crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
Vinfamy

General question - what's your plan going forward with releases and versions? (ie v3.0 implementing quests, more acheivements, etc / v3.1 expanding rooms and customization options / etc / some hypothetical version where you get more hair options for characters haha ;))

the_high_king

Jul 16, 2017
Vinfamy

How much further do you think you'll be going with the 3D models? I really think the uncanny valley here can be pushed even further with some good lighting thrown in.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Can you please share the male and female from the 2.9 banner as presets?

The redhead especially... ;)
https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v2-9-vinfamy.11321/post-2426542

Vinfamy

General question - what's your plan going forward with releases and versions? (ie v3.0 implementing quests, more acheivements, etc / v3.1 expanding rooms and customization options / etc / some hypothetical version where you get more hair options for characters haha ;))
I'll call them 2.10 and 2.11 btw, I don't jump to 3.x until there's some dramatic overhaul (last time I jumped to 2.0 because of the Daz overhaul)
Will focus on quests for the next 2 versions. That doesn't mean that all these update
s have are quests. The next version is a bit full as I have to implement the quest system first before adding the first quests. But 2.11 can probably be more quests + some more hairstyles.

Vinfamy

How much further do you think you'll be going with the 3D models? I really think the uncanny valley here can be pushed even further with some good lighting thrown in.
There's a dynamic lighting (the game has to use dynamic lighting, not static) bug with Unreal Engine currently that prevents the characters from casting proper shadows (which is why you see the furniture casts very good shadows, but the characters don't). I'm waiting for the UE4 team to fix this. Once the characters can cast detailed shadows, it will look way more realistic.

the_high_king

Jul 16, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v2-9-vinfamy.11321/post-2426542

I'll call them 2.10 and 2.11 btw, I don't jump to 3.x until there's some dramatic overhaul (last time I jumped to 2.0 because of the Daz overhaul)
Will focus on quests for the next 2 versions. That doesn't mean that all these update
s have are quests. The next version is a bit full as I have to implement the quest system first before adding the first quests. But 2.11 can probably be more quests + some more hairstyles.

There's a dynamic lighting (the game has to use dynamic lighting, not static) bug with Unreal Engine currently that prevents the characters from casting proper shadows (which is why you see the furniture casts very good shadows, but the characters don't). I'm waiting for the UE4 team to fix this. Once the characters can cast detailed shadows, it will look way more realistic.
Oh, I see. Well, hopefully we'll see the results of that soon :)

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
Hay Vinfamy ,
1)I think,I found some BUG,If I talk with any customer on my business when they are talking with my employees,the game freezes and I can't skip or get back to the map.Any idea how to fix this?
2)How to complete Charismatic,Submissive and Dominant Achievements?
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Hay Vinfamy
2)How to complete Charismatic,Submissive and Dominant Achievements?
If you click on the achievement, it will expand the box to explain exactly what's required
Submissive and Dominant are opposites - think you can only complete one out of two in 1 playthrough
Charismatic is about increasing your interpersonal I think

Sep 20, 2019
Am i able to get achievement if i change the stats from the default at any time before or during the game?

Last edited:

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
If you click on the achievement, it will expand the box to explain exactly what's required
Submissive and Dominant are opposites - think you can only complete one out of two in 1 playthrough
Charismatic is about increasing your interpersonal I think
I know but what task should I do to increase those?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Scorpio1971: socialize, learn a language, etc all yield decent interpersonal
masochist is mostly event related, most of the events that effect this are in the neotorare and neotori modules

Am i able to get achievement if i change the stats from the default at any time before or during the game?
Nope, it's been coded to avoid this.
To cheat, you would need to do a bit of modding instead, make a lpscene with interpersonal += 20 or something like that, then force trigger it in game

Sep 20, 2019
Scorpio1971: socialize, learn a language, etc all yield decent interpersonal
masochist is mostly event related, most of the events that effect this are in the neotorare and neotori modules

Nope, it's been coded to avoid this.
To cheat, you would need to do a bit of modding instead, make a lpscene with interpersonal += 20 or something like that, then force trigger it in game
Ok, i am not very good with the modding things, but i can try to do that if i want to to get any of the achievements i have trouble getting to since i don't know what to do on that game even with the game's tutorial trying to help explain how the game works.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

As mentioned before, this update will continue expanding LifePlay's gameplay and introduce the Quests system + the first 2 quests to the game:
- New Quests system : Each quest is meant to tell a story and, in essence, consists of a collection of scenes linked with each other in a number different paths + a number of actions you can take with specific buildings depending on the current 'stage' of the quest to advance the story. Unlike normal scenes which trigger under certain conditions + RNG while the player is doing seemingly unrelated stuffs, quests are designed to involve the player more proactively - the story only starts and progresses if the player takes the needed action (with quest objective UI elements to make the next step(s) clear). Just like scenes though, quests are fully moddable simply using a text editor - early-adopting modders can start adding their own new quests right away after v2.10 is out.
- First two quests: sabotage & missing person case. I chose to make these two first because they are structurally contrasting to each other:
- The sabotage quest: this is an example of a 'radiant quest' that can repeated unlimited times with different NPCs each time. This quest involves the player trying to break up the relationship of a couple, with multiple options how to go about this and multiple endings. A lot of variables and very non-linear.
- The missing person investigation quest: this is an example of a 'story quest' that can only be done once per playthrough. All the characters involved in the story are fixed in name, appearance (I 'designed' their faces and bodies myself) and attributes. It's a lot more linear than the radiant quest above and less variable, thus allowing for a longer story with more character development.
(More quests to come in v2.11)
- Bug fixes and other improvements, with a public beta testing period
Estimated Release Date: Friday, 18 October

miki54

Feb 7, 2019
I like the idea of sabotage quest ! Great choice
Can I suggest you Vinfamy some minor improvements ?
*I think you can add some park in town. You can add the option to run in the park for increase fitness and muscle and more activities
* I think you can add a small record/registry off the NPC encounter and the possibility for the player to write a little note for each NPC.

Reactions: tkwas and Vinfamy
Apr 9, 2018
Also, on a serious note, how do the icons and whatnot work? You can move the camera in the city, icons will show up, and you move it just a tiny amount, loads disappear, and loads of new ones appear, even if it's not very dense. Also, female doctors at work are just wearing a labcoat, with nothing underneath, which shows pretty mich everything. I was also able to just become a doctor, with just default stats, I even tried decreasing them all, which had no effect on my ability to just get a job as a doctor on day one. Also, it'd be amazing if you added in an option to make it where right clicking didn't bring up a menu, its extremely annoying having it always pop up when moving the camera. Theres also loads of new buildings that now show themselves after I had edited a building.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 116 Votes