X&X

Mar 24, 2020
i have it on but i never see that someone try to Rape me.The only Rape i see is my MC with drugs or when i break in someone's House and rape the Person that life there.
Set your Dom/Sub stat on 100 and Martial on 1, makes you a better target for predators.

LoKFan

Aug 31, 2017
I have never had a random scene interupt actions i do, they happen yes but your action just continues after that. And as random actions Only currently happen when you do something, if what you sugested was done . There would be no random actions ever. Easier way is dont start over just let the timer continue down.
Weird, the actions never continued for me. I always do clean installs too so it must be something wrong with my PC.

I'm not suggesting to always be locked away, but I'd assume that when you own a place and try to deal with suppliers for better prices and whatnot you'd tell your employees to not disturb you unless absolutely necessary. You wouldn't have random people walk into your office like "Hey [insert name] I knew it was you!". Which is also why I suggested for it to be an option, I assume people do like to get these events but for me they're just a bother that interrupts long ass actions, which somehow don't resume where they were stopped at. I have to click on them again and it starts back at 0.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Weird, the actions never continued for me. I always do clean installs too so it must be something wrong with my PC.

I'm not suggesting to always be locked away, but I'd assume that when you own a place and try to deal with suppliers for better prices and whatnot you'd tell your employees to not disturb you unless absolutely necessary. You wouldn't have random people walk into your office like "Hey [insert name] I knew it was you!". Which is also why I suggested for it to be an option, I assume people do like to get these events but for me they're just a bother that interrupts long ass actions, which somehow don't resume where they were stopped at. I have to click on them again and it starts back at 0.
Ok, Please do not take offense at this, because I have no idea about how much you have played the game, but this doesnt make any sense to me. I have just tested it and 'Promote brand awarness' works fine after being interupted. Are you sure the bar and marker on you portrait arnt still going down. That action doesnt have a scene at the end of it. It just ups your skill level!
So basicly you press an action, that action takes a set amount of time then it finnishes, On finnishing some give a scene, others however just give stats and you should see + numbers next to your character.

LoKFan

Aug 31, 2017
Ok, Please do not take offense at this, because I have no idea about how much you have played the game, but this doesnt make any sense to me. I have just tested it and 'Promote brand awarness' works fine after being interupted. Are you sure the bar and marker on you portrait arnt still going down. That action doesnt have a scene at the end of it. It just ups your skill level!
So basicly you press an action, that action takes a set amount of time then it finnishes, On finnishing some give a scene, others however just give stats and you should see + numbers next to your character.
It doesn't progress, I know it does not give a scene at the end of it but thank you for making sure about this. I see the bar moving, then a random event happens and when it finishes the bar doesn't move anymore and the time is also stopped. I have to manually reactivate it and that restarts the whole thing.

I'm also running in bugs where if I don't save and load that save after a certain amount of time the game starts to fail to gather NPCs informations, say I am invited to a house party the options will be "Sit with [blank]" (or whatever the option to talk to people says, I forgot) all the way down to the last one.

I have no mods installed at all either. It's probably errors on my end, but I rarely run into errors with games so I am confused as to why that one is giving me so many. With the last update I also started to see NPCs lose their haircut after a few hours of playtime, which is not solved by saving and reloading. I have no idea what is happening, but I keep starting over and over and the same things always happen. I might try to play as a woman, see if the game runs better seeing as both as a man or a female with a penis I run into these issues.

Speaking of which, why does the female with a penis have better modifying options for the penis than the male does? The male is so basic, but the female has more options allowing for better control and quality.

LoKFan

Aug 31, 2017
It doesn't progress, I know it does not give a scene at the end of it but thank you for making sure about this. I see the bar moving, then a random event happens and when it finishes the bar doesn't move anymore and the time is also stopped.
After re-reading myself I realized I am an idiot. The action continues if I click on the play button to reactivate time. Well, that fixes this! The rest will hopefully be fixed overtime with updates as I read other people have issues with NPC spawning nude and whatnot. I didn't run into that one yet myself, but I did face some minor clothe clipping issues.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
After re-reading myself I realized I am an idiot. The action continues if I click on the play button to reactivate time. Well, that fixes this! The rest will hopefully be fixed overtime with updates as I read other people have issues with NPC spawning nude and whatnot. I didn't run into that one yet myself, but I did face some minor clothe clipping issues.
Its a bit of a bit of a difficult time with the game at the moment, the game is going through a massive multi part update, that should see some wide rangeing changes. Personaly speaking I would have 2 versions of the game installed, the latest one to see what is changing and then 3.b1 as it quite stable. Cloth clipping has always been a problem and will continue until a masking system is put in place, although quite easy to do, it is time consuming and people want updates where they can see or do new stuff.
Anyway glad you sorted your problem out. (You know there is an auto restart after scene option in the settings!)

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Alright thanks I just tried it out today for the first time as well I am curious though when I had sex with a prostitute could she fall pregnant or not
Usually 'disposable' NPC's no. But the females you meet and have in your contacts OR or will be in your contacts once you get their number can be. Your 'fertility' stat determines the chance of pregnancy, both yours and theirs. Then the Child growth speed and Pregnancy time in the settings menu (press esc on the map screen) determines how long they stay pregnant and how fast the child grows up. Have fun.

Wolfman13

Aug 5, 2018
Hi,

I need some help with scripting.

I want to include an relative (sister) with a certain tag to be choosen for a scene. There are three sisters, but only one of them has the tag.

I tried with:

selectNPC(myTag)
SisActor = getSelectedNPC()
SisActor.show(2)
"My sisters name is <SisActor.name>"

Works ... But i have to manually select the npc. I want the right one to be automatically choosen by the tag.

So i tried:

SisActor = getPerson(myTag)
SisActor.show(2)

Doesn't work even the "getPerson" function in the documentation says otherwise. Maybe because the npc is a relative?
But the "getRelative" function has no documented tag option (I tried anyway with no success).

I know that the documentation on GitHub is a work in progress, so maybe there are some undocumented parameters ...
Anyone has an tip how to achieve this?

R0y

Nov 25, 2017
This always stops working after awhile. The negative karma stops with it too but stops working only with it.

"By sleeping with Linda I have made her cheat on her husband"
"I don't know if I should feel guilty or victorious." Let's just hope Jose will never find out or this could get messy."

Anyone has any idea on how to fix it well it will always work & not stop after a copule hours of game play? It sucks to have to always have to start over!

XziebertX

Jan 24, 2018
alright I've already make my character have 100 subs and 0 martial
and to test it out I make an Horny Ugly Fat Old Man
but why it always end up in consensual sex?

also is there any blackmail implemented for the player (player got blackmailed)? if yes how to get that?

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Hi,

I need some help with scripting.

I want to include an relative (sister) with a certain tag to be choosen for a scene. There are three sisters, but only one of them has the tag.

I tried with:

selectNPC(myTag)
SisActor = getSelectedNPC()
SisActor.show(2)

Works ... But i have to manually select the npc. I want the right one to be automatically choosen by the tag.

So i tried:

SisActor = getPerson(myTag)
SisActor.show(2)

Doesn't work even the "getPerson" function in the documentation says otherwise. Maybe because the npc is a relative?
But the "getRelative" function has no documented tag option (I tried anyway with no success).

I know that the documentation on GitHub is a work in progress, so maybe there are some undocumented parameters ...
Anyone has an tip how to achieve this?
Acording to Vinfamy's test file, it should be:
Actor = getPerson(LoveInterests); return a person that has the LoveInterests tag
So you later one should have worked. Personaly speaking I would download 3.b1 and test it on that, I have found that a fair amount of stuff I am trying on 3.b2 isnt working correctly.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
This always stops working after awhile. The negative karma stops with it too but stops working only with it.

"By sleeping with Linda I have made her cheat on her husband"
"I don't know if I should feel guilty or victorious." Let's just hope Jose will never find out or this could get messy."

Anyone has any idea on how to fix it well it will always work & not stop after a copule hours of game play? It sucks to have to always have to start over!
F5 and F9, once weird things start happening, unless you F5 and F9 they will continue happening
or wait for Beta 3 this weekend, or 3.0 Stable in early May

Reactions: R0y and Schlong50

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

3.0 Beta 3 includes a public beta testing period before the official release. So, here are the links for those wanting to help beta-test this version (or just really impatient). No previous beta testing experience is required - it's as simple as playing the game normally and report any bugs you encounter.
  • (requires v2.0 Stable or later)
(Update 3 April night: Added Release Candidate 3 - this should become the official release tomorrow unless major game-breaking bugs are reported)

Update 3 April: Added Release Candidate 2 - a lot more playable than RC1. It fixes most of the game-breaking bugs from RC1. Will continue to work on Beta 3 after RC2 though so hopefully Beta 3 official release tomorrow should be quite solid. Bugs that remain in RC2 and will hopefully be fixed by tomorrow's official release of Beta 3: Companion sometimes doesn't stay typing filter text into interactions can get around interaction conditions after a while, contact menu - click on name > appear one second > disappear with no actions, correct age and stats though > persist even after save / load. But this fixes itself after a while go meet actor from Contact > Current, appears one second then invisible, interactable still though actor can drop below surface if the interior space changes from big room into small room, or some scenes like companion strip poker hooker from "get hooker together" keeps disappearing

(This public beta testing period for Beta 3 is a bit different cause this is the first time where I'm still actively working on the update. Here are the bugs I'm aware of and are still trying to fix before Saturday - so if you run into the same bug while playing the RC above, it would be helpful if you're able to pin down exactly how to reproduce it (do X, do Y > bug happens 10 out of 10) since most of them are hard to fix because they are time-consuming to reproduce (i.e. seems to happen randomly after some gameplay).)

The beta testing period will last around 36 hours, aiming for official release of v3.0 Beta 3 (which will include the rest of the platforms and mirrors of course) before Saturday, 4 April)
My preferred channel to receive bug reports from beta testers is via Discord. But a reply here would do too.
If you're not interested in beta-testing the game and are not super impatient to try out the new content in this version, it's recommended to just wait a bit more for the final v3.0 Beta 3 releases.
Thank you for all your help!

Change Log:
This will be the third update of our 5-update AI and Interaction Overhaul -the 60% progress mark. It will build upon the foundations laid during the first two beta updates and actually start implementing the AI and interaction systems into the game.
- Introduce a new AI system, along with a first bunch of conditional NPC behavior packages. Each NPC will now have somewhere to live, work and/or study and they will be logically somewhere on the map at any point of gameplay (work during the day, home at night, shopping / leisure activities depending on their stats for the rest of the day etc).
- Introduce a new Interaction system where you can physically click on the 3d model of any NPC at your current location and be prompted a list of relevant interactions you can do with that NPC, some of which will directly lead to scenes (i.e. this improves how 'proactive' gameplay feels - less doing random things and hoping for things to trigger). Also add a first bunch of NPC interactions, their conditions & linked scenes to go with this new system.
- These systems are designed in a way that ensures both these first NPC behavior packages and NPC interactions will be editable / moddable right away and easily with any text editors. Modders will also be able to add their own AI packages and interactions that will be picked up automatically by the new systems.
- Add a navigation system for indoor 3d space so that NPCs don't rely 100% on furniture like in Beta 2 to know where to spawn and they can stand idle or wander around too. This also means that player and NPCs will try to walk to rather than just teleporting between objects and dialogue/ interaction targets like in Beta 2. Scenes will feel less awkward than Beta 2 because of this.
- Some very basic physics mostly to aid the navigation system above
- Bug fixes and other improvements
- In summary, Beta 3 is a major coding effort and will already have most of the core components of the AI and interaction systems planned for v3.0. It will mostly just lack in variety of AI packages and interactions (which will continue to be added in Beta 4 and 3.0 Stable). Scenes will feel less awkward than Beta 2 thanks to the navigation system, although I will still have to go through all the lpscene files and add new API functions so that the scenes fully take advantage of the new fully 3d gameplay and the new AI data.

Last edited:

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Great to see. Beta 2 had so many issues and did not play well with some mods. Does this also fix the problem where certain scenes only showed the city map and no characters?

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes