Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
im really disappointed you went with daz models. every game looks and feels the same these days because everyone just ops to pose the same shitty models over and over. was hoping this game was going to be different. the old models were pretty rough but i could accept them as placeholder while playing the game. the "new" models are such a huge let down. I dont understand how this community has such low standards. it makes me sad.
The old models are still in the game - I actually applied the new hair and skin shaders to them to make them look better. Esc > Customize NPC Distribution > set 'Legacy Model %' to 1

xvi

Jun 3, 2018

As planned, the next update will complete the switch into Daz3d for the female models:
- More hairstyles for the new female models
- Clothes for the new female models
- Expand the presets in Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets so that they work with the new female models too
- The Customize NPC Distribution percentages will now work with the new female models too
- Enable a number of length/ scale morphs in the character creation menu (for example, to make a short character etc)
- Bug fixes and other improvements
Estimated Release Date: 27 April
Are there also going to be preset races like before? Right now it is pretty hard to create a female character that doesn't look caucasian even with all of the sliders. I am guessing you did this before by creating presets and variations on them? So hopefully expanding the presets as you mentioned will bring races back.

The other issue with this right now is the complexion/skins being used that add freckles. While these are good and add a lot of finer detail to the skin, will there also be an option to have alternate skins? Even within Caucasian characters it would be good to have preset skins that do not have freckles or moles and others that have even more freckles or moles to either face or body or both.

Preset skin types would be an easy way to do this: by default when choosing a preset skin colour a different skin texture could be chosen by default to match. This could then be changed after the fact but would mean a quick way of making typical/normal looking characters. When choosing a custom colour this would not change. Or you could have a checkbox that when ticked links skin type to skin colour?

Speaking of presets. When the Daz models for the male characters arrive in future updates, will there also be simplified sliders for the penis/testicles? Right now with trans characters there are far too many sliders! It's fine to have these, but a length, girth and ball size like before that modifies multiple sliders at a time within one slider would be nice. Have the finer tune sliders below, but some simplified ones like before are all most people will want.

Reactions: Vinfamy

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Are there also going to be preset races like before? Right now it is pretty hard to create a female character that doesn't look caucasian even with all of the sliders. I am guessing you did this before by creating presets and variations on them? So hopefully expanding the presets as you mentioned will bring races back.
This is a problem with DAZ models. These models are created for the purpose of selling addons. Using the base, or even the basic morph extension addons (Morph++ or whatever it is called these days), it is extremely hard to capture racial differences. The old model actually have 3 different meshes for each race. For DAZ, this means using other custom morph addons. For Gen4 DAZ, there's V4 Elite Ethnic Faces morph addons to simulate racial differences. Dunno for Gen8.

@Vinfamy, could you list what morph addons incorporated with the current DAZ models?

The other issue with this right now is the complexion/skins being used that add freckles. While these are good and add a lot of finer detail to the skin, will there also be an option to have alternate skins? Even within Caucasian characters it would be good to have preset skins that do not have freckles or moles and others that have even more freckles or moles to either face or body or both.
Again, cos DAZ models are meant to be cash cows, that's another addon. Luckily, for skins one can look in ShareCG site.

A note for shaders though. Cos the game uses shaders which incorporate SSS, the SSS settings for each race is different. In fact, the SSS settings for each racial sub-groups are also different.

Check this render.
PV4KV NBM Etsuko Wall Chain.jpg
Believe it or not, it uses caucasian texture set. By tweaking the diffuse color and SSS settings, I think I managed to get it somewhat asian/mongoloid (think chinese/japanese). I got another DAZ shader preset which turns a latin american texture sets into asian/polynesian (think filipinos/hawaiian), and it doesn't even touch the diffuse color, just SSS. The sample render is lost somehow :cry:

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
@xvi: I'll add more skin options including no freckles in a future version. I'll look for a decent racial morphs pack then too. For now, the races can be determined mostly by the 'Face Presets': 'Shu' being Chinese etc
@n1ck: so far just these:

Morphs add performance cost so I have to be quite careful and picky really

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

Here's 10 new hairstyles for the new female models that will be introduced in v2.0 Beta 3 (to be released this weekend). Like the other three Daz hairstyles already in the game, each hairstyle has its own shape customization morphs (length/ position of bangs, sides, back etc) - the screenshot above only shows the default shape.
2Beta3x2.png

JJATH

May 2, 2017
How does non-consent content work for this game? I've tried triggering it but it won't seem to work. Is there a Slider somewhere to increase the events or am I just looking in the wrong places?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
@xvi: I'll add more skin options including no freckles in a future version. I'll look for a decent racial morphs pack then too. For now, the races can be determined mostly by the 'Face Presets': 'Shu' being Chinese etc
@n1ck: so far just these:

Morphs add performance cost so I have to be quite careful and picky really
Can some of the morphs combined prior to importing to UE? This can significantly reduce the number of morphs. It's a game after all, not a full blown character editor. You can take cue from HoneySelect on the type of morphs shipped with the game. If I'm not mistaken, HoneySelect only have less than 100 morphs.

How does non-consent content work for this game? I've tried triggering it but it won't seem to work. Is there a Slider somewhere to increase the events or am I just looking in the wrong places?
Non-consent relies on the "submissive/masochist" stat. Higher values means you're in the receiving end, lower means you're the perpetrator/initiator.

Some rape events also relies on "intelligence". The more intelligent characters can escape rape.

Reactions: JJATH

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
did you sort out the problem I showed you with the dogs
I added a few more potential fixes since last time - I never was able to replicate the problem (so far only you and another person reports this issue so it's probably a bug that is restricted to a specific graphic card) so I couldn't really test myself if it works.

JJATH

May 2, 2017
Non-consent relies on the "submissive/masochist" stat. Higher values means you're in the receiving end, lower means you're the perpetrator/initiator.

Some rape events also relies on "intelligence". The more intelligent characters can escape rape.
Thanks, Any known areas to trigger the scenes?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Thanks, Any known areas to trigger the scenes?
1st, make sure you have non-consensual mod is on ;)
then, the NTR mod can also give you some extras :cool:

Being not at home at night raises chances to be raped, esp if you're a girl. Sometimes your home can get broken into ;)

If wanting to be in the giving end, you can work for a crime boss.

If you're a dude, you can slip something to your date drink and have fun afterward in the bar/club. Or you may want to straight up rape her.

Reactions: JJATH

JJATH

May 2, 2017
1st, make sure you have non-consensual mod is on ;)
then, the NTR mod can also give you some extras :cool:

Being not at home at night raises chances to be raped, esp if you're a girl. Sometimes your home can get broken into ;)

If wanting to be in the giving end, you can work for a crime boss.

If you're a dude, you can slip something to your date drink and have fun afterwards in the bar/club. Or you may want to straight up rape her.
About the two stats, which one is to be raped and which one is to be the rapist? Submission is the minis(-100) stat and Masochist is(+100) right? Which one is which? Would be nice to know thanks for the help.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
About the two stats, which one is to be raped and which one is to be the rapist? Submission is the minis(-100) stat and Masochist is(+100) right? Which one is which? Would be nice to know thanks for the help.
-100: highly dominant and agressive, likely to be a rapist
100: highly submissive and masochist, likely to be a victim
Even without the required stats, you can simply just invite someone out via the contact menu (hotkey P), right click anywhere > Attempt rape - this will allow you to proactively trigger rape scenes. The stats only dictate how often the random rape-related events trigger.

Reactions: AnonF21 and JJATH

Lunar Fang

Jan 28, 2018
well can someone tell me how does Polyamorous mod works for some reason if i get more than one gf then i cant have sex with other one
also it change the old gf relationship with MC to acquaintance in contact menu.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Vinfamy, don't know if it's a bug or specific to my system but some face morphs reset after choosing "confirm" and reselecting the character, tried to save the modified character as a preset, but no help.

Here's an example which I only modified eyebrows:

View attachment 283145 View attachment 283146
this has now been fixed for beta 3. Thanks for the bug report. Turns out to be quite a major bug that's easy to miss - all the morphs that have more the one space in their names weren't saved properly, they will now be.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
well can someone tell me how does Polyamorous mod works for some reason if i get more than one gf then i cant have sex with other one
also it change the old gf relationship with MC to acquaintance in contact menu.
You need to be in open relationship with your BF/GF. Prior to this, making someone your B/GF while you already have a B/GF will make the old B/GF an acquaintance.

Open relationship can be initiated while you're dating your B/GF and have their attraction to you more than 30 and also high perversion (50+).

clementchoy

Aug 11, 2017
Downloaded the full 2.0b3 64bit full and reintalled the map , got an fatal error with my Nvidia GTX 1060 , looks like something to do with Nvidia aftermath, do you have the issues with that?
i've been following with all the version , till 2.0b1 , skipped b2 and only can't run b3.
Edited : suspected with aftermath cause i checked the UE log

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Downloaded the full 2.0b3 64bit full and reintalled the map , got an fatal error with my Nvidia GTX 1060 , looks like something to do with Nvidia aftermath, do you have the issues with that?
i've been following with all the version , till 2.0b1 , skipped b2 and only can't run b3.
Edited : suspected with aftermath cause i checked the UE log
try overwriting your beta 3 folder with this:
I just recompiled the 64 bit version and reuploaded it as it seems 1 in 5 persons who tried the 'early bird' version uploaded earlier today had some problems. I already updated my original post above with the new links

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes