4.20 star(s) 165 Votes
S

SteelRazer

I really like the story moving forward, and that friend of Mary who seems to spice the relationship between MC and Mary. Meybe there werent as many scenes as in 0.05 release but it is stated at the end that its still Demo so cant expect too much from it now. I agree there could be affection or relationship status indicator , but again it is still too early . Hopefuly as stated there are planned 180 renders for next release ,which could mean first bigger update.

ElmerFudd

Sep 4, 2017
In one line Simone calls Mary Mare is that a typo? I don't think she would like to be called a horse.

To me the dad reminds of that whacked out druggy from teachers pet he also looks very creepy and weird whenever he tries to smile but then the MC also looks like one of those creepy ones.
Calling her "Mare"could well be a nickname.. a shortened version of her name that is, Mary. My brother's in-laws have a daughter called Mary, and her family sometimes refer to her the same way in conversations. Then again, as you say, it too could well be a typo.

Reactions: cully and kiteares

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I agree with you that not all games need the same systems in place. Playing through this game does currently leave me with the impression (as well as with comments made in this thread) that perhaps there is absolutely no branching. A line or two of alternate dialog and a single image comes up depending on which of 2 choices is made at each stop and then the story resumes regardless of the pick. Then every so often there will be the possibility of a game over based on number of "right" and "wrong" choices.

Mainly though this game is still early in development. I have no idea how the game might evolve. I'm not saying it definitely needs visible scoring, but I can certainly understand how some might find it helpful even now. Also I wanted to point out some things that make visible scoring more important should the game evolve to include some common stumbling blocks.

I, too, tend to play VNs through the first time without paying attention to scores. As soon as I hit my first bad end I tend to start looking for game feedback.

As for a player being penalized for lack of knowledge, I actually find the very first choice in this game to suffer related to this topic. We are introduced to a girl and our first choices are, you have grown since I last saw you, and it is nice to meet you for the first time ever. I am paraphrasing. I feel like it is a knowledge choice to see if I correctly know my history with this girl rather than a decision how to greet with respect/casualness/aloofness/with innuendo/etc.

Also, since it has been stated that the game currently doesn't have a game over situation in it yet and we do not have visible access to the scoring system, none of us actually know if what we think are right choices are leading us to success or failure. One can only know by going into the game code at the moment. Incremental releases can be made into an argument for showing scores. Since a player doesn't get feedback on overall success or failure because that part of the game is not yet implemented, it is nice to have some indication if a player did well or poorly on the part that does exist.

On a separate note, if this game does have game overs once a week or so by checking if number of right choices is greater than some number, I would say that I always dislike this style. My personal preference is for "fast fail." If there are 10 questions and I must answer 6 correct then I would rather start over as soon as I miss a 5th question. Being allowed to continue after I can not possibly succeed means I might overwrite a save point that can still win with a save that has already lost (thereby ruining both saves with no way of me knowing). Or it could just be a new save made from an unwinnable position. I can load that save over and over trying every combination of all choices after that point and keep failing. There is no way to know that that particular save has no way to succeed.
I'm never a fan of player punishment dead ends myself... It's usually not so bad when they exist in the very beginning, usually as a way of getting people to not be overly perverted right out the gate, but I've not run into any dead ends in this game so far... But of course, I've not tried to go out of my way to look for them either...

I understand the desire for a visible point system... And folks who really want one, you could always politely ask the developer/s for one, but if they decide not to do it, I wouldn't go bashing them for it... It's their baby, and they should really do what they feel is best for it...

pot123

Aug 6, 2017
How much content is there right now? I like the idea of a well written story with my favorite games being Mortze and Tlaero's.

In terms of points system, my general opinion is that you should be able to tell if you got the right choice from the reaction of the person you're talking to. If you can't tell then a point system is needed otherwise it is going to cause frustration. But i'm not sure what the case is with this game since I haven't played it yet.

S

SteelRazer

How much content is there right now? I like the idea of a well written story with my favorite games being Mortze and Tlaero's.

In terms of points system, my general opinion is that you should be able to tell if you got the right choice from the reaction of the person you're talking to. If you can't tell then a point system is needed otherwise it is going to cause frustration. But i'm not sure what the case is with this game since I haven't played it yet.
There is some content to be entertained for a while if you are just not spaming to go forward but its still Demo and you can tell good/bad choice by the facial expressions or convo reactions.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
I've not run into any dead ends in this game so far...
From earlier in this thread
Not exactly the same convos.
It will affect weather Mary stays or goes home at the end of the week.
Pick to many wrong, and she'll want nothing to do with you.

But we haven't reached the end of the week yet.
Maybe one week is the entire scope of the game. Simply thinking that romances generally take longer and hoping the game isn't super short when it is done, I was thinking this "wanting nothing to do with us" may be a recurring weekly test.

As for showing points, I agree it is developers option. Someone did ask politely. Several people added votes against the request. So I posted potential reasons in support of it.

@pot123 There is certainly some story to be enjoyed in this release. That said, there is not really any adult content in it yet. Right now I'd say it is still at light flirting stages and does not take all that long to reach the end. The first demo was Flyer length. The next few were Pamphlet sized. Current one is pushing a small bit beyond pamphlet. It's steadily growing, so just depends on how big you want it before you give games a look.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
From earlier in this thread

Maybe one week is the entire scope of the game. Simply thinking that romances generally take longer and hoping the game isn't super short when it is done, I was thinking this "wanting nothing to do with us" may be a recurring weekly test.

As for showing points, I agree it is developers option. Someone did ask politely. Several people added votes against the request. So I posted potential reasons in support of it.

@pot123 There is certainly some story to be enjoyed in this release. That said, there is not really any adult content in it yet. Right now I'd say it is still at light flirting stages and does not take all that long to reach the end. The first demo was Flyer length. The next few were Pamphlet sized. Current one is pushing a small bit beyond pamphlet. It's steadily growing, so just depends on how big you want it before you give games a look.
I was just going to ask, but you seem to have answered everything, good job!

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
I really enjoy this game it's a bit of a slow burn, but the story seems to be making up for it. Looking forward to the next update.

primeumaton

May 4, 2017
Well. Good toe in the door of a start I suppose. I was enjoying it before it suddenly ended with no feeling of having gotten anywhere. =/
Look forward to its completion.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017

Pretty sure there is a bug in your script when I was playing both of the two options for one of the choices had no influence gain or loss but she got pissed with wrong option and seemed happy with another. Since deleted the game but sure if you backtrack you can figure out which.

pot123

Aug 6, 2017
Just finished it and I have to say i'm really excited to see what comes next. I feel like in a year when we get a fuller game, this is looking like it is going to be one of my top games.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Damn, this is fucking excellent so far.

I'd rate it perfectly, but I have some tiny, pedantic quibbles. For one, when you're driving her in the car on her first day of school and offering to give her driving lessons, she says she doesn't want to be a spoiled princess. The options for dialogue then aren't very informative. One says "You're not a princess", the other says "That's your prerogative". I tested both reactions and it turns out the former is the best. In reality, though, you don't tell her that she isn't a princess, which would be rude or weird: you're really saying "You're not spoiled".

So, you might want to change the option's text for that dialogue, in order to reflect that.

Secondly, even smaller, in the beginning when she is wearing the blue jeans and white tank top, which are very hot, the image next to the text doesn't match her clothes. I'm sure you're aware, and it's by no means a big deal.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
It's meant to be a challenge and building up sexual tension seems to work for more games in the long-term.

4.20 star(s) 165 Votes