WhiteMouse

Nov 7, 2017
I updated my 64 bit version, got a fatal error. Then downloaded 32 bit and it worked. After that I put all the cities I had downloaded into the 32 bit version and got fatal errors for it as well.

Edit: I removed the cities and it still does not work. So it is not that.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
As I reported to @Vinfamy earlier in the official Discord server for this game, I also had fatal crash with the original release for 2.0 beta 3 but that seem to have stopped when I downloaded and installed from the new link after he re-compiled this.

I restarted the game and still no fatal crash. Someone else downloaded the same new one and still had a fatal crash.

This inconsistency is quite mystifying. Perhaps I'll give it a third run and see if it happens again. If it doesn't, then I guess we can blame it on the gremlins lol

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I'm working on fixing the fatal error on some people's systems. Hopefully, I'll be able to provide a hotfix link (as well as apply it to the full and update only downloads) later today.

gongo_g

Jan 24, 2019
Fatal Error, 64 Bit and 32 Bit version. Is there any workaround atm ?
First time trying this game out.

AMD r9 380 and latest drivers.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I had "fatal error" in my second play with 64bit version, I fixed the issue for myself, no more crashes, so it may work for you too. I'm an Nvidia user:

Go to "C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp" and delete all the content in temp folder. Some files may not be deleted, don't mind it, delete everything you can and try starting the game.

I'm guessing Nvidia (or AMD) shader cache or Unreal game cache in temp folder causing issues.

Reactions: Vinfamy

Epasda

Apr 30, 2017
This should fix the fatal error crash at startup. Could somebody who experiences this issue try it out on the 64-bit version of 2.0 beta 3 and confirm it's working before I publish it on the OP? Thank you so much!
I tried it out and it worked for me

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
LifePlay 2.0 Beta 3 HOTFIX Released!
- 32bit:
- 64bit:
This should fix the fatal error crash at startup some users experience when trying the game on release date (Friday)
I'm also reuploading the rest of the full and update only links to include this hotfix so that future downloaders won't have to apply this patch manually.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Are there plans for males to be converted to the DAZ3D in the upcoming updates next month?
Overall the new models are a huge improvement, the clothes fit way better on the new models than the old ones.
Yeah, the next two updates will convert the males too. I'll post the detailed plans in a few days.

Animations dont work for me. The characters staying in eachother, and dont do anything, and then the scene is end. Any idea?
First of all, make sure you downloaded the full file, not the Update Only which is only for those upgrading from a previous version of the game
If that's not why, what sort of sexual scenario does this happen? Just normal male-female sex?

This game is getting better and better. Are you planning on creating 3D interiors at one point? Gorgeous 3D models deserves to live in a 3D space, not in front of blurry images of various locations ^^ I'd imagine modders would get a lot more interested in the game if this happened too.
Not really a plan, but it's a thought I have always kept in my mind, but for now transitioning the game towards a proper 'full 3d' experience is , realistically speaking, beyond the scope of a part-time (at least for now until my Patreon grows) project by one person I'm afraid. Although if it's just a single interior like your bedroom (where most of the sex takes place anyway), it could be a reality sooner.

Mar 8, 2017
Are the male characters also gonna be getting an overhaul? I like the new look for the ladies, but the dudes resemble Minecraft Steve with simultaneously too few and too many pixels wearing a trash bag(when wearing a suit). I like the game, just curious about the possibility to make my dude not look like the Edgar suit from MIB.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Are the male characters also gonna be getting an overhaul? I like the new look for the ladies, but the dudes resemble Minecraft Steve with simultaneously too few and too many pixels wearing a trash bag(when wearing a suit). I like the game, just curious about the possibility to make my dude not look like the Edgar suit from MIB.
see my answer to devi above

Reactions: Miscellaneous NPC

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
Vinfamy

I found an issue which can be really annoying.
When changing any character's appearance ,there is no button to get back to the previously modified appearance of that character.
Only confirm option is available.Is it possible to add any button to back track or undo the current appearance ?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Vinfamy

I found an issue which can be really annoying.
When changing any character's appearance ,there is no button to get back to the previously modified appearance of that character.
Only confirm option is available.Is it possible to add any button to back track or undo the current appearance ?
should be easy enough to add in the next version

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

BlueSquare

Jul 30, 2017
This should fix the fatal error crash at startup. Could somebody who experiences this issue try it out on the 64-bit version of 2.0 beta 3 and confirm it's working before I publish it on the OP? Thank you so much!
The interesting thing in my end was, yesterday night (directly after the release) it worked perfectly. With just the update from beta 2 onto beta 3. The complete beta 3 pack didn't work. And today I got the fatal error as well on the updated version. Interesting.

But this fix works. Just wanted to say what happened at my end. :)

f951488

Aug 29, 2017
So my question is, when people will think of this game as "It's a great game" not as "This game have a lot of potential"? What needs to be done to achieve that?

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes