Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
You can still cheat and edit whatever you want, I haven't disabled cheats, and the game is still open source - everything editable with text editors. I'm taking about three particular scene options which I added the word (Cheat) at the end in three particular scenes that you clearly haven't come across. And all I did was add a karma deduction to these options (one single line of code), which you can just edit the text files and get rid.
Again,
" If karma isn't for you,just change both min and max to 50 in karma.lpstat." it's a one-second job

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Again,
" If karma isn't for you,just change both min and max to 50 in karma.lpstat." it's a one-second job
There was no need to repeat it :) You'd posted beta version obviously both for bug-testing and feedback - I provided my feedback. As I have no more logical arguments I would no longer continue this theme. That all :)

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
There was no need to repeat it :) You'd posted beta version obviously both for bug-testing and feedback - I provided my feedback. As I have no more logical arguments I would no longer continue this theme. That all :)
To be honest, I prefer feedback from people who have actually tried the update ... rather than those theorizing and making conclusions from reading a change log.
Also, I don't consider saying shit like "completely crazy one and more like mockery" & "Then you're ruining your game" as feedback, especially not the latter since you clearly didn't even know what cheat options I was referring to. Nice try with the 'I don't mean any offence but I'm gonna say something really offensive anyway."
Anyway, I added a gameplay feature that can both be disabled partially (via perk) or completely (by editing karma.lpstat). If you don't like it, disable it. Others may like it and keep it enabled. Check the past posts in this thread: about 2 months ago, there was a much bigger discussion than this with people complaining about the game being too sandboxy, too repetitive and needing more gameplay, story and objectives (I was focusing on graphic stuffs at the time). So here I am, working on gameplay, story (quests in the next version) and objectives, and lo and behold, some people complain about a gameplay feature (which again, can be turned off easily) they haven't even tried ruining their sandbox experience in theory. I cannot win apparently.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You are a wonder, vin! Your game is a staple of stable simple game design with heart of gold and wits of steel! You can try any other unity picture slide shows and unreal tech demos that struggle to keep it together. Your game is holding on beautifully, you add on it every time. I confess I consider it a wonder of design and coding ... just that it looks like the most advanced GPS Lunar Module Command center ever and I cannot get the hang of it in the efforts I tried in the past.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Got to say I know I can be a critic, but due too the nature of the game, you dont have to be a coder to edit it. Dont like a feature? just remove it! I personaly dont like all the talkling in the sex scenes, so I just remove the files, dont like death options? Delete the files or better yet make a folder add dummy files then they wont return after updates. The game is so easy to remove or change content it's amazing.

D

Deleted member 237

1) What is the formula for starting npc attraction to player? Even with a 100 attractiveness PC, it just feels too random.

2) Is there any function for value of furniture and appliances or it is placeholder for future stuff?

3) In corruption/co_vi_publicsex, there is a line 4 "WHO: Actor = getCompanion(); If !Actor.isRelative() && Actor.isInterestedIn(Player) && Actor:perversion > 70 & [Actor:attractiontoplayer > 10 || Actor:incest > 30]". Is there a difference between && and & or it is just a typo?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
1) What is the formula for starting npc attraction to player? Even with a 100 attractiveness PC, it just feels too random.

2) Is there any function for value of furniture and appliances or it is placeholder for future stuff?

3) In corruption/co_vi_publicsex, there is a line 4 "WHO: Actor = getCompanion(); If !Actor.isRelative() && Actor.isInterestedIn(Player) && Actor:perversion > 70 & [Actor:attractiontoplayer > 10 || Actor:incest > 30]". Is there a difference between && and & or it is just a typo?
That's a typo, will fix it
2/ you recover more energy while sleeping at home the higher your furniture value
1/ it's based on attractiveness and one randomly out of interpersonal, intelligence and fitness (some girls like smart / social / fit guys)

D

Deleted member 237

Does a polyamorous module remove karma loss from cheating if open relationship is agreed? I just skimmed over marriage_proposal and breakup_cheating and haven't seen anything related to it.

Reactions: Vinfamy

Moist Goddess

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Vin, I have been steady playing the game still and loving every moment of it. I wanted to ask a question and I'm wondering if this could ever be included in the future of the game. I see that you can do criminal activities such as robbing and selling of drugs. I was wondering would you ever impliment the usage of drugs and addiction?

I was thinkin about how your going to place in a form of karma with then next update and I think that is fantastic. I was wondering in the future would you ever look into addiction of substances? Be it alcohol, illegal drugs, perscription medication, and then have those substances effect your stats and karma in the game. For example if you don't use drugs for a certain period certain stats of yours would deminish or at least be at a negative level.

I was also thinking about criminal actions and crimonality in the game. Would there ever be gangs or criminal organizations you could join? Would Lifeplay ever get a form of gang affiliation in it?

I've been on a binge recently watching the show The Wire and I've been thinking all week about drug usage, gangs, prostitution and bunch of other criminal deeds advanced or placed in Lifeplay.

One last thing I just wanted to compliment you on your work, you do such an awesome job at this game. Keep it up, I'm loving each and every update!

Reactions: Vinfamy

h10

Oct 3, 2017
Then you're ruining your game. Look on any good sandbox game - most of them have some kind of devtools or cheats. Because sometimes player want to build something REALLY crazy and cheats are needed.
Stats can be changed in the menu, npc can be created/deleted/edited with a few clic, the game is moddable... What more do you need?
The cheats Vin is removing were placeholder (there were no other choices, a big non-immersive[CHEAT]... It was clearly not part of the gameplay), and now he's replacing it with a feature.

And a cheat mod is easy to do! What would you need in it?
(... it's a serious question, i could eventually make one if i know what to do ^^)

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Does a polyamorous module remove karma loss from cheating if open relationship is agreed? I just skimmed over marriage_proposal and breakup_cheating and haven't seen anything related to it.
Yes, no karma loss if open relationship is involved or it's a scene where your girlfriend asks you to do it.

Moist Goddess Thank you. Yeah, I will add drug usage at some point in the future - not sure if it would be super realistic though (first because I don't have any experience with drug apart from weed, secondly because it might hit a bit closer to home for some people), sort of like how STD in this game is included but really vague and non-realistic. With quests implemented in the next version, I will expand on crime stories in the future, organized crime is clearly more suited to a quest system.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

DOWNLOAD
Windows
(64-bit): - -
Windows (32-bit): - -
Linux:

Update Only:
(requires LifePlay 2.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit): - -
Windows (32-bit): - -
Linux:

Change Log:
1/ New Karma system:
- many actions and decisions you take will now increase (help a colleague, stop domestic violence, etc) or decrease (cheating, murder, etc) Karma
- The higher your current Karma, the harder it is to continue increasing it (diminishing returns from the same act of kindness) but the easier it is for Karma to drop, and vice versa. This prevents you from maximizing Karma easily, but also prevents Karma from staying at rock bottom.
- Karma works by affecting most RNG (random number generator) calculations in scenes. High Karma skews the RNG in your favour, and vice versa. For example: if your chance of getting laid depends on "If Random(0, 100) < HotChick:attractiontoplayer" , max Karma would turn it into Random(0, 50) and minimum Karma would turn it into Random(0, 150). There's a perk to remove negative impact of Karma.
- The cheat options to 'undo' your Death, Imprisonment or STD will now, more immersively, consume a huge amount of Karma instead (as in: you already cheated Death, so it's only fair that you suffer a string of bad luck afterwards).
2/ New Achievements system: first 36 Achievements
- Tracks optional 'objectives' for the player to aim for, depending on play style and how you roleplay. Examples include having anal sex with n number of partners, become a millionaire, or keep mood above 90 for 30 consecutive days
- Rewards the player with permanent stat boosts which would have been very difficult to achieve in normal gameplay, plus perks points that can be used to unlock new perks
3/ New Perks system: first 13 perk trees
- These are powerful benefits to gameplay that can be unlocked by spending perk points earned from Achievements.
- Some are perk trees with multiple levels, some are unique single perks
- Examples include: minimum attraction level for all new NPCs you meet, earn monthly % interest on your wealth, your date responds well to all activities you take her out on (instead of moaning about half of them)
- Also includes a perk tree that softens (then eliminates at lvl 5) the impact of negative Karma - a good investment for those who want to play an evil character but don't want all the bad luck
4/ New menu that shows the available actions at the player's current location, meant to save you some repetitive clicking and scrolling. Also, double-clicking on a building will now make the player character go there.
5/ Fix some mistakes and inconsistencies in scene conditions. Special thanks to Lostlegends (who have also published a few mods for the game btw) for compiling the list for these.
6/ Other bug fixes and minor improvements, with a public beta testing period

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Why does the screen not clear itself? There are menu's on top of menu's and they will not disappear.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Question for anyone who has an earthly idea how to mod this.

Is it possible to mod the generic contacts menu with the ability to ask someone to have sex without inviting them out first ?

Megumin.

Donor
Jan 12, 2018
Is there a mod that can change the character creation to be less restraining? I can't even see my hair during character creation because of the background blending in. Can't move the camera up and down to actually see my genitalia...

Mack Truck

Jul 22, 2017
Vinfamy

great game first off.
Any way that the shemales could get more positions? Any reason they aren't treated like males and females? They seem to have the least options and only being treated as females most of the time.

On the relative note. Why when you get married does your wife not live with you? If you begin a relationship with a relative that lives with you they move out??

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes