4.20 star(s) 165 Votes

Bfrop

Dec 22, 2017
Don't forget, you have to mean it, no wait! you have to MEAN it. Get it?
You also have to call her Milady. Like a real gentleman.
I have hard time to larp with this game, how old is the dev? 67?

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@HeavyEavy "The thing I am a bit perplexed with, is that she goes from 0 -> ludicrous speed."
She doesn't go from 0 to 100 THAT fast, I mean sure, she does start to develop feelings for MC quite quick, but if you read the narrative and everything, you see that it sometimes skips days ahead between events at a time, so basically they've been working on the relationship for weeks, and it's entirely possible to fall for someone that fast, even faster.
And it is a game after all, if the game would take as slow building the feelings and relationship, you'd be playing the game for weeks nonstop before you even get the first kissing scene, haha, so it's for the better to NOT be TOO realistic time-wise :p

Reactions: kiteares

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Don't forget, you have to mean it, no wait! you have to MEAN it. Get it?
You also have to call her Milady. Like a real gentleman.
I have hard time to larp with this game, how old is the dev? 67?
Well, at least he isn't 13 :rolleyes:
Are you sure that you're qualified to decide how an at least 40 year old (or how old he's supposed to be exactly?) anti-social closed-up and slightly autistic guy would behave or talk?

Reactions: kiteares

Dman11

Oct 13, 2017
Not a bad update but was hoping for more then the one bj scene and a short bathroom tease.(I expected the bathroom scene to play out longer with maybe him hoping in and her watching for a bit)

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
@Eerie Entity Good points, I don't disagree with any of them but let me clarify, in one conversation they have:
Sitting on couch
Mary wrapped in towel, covers herself because she's embarrassed
<short conversation>
Okay, I'll let you take pictures of it, let me get some stuff and do some studying.
<few days later>
Results of study...It does not taste like pineapple.
0 -> ludicrous:)

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
@Penfold Mole I'm not so sure he's autistic in any way. I'm much like MC, I'm 57 and worked in a management position most of my working life(I'm retired now). I'm blunt and I don't bs, I follow through with what I say, and mean it. I also really really hate repeating myself because I say what I mean and I mean what I say and I just expect others to be the same. Could be my upbringing though, from an early age I was taught "God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason". So I did lots of listening and not much talking.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Wasn't it mentioned in the beginning of the story? I may be wrong about it, though.
It was months ago when I started it, after all.

I was right after all, it was mentioned in the script:

Code:
$ grep -iEn "autis" *.rpy
script.rpy:50:                " If you were the autistic geek, he was the ladies man."
Code:
                "Well [player_name]. Your life has been ok."
                "Most will say that you've done well for yourself."
                " But it wasn't always so."
                " It started pretty normally."
                hide i1
                show i2
                with dissolve
                " You were pretty antisocial in college."
                " Pretty nonsocial all your life."
                hide i2
                show i3
                with dissolve
                " Luckily for you, you found Mike, your best friend."
                " If you were the autistic geek, he was the ladies man."
                hide i3
                show i4
                with dissolve
                " You were inseparable."
                " He had the easy confidence with other people, and especially women, that you lacked."
                " In fact, without him you might never have gotten layed."
                hide i4
                show i5
                with dissolve
                " The two of you parted ways after college."
                " He moved away from the city and to your shock, got married."
                " And even had a daughter."
                " You never stopped keeping in touch through email, but without him you fell back into your troglodyte ways."
And the guy is probably at least 42 years old. I can imagine myself in his place pretty well, actually.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Yes, I get it, he calls himself "autistic geek", it doesn't mean that he actually is autistic. It was just a word I remembered, not the context.
It also doesn't mean that he may not have a hint of Asperger's as many "geeky" people do.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@HeavyEavy Well, it's not that Mary is ludicrous, it's just that her friend has been planting ideas and all, she's not exactly a person Mary should be listening to, because if she had her way, she'd have girl-on-girl action with Mary (Mary's friend seem to be swing both ways, based on how she acts and all), haha xD

DoomedForever

Jul 16, 2018
@DoomedForver Well to be perfectly honest, if you look at everything that's going on in her life, i.e. her parents constantly arguing and fighting, her father cheating on her mother, them getting divorced, can you really blame her wanting to know that what she and MC has is real and won't end up like her parents? MC is the only thing in her life right now that makes her happy, she just doesn't wanna lose it, she just wants to be sure that it's not all just in her head.
I get where she's coming from with her insecurities perfectly fine, so I have no issues with it.

Having that said, it is starting to become a little ridiculous if it keeps going on for too much longer, MC's (the way I've played things with her) done everything to assure her of their relationship, he's been supporting, comforting and caring, loving (loving in his own way, not exactly a guy that shows his emotions too much, closed up guy as he is), it should be enough to put her at ease at least a little bit to tone down all that second-guessing, haha.
That's a pretty good explanation, I'm not in her shoes so it's harder for me to understand that. I hope we're seeing the last of it, though. Like you said, as time progresses she is being provided with more and more reasons to not act that way and the exam result should come as a motivation to stop the unnecessary worrying.

HeavyEavy

Feb 8, 2018
@Penfold Mole No worries, I enjoy discussions like this.
@lifewithmary456 LOL sorry no complaints, we were talking about the MC being autistic, based on his statement "If you were the autistic geek"
@Eerie Entity Did you ever see Spaceballs? (google ludicrous speed). They are pretty touchy with each other, holding each other like lovers do sometimes(kissing, hugging, holding each other poses)and Mary's reaction to the kiss is when she looks at the MC, so her concern wasn't being kissed, it was what he would think about it.

U

User_365148

@Penfold Mole No worries, I enjoy discussions like this.
@lifewithmary456 LOL sorry no complaints, we were talking about the MC being autistic, based on his statement "If you were the autistic geek"
@Eerie Entity Did you ever see Spaceballs? (google ludicrous speed). They are pretty touchy with each other, holding each other like lovers do sometimes(kissing, hugging, holding each other poses)and Mary's reaction to the kiss is when she looks at the MC, so her concern wasn't being kissed, it was what he would think about it.
Oh, sorry.
Must be a language thing. English is not my native language.
I apologize.

ulix

May 13, 2018
Nice game!
Because I like incest and that game was easy to modify, for fun I made a simple incest patch. Most part of story already was oriented in this directions, so I just did some little adjustment to dialogs in order to make her the real niece of protagonist. I hope some should enjoy of it. Simply unzip and replace the files in games folder (do a backup before ;-))
Enjoy

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Life with Mary 0.25 Walkthrough

Here, a brief walkthrough the game, as of version 0.25.
Te game mechanics are pretty simple so this guide is pretty short. Any complains, errors, suggestions or anything you can allways tell me.
Thanks @Siaschia! This is clear, concise, and easy-to-follow. People will appreciate this!

Reactions: Siaschia

Wutzel

Aug 6, 2017
Hossa this games looks so far really good, lovly chars both genders and not like it says Rroarr often is the male part like how the fuck I came so damn quick away from this ugly perv. Good story and I will know what happend in the futere with his bff, it´s a good char like Liam from Acting Lessions how seams nice but I think he will die and have cancer or worse.
Wow after longer playing I see her mom damn, I hope their seperating then I will get her married right away.

4.20 star(s) 165 Votes