4.20 star(s) 165 Votes
U

User_365148

About the only issue I have is when in the previous update Mary was basically like "Next time... we bang for sure." then in this update it's back to the Stairway to Heaven. One of my favorite parts of this game is that it doesn't follow the traditional live out every day structure that we see in a TON of other games, but it does feel like it's getting to the point where I have trouble buying days at a time in the background with little to no advancement at this point in the relationship. The pair clearly wants each other... the pair KNOWS that they want each other... and the pair is sleeping in the same bed... barely clothed every damn night... and it's not like they haven't done anything yet. The main character continues to be frustratingly passive. He refuses to make any real move at all... So again... that's my main critique... I could buy the really slow pace up until they started making out naked on a semi-regular basis, after the blow job, more should have happened IMO. And as fun as the photography stuff was... it felt as if it was inserted to drag out the eventual sex between the two and not all that organic.

Now this game has always been a slow burn... but every slow burn is supposed to become a bigger fire eventually... and it just feels like THIS was the update where it should have happened. Just my two cents... and I am looking forward to seeing what comes next... but definitely frustrated as a player.
That's because you're thinking about it like it's an episode in a TV show.
For us it's one continuous narrative. What's in the update is what we managed to do in the time we had.
The fact that we end each update with the two of them in bed, is the biggest concession we're willing to make on the episodic front. We just don't want to end things in the middle of a scene.
But if you're really curious read bellow
If you don't want to be spoiled, don't.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
That's because you're thinking about it like it's an episode in a TV show.
For us it's one continuous narrative. What's in the update is what we managed to do in the time we had.
The fact that we end each update with the two of them in bed, is the biggest concession we're willing to make on the episodic front. We just don't want to end things in the middle of a scene.
But if you're really curious read bellow
If you don't want to be spoiled, don't.
No one's asking you to rush things. Lord knows it's hard enough getting a release done on time in the first place... but it's not so much about it being episodic (though... that is always how releases end up being... whether we want them to be that way or not... especially in a linear game) but more about the expectations that were set in the last update. When someone says 'Next time' and in-game days go by and nothing really happens... and it isn't even discussed... that's where it comes off as a little strange. Had that issue myself once... where a cliffhanger led into an update that didn't really deliver well on the expectations it set, and we got pounded on it... and rightly so.

As for your spoiler:

Either way... good luck in the future. Just sharing my thoughts... which I generally only do with games I really like... or that really piss me off. You're in the former.

YouKnowDean

Apr 14, 2018
I really like how this game is written, even if the binary choices make it little more than a kinetic VN and some typos/grammar things need to be ironed out. It actually bugs me more than it should that "should of" is used instead of "should have"

Still, probably one of my favourite games in this genre right now

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@dekail Well, life often is quite binary, you either do or you don't, you either agree or disagree, and if you wait too long you might miss out on the opportunity to do neither, haha, so I'm perfectly fine with the binary options.

Reactions: kiteares
U

User_365148

I really like how this game is written, even if the binary choices make it little more than a kinetic VN and some typos/grammar things need to be ironed out. It actually bugs me more than it should that "should of" is used instead of "should have"

Still, probably one of my favourite games in this genre right now
You're the second guy to mention the "should of" thing. But I just did a search in the text files, and I couldn't find it.
Can you tell me where you saw that so that we can correct it?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
You're the second guy to mention the "should of" thing. But I just did a search in the text files, and I couldn't find it.
Can you tell me where you saw that so that we can correct it?
The numbers are line numbers:
Code:
$ grep -iEn "should of" *.rpy
day8.rpy:635:                p "\" Should of warned you.\""
script.rpy:360:                mi "\" But sometimes... Sometimes I feel like I should of never gotten married.\""
And thanks for the update! I love it and I only wish there was more, as always ;)

KyoriKusagami

Nov 10, 2017
Great game so far. This game is a relief because it's a realistic romance type and not a cheating cliché that i see in 90% games. Great writing too, i like to read every single dialogue and there's no need to rush because it's a propose from game since at begining and when the update finish my mind says "No! I want more". Good job Dev

Sabahudin

Dec 11, 2017
Fist of the good

I really like the game, the renders are really nice, the story even though similar to so many out there feels different (in a good way), it feels almost believable.

The bad

I have played this game few times and I find it very one dimensional ; it's either you follow main story line or game is over pretty much (maybe I have missed something).

Overall would definitely recommend.

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
@Eerie Entity If you like monogamous games that focuses more on love than fucking anything moves, I'd recommend games by Tlaero & Mortze under Tora Productions. Especially Elsa-verse games and Pandora. I don't know if these games are on this website. I found them on playforceone.com. You could also check their Patreon to download.

4.20 star(s) 165 Votes