n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Anyone has a good map to recommend? I've been playing London for a while and wanted to change, I've been trying Paris, but don't really like it
Dunno what you mean with "good map". I'm playing Nice and Bern, as they are small enough to randomize 100% of unknown building in acceptable amount of time. Doing that with a larger map, like Berlin, will take forever. I force close the game after 15 minutes.

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Dunno what you mean with "good map". I'm playing Nice and Bern, as they are small enough to randomize 100% of unknown building in acceptable amount of time. Doing that with a larger map, like Berlin, will take forever. I force close the game after 15 minutes.
Thanks for the tip, I might try that if I don't find a map to play.
But I'm the kind of person who likes a coherent game, even in games like this one (I know, I'm strange), so I don't really like randomizing the maps, and I was searching for a map with a good repartition of the different kinds of building in the base maps while keeping the realistic distribution of real world cities. The non randomized maps do that quite well, but having to walk one hour between the different places I try to visit uses a lot of time.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Thanks for the tip, I might try that if I don't find a map to play.
But I'm the kind of person who likes a coherent game, even in games like this one (I know, I'm strange), so I don't really like randomizing the maps, and I was searching for a map with a good repartition of the different kinds of building in the base maps while keeping the realistic distribution of real world cities..
The maps are based on Open Street Map, IINM. So info about the buildings are spotchy. This is why the random function exists, to fill in the blanks. If you are into the realistic distribution, you might want to check which cities with more complete info in Open Street, then see if there's a map available in the game for that city.

I too interested in realistic distribution in cities, however the info for an algorithm to create one is scarce. Most info are for creating a modern cities with buildings, and that goes as far back as 2001 with convoluted L-System. I've searched but currently come up with nothing about the distribution of function inside the cities, i.e. which are the commercial zones, residentials, police protection, etc. I remember coming across such some 15-20yrs ago about distribution of shops in medieval city, the kind of shops needed to support a city, and where they are usually situated within the city. Tried to search it again cos of my HDD crashed, but haven't came across it again since.

The non randomized maps do that quite well, but having to walk one hour between the different places I try to visit uses a lot of time.
Try buying a car. It'll save you time.

An idea for @Vinfamy :
Maybe sometime in the future bus and train lines are incorporated in the maps. Then, while pathfinding between start and destinations, those lines are incorporated and plan the best way to get there. The user then informed of the cost of the travel and can choose between different mode of travel.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
@Vinfamy I played the game a bit and I think the premise is quite... interesting. I also think it has potential, particularly with the mod supports in place. This can significantly enhances the replay value, especially if modding difficulty is similar to any of the Paradox grand strategy games (I personally modded Europa Universalis IV so believe me when I say I know what I am talking about :p). I took some quick looks at the module files and it look relatively easy and simple but I would need to look more thoroughly to make sense of them, as well reading the documentation.

My biggest concern right now is lack of clothing for females, which I understand was a result of the conversion to DAZ models. Can we expect to see this to be rectified in the next update or will that come much later?

My two particular fetishes is pubic hair and incest, both of which are supported in this game so kudos on that one! I would like to see more hair styles, however. I would like to see ponytails, especially a variant that goes over the shoulder. The sister in Tangled Up is a good example of what I mean by that.

I concur with a suggestion by @n1ck regarding the mass transit. Many of the maps contained large cities so they are more likely to have such systems. In the case of NYC, more residents in fact use the mass transit than those who drive their own cars, which is an unusual exception to the general rule in other U.S. cities where the opposite is true. You may also want to consider a parameter for mass transit systems defining when they are open and closed. NYC and few American cities have a 24-hours mass transit system, especially for the subway.

I also suggest outdoor locations such as parks and beaches. There is nothing more thrilling than having a public sex, playing dangerous there. ;) But parks and beaches can also be an intimate spot as well, if relatively secluded. One other interesting possibility is having a yacht if you are wealthy enough to afford it.

I tried out a few maps but the Los Angeles map was particularly disappointing in that it was missing the highly affluent area to the north and west of the downtown Los Angeles. These areas can contain quite large mansions. In fact, I believe there are numerous instances of so-called "supermansions" in that area. Would be nice to live large there. ;)

One critique I do have about interface, and which is a particular pet peeve of mine, and an issue I see in other games as well is that drop-down menu is long-scrolling which can be tedious over the long run. I suggest organizing the menu into a tabbed interface in which tabs can be collapsed or expanded. However, that would require assigning each action a category so this would entails some additional work. Nevertheless, I believe this is an issue that needs to be addressed in near future.

One question I do have is about long-term future. Can we expect to see some sort of 3D representations for interiors for the homes to show the characters among the home? I can see that it might tax the computer more than it already do so this is probably unlikely to happen in near future. But, long-term, I wonder if that might be doable as an optional setting to toggle on/off.

Finally, do you have a road map for Life Play? I would be interested to see what's planned for short-term and long-term if possible. One useful thing about that is to reduce possibility for duplication suggestions of a particular features if such a road map is publicly accessible.

All in all, I think this game has a lots of potential and I will be keeping eyes on this development. Good luck and thank you for this game!

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I'm not big on this style of graphics, but the idea of the game sounds really interesting.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
@VinfamyI concur with a suggestion by @n1ck regarding the mass transit. Many of the maps contained large cities so they are more likely to have such systems. In the case of NYC, more residents in fact use the mass transit than those who drive their own cars, which is an unusual exception to the general rule in other U.S. cities where the opposite is true. You may also want to consider a parameter for mass transit systems defining when they are open and closed. NYC and few American cities have a 24-hours mass transit system, especially for the subway.
I think it'll be quite sometime until it's implemented, cos there's additional info to be added to the maps to accurately simulate them. I once wrote a paper analyzing A-Star algorithm for optimal pathfinding, which AFAIK still the best balance between realism and performance for games, so I know a thing or two about the kind of information needed for the maps. This leads me to another suggestion below.

I also suggest outdoor locations such as parks and beaches. There is nothing more thrilling than having a public sex, playing dangerous there. ;) But parks and beaches can also be an intimate spot as well, if relatively secluded. One other interesting possibility is having a yacht if you are wealthy enough to afford it.
I 2nd this suggestion. Also, simulated mass transits opens up new events possibilities while travelling.

I tried out a few maps but the Los Angeles map was particularly disappointing in that it was missing the highly affluent area to the north and west of the downtown Los Angeles. These areas can contain quite large mansions. In fact, I believe there are numerous instances of so-called "supermansions" in that area. Would be nice to live large there. ;)
I know there's so much good suggestions for the game, but a guy can only do so much alone. This is why I suggest @Vinfamy releasing the tools for editing the map, so anyone/everyone in the community can pitch in, much like how Waze works. Anyone who have familiarity to a given map can then fill in the unknown buildings, rectify some polygon artifacts found in a couple of maps, or maybe add a new city map. Parks, playgrounds, tourist areas can also be added.

For mass transit support, though the engine doesn't support it yet, the community can start to add info about which are the main roads, alternative roads, train/subway lines, bus lines, transit areas, congestion points and hours, etc.

One small problem I found in LP maps is that it assigns buildings only to a single function. In RL there are buildings which rents out to several businesses. Example, a mall can contain multiple stores, gym, food areas, etc. Implementing this can be a nightmare, so until there are clear plan to tackle this issue, I suggest creating a guideline on which business/function to assign to a building if in RL that particular building houses multiple functions/businesses.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

As planned, the next update will complete the switch into Daz3d for the female models:
- More hairstyles for the new female models
- Clothes for the new female models
- Expand the presets in Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets so that they work with the new female models too
- The Customize NPC Distribution percentages will now work with the new female models too
- Enable a number of length/ scale morphs in the character creation menu (for example, to make a short character etc)
- Bug fixes and other improvements
Estimated Release Date: 27 April

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
I think it'll be quite sometime until it's implemented, cos there's additional info to be added to the maps to accurately simulate them. I once wrote a paper analyzing A-Star algorithm for optimal pathfinding, which AFAIK still the best balance between realism and performance for games, so I know a thing or two about the kind of information needed for the maps. This leads me to another suggestion below.
I agree that there need to be a balance between realism and performance. Realism is meaningless if performance goes shit. :poop::p All of my suggestions was made with that in mind, knowing full well that not all of what we suggested will be doable in near future or even at all. Now, if we had quantum computers in home, we probably could have a ultra-realistic sim here but that is not going to happen anytime soon. ;)

I 2nd this suggestion. Also, simulated mass transits opens up new events possibilities while travelling.
Oh, yeah, I completely forgot about that possibility with mass transit. IIRC, one of the games, I think called Man of the House, had random events that can trigger when taking a trip by the road and they differs based on mode of transportation (bus, taxi, walking, etc.). Good catch on that one!

I know there's so much good suggestions for the game, but a guy can only do so much alone. This is why I suggest @Vinfamy releasing the tools for editing the map, so anyone/everyone in the community can pitch in, much like how Waze works. Anyone who have familiarity to a given map can then fill in the unknown buildings, rectify some polygon artifacts found in a couple of maps, or maybe add a new city map. Parks, playgrounds, tourist areas can also be added.
Again, I agree that Vinfamy can only do so much and we will have to learn to be patient. This is why I felt the modding support will help enhance the game experience in significant ways. Returning to the Paradox game examples, Paradox is known from time to time to have incorporated features from popular mods into their own games. What that tells me is that modding can sometimes create some entirely new and unforeseen mechanics if the modder strikes a gold, so to speak. In a way, modders can be assistant developers, albeit informally and unofficially. :p

For mass transit support, though the engine doesn't support it yet, the community can start to add info about which are the main roads, alternative roads, train/subway lines, bus lines, transit areas, congestion points and hours, etc.
Yes, that is something that the community could fill in for, saving Vinfamy tons of work so he can concentrate on more important things like mechanics and such. The addition to specific mechanics with the data (e.g. schedules for mass transit as you said) could be delegated to the community.

What might be interesting is a way to establish a real-time collaboration among the players to build up these data, where the data for specific routes on specific maps are automatically updated in real-time for players somehow. This might or might not work. Obviously, lots of thinking is needed about how this will work. Couple issues I can think of immediately about real-time data updates is two-fold: the constant need for internet connection and possible editing conflicts. Still, something worth discussing and brainstorming through.

One small problem I found in LP maps is that it assigns buildings only to a single function. In RL there are buildings which rents out to several businesses. Example, a mall can contain multiple stores, gym, food areas, etc. Implementing this can be a nightmare, so until there are clear plan to tackle this issue, I suggest creating a guideline on which business/function to assign to a building if in RL that particular building houses multiple functions/businesses.
That is a very good point, I actually forgot about the shopping malls and other places that rents out to businesses. I do not know if it is currently possible to attach more than one markers to a building or not. And imagine a long-ass scrolling menu. How horrible!

I wonder if we could consider using the pie model from The Sims used for actions there and apply it to any places with multiple businesses? Heck, it could be used for all actions menu, too. At least that is something to consider for the future.

At any rate, I want @Vinfamy to know that he should take his time to work through this and not feel pressures. All of my suggestions are just that, suggestions that may or may not be feasible now or ever. After all, we don't want things to be rushed, right? :p

arelor

Oct 6, 2017
can someone explain me what to do and how to play this game? what stat do what etc.? is there wiki for this game?

Kuebeleimer

Dec 31, 2018
sry i dont know where to ask: when will kids be born? my "girls" are allready 15 month pregnant- i think

thx for help

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
can someone explain me what to do and how to play this game? what stat do what etc.? is there wiki for this game?
1st thing to do is find a place to stay. You can "arrange viewing" at buildings with home icons. Then find work and/or enroll in univ. All things flows from that point on.

The stats should be self-explanatory, but the "submissive/masochist" stat can be confusing. It's a stat which measures how submissive you are. The larger the value, the more submissive you are. Conversely, the smaller it is, the less submissive you are, i.e. dominant. At -100 in this stat, the character will be a demanding character, and most likely resort to violence when challenged.

The "Rapport" and "Attraction" stat can also be confusing. Rapport measures how an NPC rates you as a friend. Attraction OTOH rates you as potential romantic/sexual partner.

sry i dont know where to ask: when will kids be born? my "girls" are allready 15 month pregnant- i think

thx for help
15 months? Are you sure? That isn't right. For me childbirth is at most 280 days from inception, that is 9 months 10 days.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
I think a wiki would be nice to have and there is nothing to prevent anyone from starting an unofficial wiki. Such wikis is known to have existed for several games. Most common wiki hosting sites are Gamepedia and Fandom (better known by its former name, Wikia). In fact, I think these wiki hosting sites are free to use. Advertising is the downside of these free wiki hosting providers but it is pretty much a necessary evil if they are to offer hosting that requires buying and maintaining the servers, unfortunately.

I have experiences with wiki-editing and was a former wiki administrator over at the GTA wiki (I am no longer active there) so I would be happy to provide some assistance with editing the wikis. My specialty is in categorizing the pages as I am particularly nuts about organizing things.

The main thing is that @Vinfamy may not have time to adminstrate the wiki so, as with things modded for the game being a way to delegate to the community of creating the content while he focuses on the mechanics, an unofficial wiki would be a best way to go about documenting things for all people to see.

The real question is... who is going to start a wiki? :p

1st thing to do is find a place to stay. You can "arrange viewing" at buildings with home icons. Then find work and/or enroll in univ. All things flows from that point on.

The stats should be self-explanatory, but the "submissive/masochist" stat can be confusing. It's a stat which measures how submissive you are. The larger the value, the more submissive you are. Conversely, the smaller it is, the less submissive you are, i.e. dominant. At -100 in this stat, the character will be a demanding character, and most likely resort to violence when challenged.

The "Rapport" and "Attraction" stat can also be confusing. Rapport measures how an NPC rates you as a friend. Attraction OTOH rates you as potential romantic/sexual partner.
Good to know about these stats that were not very self-explanatory. Thank you for these clarifications. I really appreciate that.

Reactions: Vinfamy and arelor

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
Bald does not work as hair always return. And I was wondering about people uploading models here... good idea?

Kuebeleimer

Dec 31, 2018

15 months? Are you sure? That isn't right. For me childbirth is at most 280 days from inception, that is 9 months 10 days.

yes- i m now in the 2. year may

arelor

Oct 6, 2017

Thank you for you kind answer, the thing is I don't really see buildings with icons. I played this game before this graphics changes and it was also complicated back then but I remember I got a work but after that I was totally stuck :D.

I'll check this again, I was kinda frightened because it seems complicated and detailed, since I want to be a harem master (I don't know if it is possible) I wanted good stats but not godlike stats and I don't really know what is the normal range about stats.
I don't have much time to play this complicated game (I assume it would take pretty much time) since I am working, I was hoping to find a guide after all this time with this game and yet again since this is a free game I can not demand a guide (it would be really good to have one tho) but this place is a community and hey maybe some bold hearted soul would do the job.

I think a wiki would be nice to have and there is nothing to prevent anyone from starting an unofficial wiki. Such wikis is known to have existed for several games. Most common wiki hosting sites are Gamepedia and Fandom (better known by its former name, Wikia). In fact, I think these wiki hosting sites are free to use. Advertising is the downside of these free wiki hosting providers but it is pretty much a necessary evil if they are to offer hosting that requires buying and maintaining the servers, unfortunately.

I have experiences with wiki-editing and was a former wiki administrator over at the GTA wiki (I am no longer active there) so I would be happy to provide some assistance with editing the wikis. My specialty is in categorizing the pages as I am particularly nuts about organizing things.

The main thing is that @Vinfamy may not have time to adminstrate the wiki so, as with things modded for the game being a way to delegate to the community of creating the content while he focuses on the mechanics, an unofficial wiki would be a best way to go about documenting things for all people to see.

The real question is... who is going to start a wiki? :p

Good to know about these stats that were not very self-explanatory. Thank you for these clarifications. I really appreciate that.
Oh yes, this wiki must be hard to arrange but also very helpful thing. I don't really know how what would be needed but I think it should be hard huh?

I couldn't get myself get into something like that since I am lazy AF and sometimes I am just too lazy to have a meal, I am kinda jealous about you guys not being lazy.

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I'll check this again, I was kinda frightened because it seems complicated and detailed, since I want to be a harem master (I don't know if it is possible) I wanted good stats but not godlike stats and I don't really know what is the normal range about stats.
Harem? no problemo. Better yet, this is the only game I know which permits unlimited harem member. In my play through, I got 500+ NPC, all of whom can be turned into a member of my harem :p

The stat range are either 0-100, or -100 to 100. You can test the range in the stat editor menu, just click on a stat and drag it up or down to get the max or min value.

Reactions: arelor

arelor

Oct 6, 2017
Harem? no problemo. Better yet, this is the only game I know which permits unlimited harem member. In my play through, I got 500+ NPC, all of whom can be turned into a member of my harem :p

The stat range are either 0-100, or -100 to 100. You can test the range in the stat editor menu, just click on a stat and drag it up or down to get the max or min value.
Thank you for your answer, I am just not sure what is optimal for a normal play trough that's all.

ffk123

Aug 8, 2017
im really disappointed you went with daz models. every game looks and feels the same these days because everyone just ops to pose the same shitty models over and over. was hoping this game was going to be different. the old models were pretty rough but i could accept them as placeholder while playing the game. the "new" models are such a huge let down. I dont understand how this community has such low standards. it makes me sad.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
im really disappointed you went with daz models. every game looks and feels the same these days because everyone just ops to pose the same shitty models over and over. was hoping this game was going to be different. the old models were pretty rough but i could accept them as placeholder while playing the game. the "new" models are such a huge let down. I dont understand how this community has such low standards. it makes me sad.
The dev is a single person who makes clear times and again that he's not an artist, but a programmer. Many have criticize about the model, but none that I know of has take up the task to create the models. Understandable, cos it's a huge undertaking, considering that even what you called "placeholder" has 450+ morphs, not including the clothes. IDK for sure, but the dev may also be under pressure from patreon backers to address the model "issue". Going DAZ is very logical given this background.

I'm in somewhat similar opinion with you about the model change. Personally, IMO the model change is unnecessary as I'm quite happy with the old model. Unlike you where you think the old model as placeholder to be replaced sometime in the future, I think the old model just need a little polish. But again, I'm no artist, so I may be wrong.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes