4.20 star(s) 165 Votes

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Never seen an update this divided in opinion. No, the MC is not the type of character we normally base games off of. As Ptolemy would say the MC does not have enough rough edges. Looking forward to the next game.
This isnt even in the same stratosphere as a certain Acting Lessons chapter.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
I thought that the back story for the MC adequately explains his being boring. The MC's life AC (After College) and BM (Before Mary) was nothing but work, work, work. A classic workaholic, that is until Mary enters his life and starts to pull him out of his shell.
Yes I know what you mean but many of those guys are work hard play hard. Didn't his backstory say that his prick friend was banging girls left and right? Yet he was just studying and work. I am not saying those are bad traits, they are good traits. It is also called a bit boring since he is the main character of the story. Of the 5 main characters, he is the most milktoast and least developed. Simone is more than just a neglected kid. His prick friend has lots of issues. Mary has more than just innocence as her motives. Even John has more personality than the MC and seems more human. If the MC was just a side character you would not notice him being as the other post says, a cardboard box. With that said this is either my favorite or second favorite game to play of all time. So it is not a dis it is just an observation. It is a shame that the game is almost complete, I will miss this story being completed.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I always figure he was on the spectrum, socially awkward because of it. Even with those closest to him.
No longer an encouraged topic in this thread, despite being endorsed by the devs. Trust me, I know. Let it lie.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
The update seemed a bit rushed to me. I expected some more conflict with the driving license stuff after the first lesson, but it skipped to the end. The roleplay scene was okay. I guess if you
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good decision with the end being relatively close, you wouldn't want to overstay your welcome once the story has been told.

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
Well it's kinda ran it's course.
We've more or less told the story as we wanted it. The only other thing on our to do list that we didn't get to was, we wanted to send them on an overseas vacation. But in the end we decided against it. 2 more updates. 3 at the most.

I do have an idea for another VN. Don't know if Ptolemy will be on board, though.
We'll see
Truly enjoyed this vn and hope to see more from you.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
So, I think the devs are taking a lot of heat that's not really earned. That said, I don't think this was a great update. And here's why:
On the other hand...
I still think this game doesn't have to be over, but there has to be some kinetic romantic and/or sexual movement in the relationship. It can reasonably end with them together, but playing around with a very expensive domme isn't the path forward into a stable future.

Unless it's ending with them broken up...which, to be very honest, I would embrace as an ending. Simone's a better fit for him, because she'll always push him and because she wants exactly him. Mary's been clinging to the stable father figure she never had. The game would have to give them both a reason to want to move forward, and it really hasn't thus far. I kinda suspect that's deliberate, but I guess we'll see.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
The thing is, if it ended with Mary going off to be with her parents/Noah/whoever, it'd be one of the very, very rarest of VNs: a realistic one. I don't think it's destined that she and the MC can't stay together. But there are a ton of reasons why they shouldn't, and a game that recognized that would be...kinda brilliant, actually.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I disagree, Mary is way too young and immature to be wife material. She would be marrying a block of wood and I don't see that kind of marriage working out lol.
As I mentioned earlier:
and the conclusion might simply be a timeskip followed with a wedding.
They shouldn't be marrying now. But a timeskip would allow the game to bypass and assume that she has matured by the end of the game.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Why are you putting maturity as an obligatiry quality for a wife? For a mother of three - maybe, but I seriously don't see why MC and Mary cannot marry now. Remember, it was her initiative to ask about commitment. And it was MC that didn't answer. So, maybe it's MC who is immature and too childish to be husband material?

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Why are you putting maturity as an obligatiry quality for a wife? For a mother of three - maybe, but I seriously don't see why MC and Mary cannot marry now. Remember, it was her initiative to ask about commitment. And it was MC that didn't answer. So, maybe it's MC who is immature and too childish to be husband material?
You don't understand why you'd want someone with maturity to potentially spend the rest of your life with?:oops:
The mc is a block of wood so I agree he'll make a terrible husband. Just picture him trying to be a father lol. Be hilarious watching him trying to figure out how to change a diaper though.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
You don't understand why you'd want someone with maturity to potentially spend the rest of your life with?:oops:
The mc is a block of wood so I agree he'll make a terrible husband. Just picture him trying to be a father lol. Be hilarious watching him trying to figure out how to change a diaper though.
I don't understand why wife must be mature, emotionally or orherwise. I understand that different people want different people to be with. And as I heard, woman chosen by man to be his wife usually has something in common with his mother (though in my case it didn't work). But. Mary has a light approach to life, she's neurotic, has a ton of insecurities and has a lack of life experience in certain areas. Does it make her immature? I don't think so. So I disagree with sentence "Mary is way too young and immature to be wife material ". I think that Mary is enough mature to marry MC, now or even before last update. And more of that, I think that Mary as his wife (and mother very soon, they both almost never care about protection from the start) is what MC needs in his life. After all, he's too boring and bleak without Mary. Or Simone. Or any other girl who will push him from time to time.

Reactions: OdinValgallovih
4.20 star(s) 165 Votes