4.20 star(s) 165 Votes

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Every update I've been waiting for is something with Andy's character! And the game ended like this... There wasn't even an ending to the Harema variant! Although there were hints... But most of all, it pisses us off that we never got Andy and just forgot about this character.
it's a shame the developer just decided to quit the game and finish it...
There is an ending where Simone continues as part of the relationship but is also doing her own thing. Andi was helpful in another ending by getting MC back with Mary. If you dig through the comments there is a link to a save file with many of the endings, otherwise replay the game multiple times with different choices to see all the endings.

Nospamwss

Sep 6, 2017
There is an ending where Simone continues as part of the relationship but is also doing her own thing. Andi was helpful in another ending by getting MC back with Mary. If you dig through the comments there is a link to a save file with many of the endings, otherwise replay the game multiple times with different choices to see all the endings.
Of course, there's no harem in the game and no relationship with Andy.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Of course, there's no harem in the game and no relationship with Andy.
Andi was never part of the game but does do something non-sexual but helpful in another ending. If you didn't see the scene below, you missed an ending.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That to me, looks like a harem ending.

Nospamwss

Sep 6, 2017
Andi was never part of the game but does do something non-sexual but helpful in another ending. If you didn't see the scene below, you missed an ending.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That to me, looks like a harem ending.
that's the problem that a hot character like Andy wasn't a game character
the creator of the game probably just wanted to finish it faster...
and Mary and Simone are like a sluggish harem

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
It's amazing, when you think about it, just how powerfully conditioned players are...that they can't accept or even comprehend the existence of an unfuckable woman in an adult game.
Sorry to quote an old post from you but are you generalising everyone here or is this just your observation based on a particular group of people?

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Sorry to quote an old post from you but are you generalising everyone here or is this just your observation based on a particular group of people?
Wow, that is old.

It's an observation based on so very many threads for so very many games, but especially this one. It's not an illogical or unreasonable expectation in the context of adult gaming — very few games introduce attractive female characters without offering the player a chance at them — but it's obviously an illogical and unreasonable expectation in the context of reality, and especially so in the context of this particular story.

With specific regard to this game, the moment Andi stepped into frame people started asking when they were going to be able to fuck her. And they kept on doing it...every release a new wave of questions (and sometimes demands)...right through to the end of the game and beyond (as you can see above).

My observation was largely based on the dissonance between the expectation created by other adult games and the in-story logic of Life with Mary. This is the designated lust object's mother and it's not an incest game. While the DLO seems more or less fine with you fooling around with Simone (depending on your choices) there isn't a single bit of characterization that suggests she'd be okay with you banging her mom and plenty that strongly suggests she's not particularly on board with her parents' sex lives at all. In other words, if you're actually following the story you know that Andi is not going to be a sexual option. Yet many, many people seem utterly baffled that she's not.

The point was more or less as I stated it: the universe of adult gaming has conditioned players to view any potentially fuckable character as actually fuckable, when in fact that's an entirely unrealistic viewpoint and very specifically refuted in this particular story. The Andi saga demonstrates that as well as anything.

Last edited:

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
Wow, that is old.

It's an observation based on so very many threads for so very many games, but especially this one. It's not an illogical or unreasonable expectation in the context of adult gaming — very few games introduce attractive female characters without offering the player a chance at them — but it's obviously an illogical and unreasonable expectation in the context of reality, and especially so in the context of this particular story.

With specific regard to this game, the moment Andi stepped into frame people started asking when they were going to be able to fuck her. And they kept on doing it...every release a new wave of questions (and sometimes demands)...right through to the end of the game and beyond (as you can see above).

My observation was largely based on the dissonance between the expectation created by other adult games and the in-story logic of Life with Mary. This is the designated lust object's mother and it's not an incest game. While the DLO seems more or less fine with you fooling around with Simone (depending on your choices) there isn't a single bit of characterization that suggests she'd be okay with you banging her mom and plenty that strongly suggests she's not particularly on board with her parents' sex lives at all. In other words, if you're actually following the story you know that Andi is not going to be a sexual option. Yet many, many people seem utterly baffled that she's not.

The point was more or less as I stated it: the universe of adult gaming has conditioned players to view any potentially fuckable character as actually fuckable, when in fact that's an entirely unrealistic viewpoint and very specifically refuted in this particular story. The Andi saga demonstrates that as well as anything.
Thanks for the detailed response. Sorry for the wait, I finally got the time to reply in detail today. I personally feel that a particular crowd here who prefer the sex scenes more to the writing, dialogue or plot itself will ask the same question regardless of looking at the genre of the title.

As you say here, this subset asked if the mother had a sex scene even though the game is more story focussed and heck, the title "Life with Mary" should give a clear idea with regards to how might the story progress. From parsing through other threads, this issue of a particular character having a sex scene and players asking for incest seem to be the two major things here that I see people ask for many a time. Heck, for those who want it maybe there can be a list of characters that have a route or sex scene etc.

However, I have to say that this is not just a problem here but in japanese visual novels as well and numerous times I remember the player bases complaining to designers to not make the side-characters have as good a design as the main characters!

My own take on the matter is that players should have tempered expectations and carefully read the genres and/or check out the characters with routes before taking the plunge. Also, they should lose the mindset of each and every game catering to their fetishes/likes. In fact, I recently was guilty of this myself when I jumped into a game called "Dreams of Desire" blind and it didn't turn out to be what I expected because I didn't read in detail. I was miffed at the direction of the story and personality of MC but I was the one to blame since it didn't cater to me.

With that said, many of these VN's have a far fetched story anyhow so it's strange that you call this aspect or demand from these users unrealistic when you have plots with a son attracting all his female blood relatives and them sleeping with him readily lol. To stop myself from rambling further, you have to divorce "reality" from these VN's and treat them all as a "heightened reality" where certain things are in the realm of possibility for the sake of the story to move forward.

Anyway, I think a certain group of users will regardless ask this same question while some will actually start to read the tags and do their due diligence before jumping into a, for example vanilla game and the downloader hoping for BDSM lol. Blind jumping into a VN once in a while is great but not always rewarding if the user comes with preconceived notions!

Reactions: xtr3mx7

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Two things: it's kind of "Sidegirl effect". I mean a lots of game i play here, i more interested the side girls than the main. Don't know the exact reason for it, but it's exist :)
Another thing is the game and visual novel difference. If this is a game with choices, then give me choices even if i can fuck up MC life with it. For example.: Andi wasn't a fan of our relation with Mary. She could try to seduce MC to prove Mary that MC is a POS. Bam, player got sexy time, and and a kick between the legs, and the game world integrity is safe :)

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
I've downloaded the 1.0.2 version and while replaying there seems to have issues with characters showing in the speech.

Life with Mary 1.0.2.jpg

When i have a look at the rpy file, there are all over the places instead of the correct punctuations. Can someone confirm if they have them same issue?

Reactions: Traktor23

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
I've downloaded the 1.0.2 version and while replaying there seems to have issues with characters showing in the speech.

View attachment 450004

When i have a look at the rpy file, there are all over the places instead of the correct punctuations. Can someone confirm if they have them same issue?
Yeah, had the same issue as well.

Reactions: xtr3mx7

Traktor23

Aug 18, 2019

View attachment 450004

The same for me, now.

Furthermore the puntuactions error continue in other scene. But for me it's not a problem

sample.png

Last edited:
Reactions: asd33asd33

SandmansMisery

Sky Squad!
Donor
Jun 24, 2019
I miss this game I never finished it :( I lost my game save (Simone apartment) an then never felt like finishing since the game has been in completed stage. I should probably give it a another go lol You know now that Im thinking it would be nice to see a Life with Simone lol

4.20 star(s) 165 Votes