my most recent save file. Someone out there have the answer for this tech illiterate fool?
The controls are pretty barebones tbh. Left Click/Enter/Scroll Down to advance text (scrolling can be too quick that it causes errors sometimes). Right Click/Spacebar *during* conversations to hide the textbox; doesn't seem to work if you aren't mid-convo (like on the Home screen before/after Chats).
There is no quick undo or page-back, as far as I know. If you're unsure, usually the top choice is the "nice" option, though after the fever passes you're in the clear permanently. Just be nice to our dear Sylvie and nobody has to be dissappeared, ya?

I'll be lurking here for a bit again, ask away if you have any more questions.

Edit: Also, in 3.0 the CTRL key works as a safer skip than speed-scrolling the mouse. I don't have my 2.5.2 install at the moment, can't remember if that was a thing then.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight
4.50 star(s) 108 Votes