CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Not really a plan, but it's a thought I have always kept in my mind, but for now transitioning the game towards a proper 'full 3d' experience is , realistically speaking, beyond the scope of a part-time (at least for now until my Patreon grows) project by one person I'm afraid. Although if it's just a single interior like your bedroom (where most of the sex takes place anyway), it could be a reality sooner.
I am aware that you're just one guy. And you've been doing a hell of a great job so far!
A single interior would be nice. Might even spark some interest with some modders, when they see what's possible to do with the game.

Nuffy

May 5, 2018
Ever heard of sky rim and the mods that add their own animations and physics ?
What does that have to do with this game? The modding guides included with the game make it very clear which types of files are expected in a mod, and none of those types can add models or animations, or change an part of the way the game's engine actually functions. Obviously, I could be wrong. I only downloaded the game last night, and haven't been fiddling with it for long, but I have read the modding guides and I'm pretty sure I understood everything.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Where there is a will -> there is a way.

I am sure enough sky rim devs never intended on any skin/bones/*xlab or creatures being created and cut pasted into their game ... that little detail never stopped modders from creating expansions from scratch (using the very resources you seem to despise).

This is not a critique but a wake up call. If you find anything you enjoy about this game, give it a try and try your hand at some mods. Bring Jen Lawrence / brad pitt / Pirates of the carribean / sukker punch girls into this game and I am sure everyone will be pleased and full of praise for you.

Have fun Playing!

Happy MOdding!

Reactions: AnonF21

Cici007

Jan 17, 2018
how do you move/rotate the camera at sex scenes I only manage 2 zoom in and out.
anyone help?

and the game is awesome! keep it up!

Strongwood

Nov 9, 2017
I had not played this game in a quite awhile. It is really good now. Really like the new female models, an I am sure they will continue to get better. Great sandbox.

One question: How does the camera work? I can seem to move it other than to zoom in and out. Am I able to rotate the camera?

x7xas4UprEta

Apr 21, 2018
I had not played this game in a quite awhile. It is really good now. Really like the new female models, an I am sure they will continue to get better. Great sandbox.

One question: How does the camera work? I can seem to move it other than to zoom in and out. Am I able to rotate the camera?
Rotate the camera by holding down the middle mouse button and moving mouse left and right. Move mouse up and down while holding middle mouse button down to pedestal the camera up and down.

ffk123

Aug 8, 2017
oh sorry, i didnt mean the old models were any good, i just assumed you were going for something better than the typical daz crap.

Dhaso

Mar 22, 2019
Soooooo.... How can we force ourselves on other people? XD
The option is greyed out and cant be clicked.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
@Vinfamy
You may want to consider having more donation options because, with the current amount of subscribers you have, 1$ isn't really going to give you any financial support and Patreon already takes a chunk off as a fee. Not to mention lack of money also means harder access to resources, assets and other goodies that will allow you to push the game to the next level (should you wish so). 1 - 5 - 10 would be fine... unless you're strapped for ideas on what you could offer each tier.

I have no idea how you're making 118$ a month when you only have 52 subscribers (and only a 1$ sub option) but if these numbers hold true then you'd need about 750 subscribers to reach the amount you set for full financial security and making this game your job (1,500$). LifePlay an interesting and unique game but also niche and kind of hidden. You're not going to reach those numbers anytime soon unless you allow for higher donations.

Reactions: AnonF21

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
What does that have to do with this game? The modding guides included with the game make it very clear which types of files are expected in a mod, and none of those types can add models or animations, or change an part of the way the game's engine actually functions. Obviously, I could be wrong. I only downloaded the game last night, and haven't been fiddling with it for long, but I have read the modding guides and I'm pretty sure I understood everything.
The modding guides I wrote are for simple mods that anyone can do with just a text editor and no previous experience.
If you're an advanced modder and wants to mod animations / models etc, download Unreal Engine and the game's source from Github - make your changes / additions to the game > build it > publish the changed / additional files in uasset formats

@IvoryOwl: $1 is the minimum, a lot of people donate more, up to $20 even - it's up to the patron to decide how much they can afford / the game is worth supporting for. The one-tier thing is partly for that reason and partly because I don't know what to offer to higher tiers The problem isn't that though. The game just isn't popular enough that's all. Adding tiers might increase my income, but I doubt that would be by much. I looked on Graphtreon and my average pledge per patron (it's nearly $2.5 per patron btw, the current amount is a bit deflated because of a few declined payments who always go through by mid-month) is actually about average. The game gets about 2000+ downloads per release (which I know is still a tiny % of the 'adult gamer' audience - back in their day, my Skyrim sex mods used to get 50-100k+ downloads easily). 50+ patrons/2000+ players = 2.5% . That's fair enough tbh, if anything that's actually quite high for a voluntary donation situation. So the aim is to get A LOT more people to play the game and that 2.5% of players donating $2.5 each might just be enough to support it. Now ... I'm clueless when it comes to marketing, so I just continue doing what I know: sit in front of my computer and focus on improving the game and hope that more people will try it / share it with others.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

Initially, I wanted to have a few non-graphical updates after the Daz conversion of the female models was done. However, while converting the ladies, I came to realize that it would be common sense to just go ahead and upgrade the male models too, so that:
- The women and men in game look consistent in quality
- I will continue supporting the old 'Legacy' models as an optional setting, but I can split the files for them and their clothes into an optional download - not forcing everyone to download hundreds of mb for an optional setting that's disabled by default
- I can start making new animations using the Daz rigs for both male and female characters, rather than continuing using the 'Legacy' male rig for new male animations then having to convert them in the future
- I can finally bring 2.0 out of beta and promote 2.0 as a stable release and encourage people who were initially put off by the game's graphics to give it another try.
So here's the plans. It's the same approach I took with the female conversion, just in 2 updates instead of 3 because I now know exactly what to do and there's less work involved with the male models anyway (no shemale, pregnancy, less gay animations than lesbian, etc)
- 2.0 Beta 4 (ETA 11 May): introduce the Daz male model + convert all existing sex animations for it. By the release of Beta 4, you can play the game normally, except all the guys will stay naked (like how the women were in Beta 2)
- 2.0 Stable (ETA 25 May): hairstyles and clothes for the new male model. A few UI improvements. Bug fixes.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
@Vinfamy, I was wondering how you planned to manage trans characters' animations. For the moment, they are missing a lot of the more unique animations (solo, washing, 3+ characters, forced), will they be added at the same time as the male animations?
Also, as I replaced male models with trans characters, I had a few problems with some scenes, trying to spawn males, then resetting the population prefs to 50% male, 50% females. I changed the scenes to accept trans instead, but wouldn't it be better to have two methods "Have male parts" and "Have female parts", rather than "IsMale" and "IsTrans"? (and "IsTrans" will cause problems if you want male characters with female parts)

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
read everything on the right side until you start comprehending english words.
Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? Well, your advice comes too late. I'm not going to pledge any time soon so the information on the right side was night useless for me, hence why I didn't bother reading it. However, as I glanced over, I saw a single (1$) option and thought it was too little for a game that wasn't even all that bad. Some authors are shy about their pricing and/or subscription models so I thought maybe a little "push" would be helpful.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
it's like literally said after reward list
How much you donate is entirely at your discretion, hence why I only have this one tier of $1 (the minimum allowed by Patreon). Before you complete your payment, there will be a 'Pledge Extra per month' box where you can enter any desired extra amount.
why do you write essay on something you have NO idea about and didnt even bother to do your homework ? that's what baffling.
also,you need to learn to READ.
read everything on the right side
never i said about lack of comprehending,i said read it and until you comprehend.
people who skip their homework tend to be slow,so they need time to read sentence like 10 times b4 they understand it.

xvi

Jun 3, 2018
Where are the save game files kept?

I am looking to reset the game completely, my maps have been randomly populated and had buildings modified by certain games and I'd like to revert to default. It's a little strange that modifying a building in a map on one save will affect other saves.

x7xas4UprEta

Apr 21, 2018
Where are the save game files kept?

I am looking to reset the game completely, my maps have been randomly populated and had buildings modified by certain games and I'd like to revert to default. It's a little strange that modifying a building in a map on one save will affect other saves.
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\LifePlay

Reactions: pspbro and xvi

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
it's like literally said after reward list

why do you write essay on something you have NO idea about and didnt even bother to do your homework ? that's what baffling.
also,you need to learn to READ.

never i said about lack of comprehending,i said read it and until you comprehend.
people who skip their homework tend to be slow,so they need time to read sentence like 10 times b4 they understand it.
Don't you think you're taking this a bit too far? I'd understand if you were on my case for spreading misinformation and crap-talking the author but all I did was post a harmless suggestion that I thought could improve their lives. Yes, I admit I didn't read the whole page because, as I explained before, I wasn't going to pledge so I didn't deem it necessary... but that is no reason for you to be this condescending and insulting over a rather insignificant mistake.

Now, let's not derail this thread even further, if you have anything else to add then take it to PMs or none at all.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

Bocket

Jul 30, 2018
So I can't open a tiny pop-up menu after I adopted a dog, so I neither can't go home or but wherever I click the right-click icon appears

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes