Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
+ActionMappings=(ActionName="TestScenes",Key=l,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)

Search for this. Key is what you're going to change, so change it to something easy and that the game doesn't use already, I used the l key of my keyboard, you can change to anything you want.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
PM'd the files.
Thanks so much for this. I found a major bug caused by a single line of code. This has been fixed for the next update of the game.

Basically, currently every time the game checks the NPC conditions for a scene, instead of just finding the one suitable person, it looks for TWO people in the game that match these conditions then return the second person as matched. In your case, as you only have one relative, this process always fails. It's obvious in this case, but for the other cases, unknown to me, every time it looks for a person, the game is doing double the workload it should (which may explain why the lags can be so bad when checking for scenes), which also result in all scenes being twice more difficult to trigger (basically everytime a scene require one person that matches certain conditions, the game needs to find TWO people like that before allowing the scene to go ahead).

This fix will be included in the next version (not this coming weekend but next weekend). In the meantime, you can get around this bug and get the scenes to trigger by ''duplicating' your sister (using the load / save preset feature should make this easy).

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
This fix will be included in the next version (not this coming weekend but next weekend). In the meantime, you can get around this bug and get the scenes to trigger by ''duplicating' your sister (using the load / save preset feature should make this easy).
Oh hey, I helped out! :D

Eh, I'll just wait for the update - after all, duplicating her would functionally split stat gains between the two, right? Since each copy would be getting half the events. So tension, rapport and attraction would raise half as fast.

Speaking of update, any hints as to what 1.5 will be focused on?

Embarrassment

May 19, 2017
Is there a guide for this game? I keep reading the scene files for requirements info but the lingo is all gobbledegook to me.

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Eh stupid question but... How do you initiate rape scenes? I've activated the module but I don't know how to get down and kinky with the toons.
Wondering the exact same thing. There are files in the folder which states requirements for various events, though it can be a pain to read them if you know literally zero aboud coding (like me).

What I wonder is if there are events regarding non-consent scenes that I can trigger at my own will, rather than meeting a prerequisite and hoping for stuff to trigger?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
@TJPinoy @Korder I'll add a way to trigger a non-consensual scene proactively as an aggressor in the next version, most likely as an option in the 'Right Click anywhere' menu

About v1.5 Update - Threesomes:
I decided to spend another week on this update, so the ETA is now Sat 30 June (i.e. 3 weeks after v1.4's release). The reason for this is that I figured I might as well go ahead and make a few MMM and FFF animations as well (and not just MFF and MMF that most ppl would be interested in) before allowing threesome in the game. Otherwise, in each and every scene that can lead to threesomes, I would need to code in strict conditions for gender combination, which is both restrictive, a waste of processing power when checking for scenes, and a pain to revert later on when MMM and FFF are added.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
I decided to spend another week on this update, so the ETA is now Sat 30 June
Unf... any chance you could put out a hotfix for the scene condition bug in the meantime? I was looking forward to that even more than the actual new content

Embarrassment

May 19, 2017
@TJPinoy @Korder I'll add a way to trigger a non-consensual scene proactively as an aggressor in the next version, most likely as an option in the 'Right Click anywhere' menu

About v1.5 Update - Threesomes:
I decided to spend another week on this update, so the ETA is now Sat 30 June (i.e. 3 weeks after v1.4's release). The reason for this is that I figured I might as well go ahead and make a few MMM and FFF animations as well (and not just MFF and MMF that most ppl would be interested in) before allowing threesome in the game. Otherwise, in each and every scene that can lead to threesomes, I would need to code in strict conditions for gender combination, which is both restrictive, a waste of processing power when checking for scenes, and a pain to revert later on when MMM and FFF are added.
Cheers!

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Unf... any chance you could put out a hotfix for the scene condition bug in the meantime? I was looking forward to that even more than the actual new content
LifePlay 1.4.1 HotFix
This resolves the bug that makes scenes twice more difficult to trigger, just overwrite your 1.4 game folder with this. It's compiled for the 64 bit version but should work fine for the 32 bit version too. .

theders

May 8, 2017
When I try to run either version the game goes through its loading sequence, then appears to lock up. Other applications generally still keep running smoothly on my PC and it's capable of handling far cry 5 at max settings so it seems odd this would be a performance issue though the key feature is a practically frozen framerate. I can't get past the startup because of this. Anybody familiar with this problem?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
When I try to run either version the game goes through its loading sequence, then appears to lock up. Other applications generally still keep running smoothly on my PC and it's capable of handling far cry 5 at max settings so it seems odd this would be a performance issue though the key feature is a practically frozen framerate. I can't get past the startup because of this. Anybody familiar with this problem?
A couple of things to try:
- Update your graphic driver
- In your NVidia control panel (or your GPU equivalent), make sure the game is set to use the right graphic card
- Install Visual C++ Redistributable
- In the game folder, run Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe

theders

May 8, 2017
A couple of things to try:
- Update your graphic driver
- In your NVidia control panel (or your GPU equivalent), make sure the game is set to use the right graphic card
- Install Visual C++ Redistributable
- In the game folder, run Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe
I've already tried all of the above. The prereq is installed, everything is up to date. Still there's no change.
To be specific what I do get, is the game loads up, what seems to be a base character loads up, and after a moment the character seems to be redrawn which I guess has to do with character customization? Then a couple of times I seem to have made it to a following overhead map? That's as far as I've gotten though, and mostly I'd describe it as a static image that doesn't really respond to anything. I have to close it by task manager but the strange thing is, it doesn't really seem to slow down the rest of my PC so at least it's not like the machine crashes.

theders

May 8, 2017
I've made some progress in debugging. While taking screenshots I noticed that the game was running, it's just that the game window wasn't updating. It was basically stuck at that initial render of the (player?) character, and the game *is* running outside of sight. Only when I alt tab to unfocus, and again focus the game window does it draw a new render and show the updated screen. I feel like this might be solved by running it in windowed mode. Is there any way I can do that?

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes