Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I have the 2.09 version
I just need to extract the update in the old game folder ?
I need to copy the save before and just take it in the new folder
extracting the update in the old game folder would be easiest

xvi

Jun 3, 2018
I just need to extract the update in the old game folder ?
I need to copy the save before and just take it in the new folder
Extract the contents of the zip file into your current game folder. Overwrite any files when prompted.

No need to backup or move saves or custom characters etc.

It is then a good idea to rename the game folder to reflect the current version (ie "LifePlay_2_10_64bit") so that you can quickly see what version you have for future reference.

Reactions: JackBeNimble

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Is it possible to have it so a lesbian could "turn out" a straight woman? One of my fetishes which would greatly enhance the current lesbian game I'm running.
. . . and while on the topic of lesbians :) is it possible to add strapons? Seems like most of the same animations for hetero wold work for a female/female with strapon.

czertik

Apr 25, 2018
Since I suggested there be a way to loose the BF/GF of the person you're courting without using the cheaty "delete char" function, and it seems that if you don't lock up the person of your heart (or pants) in a relationship they'd end up with a possibly unshakable dating barnacle attached to them (realistic, but still annoying...), I assembled something that should trigger random breakups for people in your contact list.

You can drop it in \LifePlay\Content\Modules\, and activate the mod in the settings.

I take only the smallest of credit since I'm no coder and have looked at other scenes both for inspiration/plagiarism and consistency.

It seems to fire alright when I tested it (and was kinda funny having all those breakups pile on in the span of a game-minute)

Edit : Added a modified version of colleague breaking up that actually deletes the relationship.
Edit2: Added two social media events when taking pics out with a NPC that has a significant other. One is more of a tease, the other is naughty/nasty and can definitly lead to break ups.
Edit3: Changed the social media events not to require "take a photo" action, as not to be too hard to trigger. (You can always say no, have some self control!) => v4
Edit4: Not really about break ups, but added a specific event to get a neighbour contact, and a naughty variation of a friend coming to watch a movie. =>v5
any chance for this to be oficialy merged to game ?

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
I hope yall wont mind if I ask but has anyone tried to play this on an sbc like rasp pi 4? I'm on a metered internet so I'm quite reluctant on downloading games this big.

sexybastardo

Modder
Jul 15, 2017
Vinfamy
I have a problem with my latest savegames. At some point it took ages to load, now they don't load at all.
When I load a save the game is stuck at 1.4 GB of RAM and CPU is at 100%. It doesn't use more than 1.5 GB at all times, despite the fact I have 16 GB in my pc. Also a good graphics card with 8 GB.

Any idea what the problem could be?

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
Why only one strip club? I did a search for London strip clubs irl and found one that should be a few blocks from my character's house. Unfortunately I can't even edit the building to create one:
2019-10-22 06_13_48-LifePlay.png

I cancelled the search quest because after the 8th stakeout I assumed it was buggy or incomplete. When I restarted it, all the characters duplicated when reintroduced. After finishing, two characters who should have married didn't form the relationship for me to destroy.

Another bug: After starting the Sabotage quest with my stepsister, she appears in the introduction, but vanishes from all the missions. I can't interact with her normally outside the missions, but her name and image are blank during the missions, and all interactions seem to disregard her stats.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
ok tanks a lot

For the missing quest ! I'm block on the spy stage - (making a spoiler alert ^^)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not a time requirement. You just have to spy 10 times.
Vinfamy
I have a problem with my latest savegames. At some point it took ages to load, now they don't load at all.
When I load a save the game is stuck at 1.4 GB of RAM and CPU is at 100%. It doesn't use more than 1.5 GB at all times, despite the fact I have 16 GB in my pc. Also a good graphics card with 8 GB.

Any idea what the problem could be?
save games usually take like one second to load. If something's taking that much resource, it's almost certainly the map.
Try start a new game, select the city same as your save game, then load your save
Why only one strip club? I did a search for London strip clubs irl and found one that should be a few blocks from my character's house. Unfortunately I can't even edit the building to create one:
View attachment 437349

I cancelled the search quest because after the 8th stakeout I assumed it was buggy or incomplete. When I restarted it, all the characters duplicated when reintroduced. After finishing, two characters who should have married didn't form the relationship for me to destroy.

Another bug: After starting the Sabotage quest with my stepsister, she appears in the introduction, but vanishes from all the missions. I can't interact with her normally outside the missions, but her name and image are blank during the missions, and all interactions seem to disregard her stats.
stripclubs are not in the default map at all as Openstreetmap is a SFW source. You have to use the Randomize Unknown Buildings (Esc > Select City) function to add stuffs like stripclubs and brothels to the game
I haven't received any other report about the quests being buggy or imcomplete, while receiving quite a few confirming them working. Not sure why, maybe try Run the game as Admin?

dbp5ca i will add strapon some time in the 2.1x versions, the MF animations won't work with it, but the shemale on female ones will

Last edited:

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
Though I couldn't have he pleasure of breaking up Denise' marriage, I married her as planned, and moved in with her to a different house than the one she had during the quest. Dani didn't becomem my stepdaughter, and Denise' randomly generated sister didn't become my sister-in-law. But even more oddly, my gf at the time also became my wife, and also moved in with us.

sexybastardo

Modder
Jul 15, 2017
Vinfamy
save games usually take like one second to load. If something's taking that much resource, it's almost certainly the map.
Try start a new game, select the city same as your save game, then load your save
Tried with the same result, but this time it takes 1.6 GB RAM. I gave up after 10 min of loading. (I used the Berlin map in this save btw)

Aug 8, 2017
Though I couldn't have he pleasure of breaking up Denise' marriage, I married her as planned, and moved in with her to a different house than the one she had during the quest. Dani didn't becomem my stepdaughter, and Denise' randomly generated sister didn't become my sister-in-law. But even more oddly, my gf at the time also became my wife, and also moved in with us.
The game is currently very optimized for the PC being limited to one partner at a time, and as a result doesn't track relationship state for each partner individually. The polyamory module doesn't change any of the behind-the-scenes architecture (otherwise it would likely be way too hard to keep both synced to the changes to vanilla and stable in its own right). The other thing is that the current game logic does not follow relationship links to keep everything consistent; it only looks at the actor(s) it is looking at. That said, there is a fan-made mod that enables the player to manually change most relationships. (I'm pretty sure the first post links to it.).

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
I suppose the "Create NPC Relationship" Mod could be made to analyze your spouse's etc. And auto change there relationships to fit the player. The problem is there are no "In laws" sister in law would have to be stepsister, mother in law would be stepmother etc! It doesn't really work!

Some_Dude?

Apr 27, 2017
Does the developer look at this thread or f95 for recommendations? like this game is really good and i want more xD, like some examples of stuff i want in the game (bring gf to strip club and she gives surprise show with stripper or threesome,sex with boss gives raise or you become the fav,own a stripclub,be a cop,be a pilot and have sex with air attendants or passengers) anyways i can go on and on about the stuff i want ;D, but i still love the game.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Does the developer look at this thread or f95 for recommendations? like this game is really good and i want more xD, like some examples of stuff i want in the game (bring gf to strip club and she gives surprise show with stripper or threesome,sex with boss gives raise or you become the fav,own a stripclub,be a cop,be a pilot and have sex with air attendants or passengers) anyways i can go on and on about the stuff i want ;D, but i still love the game.
yes I look at this thread (along with Discord, LoversLab, TFGame and Patreon) for recommendations, but obviously it's just me working part-time on the game on a limited budget so not all suggestions can be made into the game and if they do, they may still take a while

Some_Dude?

Apr 27, 2017
yes I look at this thread (along with Discord, LoversLab, TFGame and Patreon) for recommendations, but obviously it's just me working part-time on the game on a limited budget so not all suggestions can be made into the game and if they do, they may still take a while
Ya its ok i understand, i wasn't trying to say anything bad like i said i love the game and you're doing a great job, was just wondering how the recommendations worked, thanks for the response keep up the good work.

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes