4.20 star(s) 165 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'm only part way through this release, but I have to air out one thing that bugs me. I have read through the Mary/Mare posts, and don't mind how they are used in this game. I consider Mare a valid nickname for Mary. Of course, I actually watched the Mary Tyler Moore Show live, and have been conditioned.

But Andy/Andi? Really? Andy is consistently used in the tags, and also used by people who aren't closely familiar with her. But the MC and Mary both refer to her as Andi, as though it is some kind of a nickname. Come on! It's the same damn thing! Pick one or the other and stick with it. When people talk using nicknames they don't spell them out in their minds. THEY BOTH SOUND THE SAME!

My apologies for bringing what even I realize is a triviality to this thread. But it bugs me, and I had to do it. Now back to the game...

EDITED to correct my incorrect reference of Mary as Melody. Melody is the title character of another game, which thread I was also posting to at the time. I guess I picked the wrong day to quit thinking.

U

User_365148

I'm only part way through this release, but I have to air out one thing that bugs me. I have read through the Mary/Mare posts, and don't mind how they are used in this game. I consider Mare a valid nickname for Mary. Of course, I actually watched the Mary Tyler Moore Show live, and have been conditioned.

But Andy/Andi? Really? Andy is consistently used in the tags, and also used by people who aren't closely familiar with her. But the MC and Melody both refer to her as Andi, as though it is some kind of a nickname. Come on! It's the same damn thing! Pick one or the other and stick with it. When people talk using nicknames they don't spell them out in their minds. THEY BOTH SOUND THE SAME!

My apologies for bringing what even I realize is a triviality to this thread. But it bugs me, and I had to do it. Now back to the game...
It's a typo
No need to become abrasive. It will be fixed

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
It's a typo
No need to become abrasive. It will be fixed
My apologies. It wasn't my intention to come across as abrasive. I love this game and certainly do not wish to offend the developers.

I have to ask though. Is the text written by more than one person? Because Andi/Andy occurs across several releases in multiple instances. Just curious. [Not abrasive... I hope]

U

User_365148

My apologies. It wasn't my intention to come across as abrasive. I love this game and certainly do not wish to offend the developers.

I have to ask though. Is the text written by more than one person? Because Andi/Andy occurs across several releases in multiple instances. Just curious. [Not abrasive... I hope]
No. One person
But the variable name for the character is Andi, while her character name is Andy. That might be why.
We've been made aware of this typo a few days ago, and already fixed in in our working version.
We found 3 instances where this error happens. If you find more, point them out and we'll fix it.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
No. One person
But the variable name for the character is Andi, while her character name is Andy. That might be why.
We've been made aware of this typo a few days ago, and already fixed in in our working version.
We found 3 instances where this error happens. If you find more, point them out and we'll fix it.
Thank you for your response.

While I may be anal, I'm not anal enough to replay the game to find those instances. :cool:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Correct (gotta love misquotes), but wtf is Melody?
That's what happens when you are simultaneously posting on two different threads, and it's late at night.

Melody is the title character of another game that I love. You might want to check it out. It's by Mr. Dots, the creator of Dating My Daughter. Some think that Melody is the better game.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
No. One person
I don't know which ones you fixed, but there seems to be a few more than just 3 Andi's in there.
Thank you for your response.

While I may be anal, I'm not anal enough to replay the game to find those instances. :cool:
I guess we're in luck it's Ren'Py and no one in the right mind would do that just to find a string in all the script files :coldsweat:

Numbers are line numbers:
Code:
$ grep -iEn "\bandi\b" *.rpy | grep -vE "^[^\"]+\s+andi\s"
day7.rpy:910:                " They go while John's gaze lingers after Andi."
day7.rpy:927:                " As they come back out, you have to admit that age did not do wrong by Andi."
day7.rpy:1016:                j "\" Andi. The sun is getting pretty hot.\""
day9.rpy:317:                " Mary runs over to Andi and is prepared to pounce..."
day9.rpy:1052:                " As you eat breakfast, Andi sits across from you."

It's also quite easy to open all script files in Notepad++ and search for a string across all open files. It was just easier for me to use grep and post just text as I normally do.
Well, here's an example about how you do it in Notepad++:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: User_365148
U

User_365148

I don't know which ones you fixed, but there seems to be a few more than just 3 Andi's in there.

I guess we're in luck it's Ren'Py and no one in the right mind would do that just to find a string in all the script files :coldsweat:

Numbers are line numbers:
Code:
$ grep -iEn "\bandi\b" *.rpy | grep -vE "^[^\"]+\s+andi\s"
day7.rpy:910:                " They go while John's gaze lingers after Andi."
day7.rpy:927:                " As they come back out, you have to admit that age did not do wrong by Andi."
day7.rpy:1016:                j "\" Andi. The sun is getting pretty hot.\""
day9.rpy:317:                " Mary runs over to Andi and is prepared to pounce..."
day9.rpy:1052:                " As you eat breakfast, Andi sits across from you."
Thanks

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
@lifewithmary456
It looks like my regex wasn't perfect and missed line 35 in day9.rpy :winkytongue:
I assumed that Andy herself woudn't say her name and filtered out all Andy's lines, but she did when she introduced herself. I guess I was too greedy and tried to find all lowercase Andi's, too.
A simple
grep -En "\bAndi\b" *.rpy
would have worked perfectly.

PrebenJensen

Jun 14, 2017
Nice game!
Because I like incest and that game was easy to modify, for fun I made a simple incest patch. Most part of story already was oriented in this directions, so I just did some little adjustment to dialogs in order to make her the real niece of protagonist. I hope some should enjoy of it. Simply unzip and replace the files in games folder (do a backup before ;-))
Enjoy
Have you updated it?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

I chose 'Yes', because I believe the developer does not intend to introduce side characters as sex interests for the MC. And chosing 'No' could complicate the MC's relationship with Mary. However, just in case I'm wrong, I have set a save at that point. So if the developer decides he needs to please the large contingent of viewers who want a harem (or who hate John), I can go back and start a separate route for that.

Hey, it wouldn't bother me if the MC decides to screw Andi (and/or any other female in the game). I just don't think it's going to play out that way and would go completely against his character as developed thus far.

Reactions: bigmen

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
A very nice update to an amazing game. I love that the story advances significantly, and so far I'm enjoying the unfolding romance. One thing this game does right is "pacing," the way you slowly get to know the characters as they get to know each other.

On a side note, I laughed out loud at Carl's stupid face.

Reactions: Cruger

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Hello, new to site & loving it so far. I think you've done a great job on this game, beautiful graphics, nice animations, Amazing writing/ dialogue imho, and I love how i get a chuckle every little while. I'm having a slight issue that i can't seem to progress past no matter how many saves I go back and make different chioces:
can I get some assistance or maybe a *Hint*?

Reactions: kiteares
4.20 star(s) 165 Votes