Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Sorry for my english, but please I need This possible solution erros
You probably try running the unassembled files from source code.
If you wanna play just forget the whole source material and download the game itself from here, exactly from the first page of this thread.

BudgetPro

Nov 11, 2020
OK if I dont upload this now itll probably never be in a state worth releasing because i just keep changing shit every day!

SO without further ado, I present

! BPRO MOD PACK

version 0.0.2
SmallUpdate Apr20,2024

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

------------------------------------------------------

This mod started as just some simple additions to NickNo's HomeExpander but it quickly grew way beyond that, so let me briefly explain the major features i can remember... :oops:

Ive also decided to include a few Bonus mods / Bonus downloads as well separate from my core mod :

Also, keep in mind that i have made this using game version 23.7 (the version available for download here most recently) so I can not guarantee how this mod will work with any older version of the game.

Installation instructions are included in the readme file inside my mod folder after you download it but its pretty straight forward, and i put the "Replacement" files you need to copy in an easy location to find, and I separated the ThirdParty mods that i changed as well incase you feel you need to remove some of my changes to them (like if you already modded them yourself) However, you will probably need to leave nn_HomeExpander in place or I cant guarantee how much of my mod will break lol

Also, i have probably forgot to mention some features here so if you see something you think i should add to the information in this post, let me know. Arigatogozaimasu

I think that about covers the gist of it for now. WARNING i have not done extensive bug testing so you are very likely to encounter some. please report them to me and I will do what i can to fix them. also if you have suggestions im happy to hear them :)

ENJOY!

PS: Any modders who want to modify or use my mod or parts of it in their own GO FOR IT! Consider this official permission to do absolutely anything you want with my uploads, consider them open source

(((((( Initial release version 0.0.2 -- April 20th, 2024 )))))))
-- delete previous copy from your /Modules/ folder if you are updating (need to remove erroneous files)

Last edited:

BudgetPro

Nov 11, 2020
btw, can i get a "full mod pack" or do i need to download it one by one?
I just uploaded my entire current thirdparty mod pack (practically every mod possible, including entire Ravenger Scenes and all the Radeck mods[nonOverhaul]) as I am currently using them on game v23.7 so if you just downloaded the game this is basically everything in one place :)

(see post above this)

Last edited:

freedomfr

Jan 19, 2024
I just uploaded my entire current thirdparty mod pack (practically every mod possible, including entire Ravenger Scenes and all the Radeck mods[nonOverhaul]) as I am currently using them on game v23.7 so if you just downloaded the game this is basically everything in one place :)

(see post above this)
wow, tysm. i will try it :)

Reactions: BudgetPro

BudgetPro

Nov 11, 2020
Found a few more bugs and updated the mod post with new file copies for the Core mod and Devtool mod, and i updated the Info on the mod post because i forgot to mention an entire minor mod feature :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Sockenbarth

Jan 1, 2018
Is anyone working on a translation? Will it be in German at some point? Or could someone explain to me how to translate the game? So without dialogues.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Is anyone working on a translation? Will it be in German at some point? Or could someone explain to me how to translate the game? So without dialogues.
No. You can use the translation button within the game to translate the actual textlines. All scene dialogues was written in english and all mods too. Also game has no localisation options, from this hardcoded elements remain english. You could translate thousands of lines within lp files under modules folder manually if you really want to do.

Sockenbarth

Jan 1, 2018
No. You can use the translation button within the game to translate the actual textlines. All scene dialogues was written in english and all mods too. Also game has no localisation options, from this hardcoded elements remain english. You could translate thousands of lines within lp files under modules folder manually if you really want to do.
a real shame. It is absolutely inconvenient to use the translator in the game. It would be a lot of help to me if the clickable elements were translated. and is it just too complicated for that? Or I'll ask, where can I find the files for these elements? everything in the module folder?

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
a real shame. It is absolutely inconvenient to use the translator in the game. It would be a lot of help to me if the clickable elements were translated. and is it just too complicated for that? Or I'll ask, where can I find the files for these elements? everything in the module folder?
Sry, but I don't feel that way. LifePlay is a free opensource game (not a commercial one) what made by one man dev (who was from Britain btw). So why would it be expected to be translated into several languages?
But everyone has the opportunity to modify and expand it, and if you will, you can translate the dialogues within the files under the modules, including mods what you put there. Also you can find the documentation about modding under docs folder. All other elements like the GUI elements, buttons, tooltips, etc is hardcoded and remain as it is.
(A little problem can occur if a game or a mod gets an update you should translate that before you use. This is the main reason why nobody wrote a translated version until now.)

BudgetPro

Nov 11, 2020
Unfortunately when game devs dont use the industry standard style Localization system, its very hard to translate anything. and in this case there is also an entire sub level of mods as well and the modders arent using Localization either (it would probably be difficult to convince them to do so LOL)

Translating this game right now would first of all require going to the actual source code and manually changing everything (or creating localization system to replace it?)

Maybe someone someday will have the interest but I think i wouldnt hold my breath on this one until some mod team really makes an updated fork / overhaul

its amazing that the autotranslators even exist. cant even count how many games I never would have got to play with them. ive manually translated some old RPGmaker games by hand before, ive done CC for movies before too. Let me tell you.. that is not a fun process. and it takes FORever. lol

but i say, if you want something bad enough, make the time to figure out how to get it ;)

-----

separate note, does anyone know if this game actually keeps track of days or like what day it is or what the player's birthday is etc ??

Last edited:

Sockenbarth

Jan 1, 2018
thank you guys for the words. I'll see if I can translate anything myself. I just have to search through all the files until I find the right one. As I said, I would only translate the clickable and selectable things.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Unfortunately when game devs dont use the industry standard style Localization system, its very hard to translate anything. and in this case there is also an entire sub level of mods as well and the modders arent using Localization either (it would probably be difficult to convince them to do so LOL)

Translating this game right now would first of all require going to the actual source code and manually changing everything (or creating localization system to replace it?)

Maybe someone someday will have the interest but I think i wouldnt hold my breath on this one until some mod team really makes an updated fork / overhaul

its amazing that the autotranslators even exist. cant even count how many games I never would have got to play with them. ive manually translated some old RPGmaker games by hand before, ive done CC for movies before too. Let me tell you.. that is not a fun process. and it takes FORever. lol

but i say, if you want something bad enough, make the time to figure out how to get it ;)

-----

separate note, does anyone know if this game actually keeps track of days or like what day it is or what the player's birthday is etc ??
The player's birthday is treated as Jan 1.

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes