Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
This public beta testing period for Beta 3 is a bit different cause this is the first time where I'm still actively working on the update. Here are the bugs I'm aware of and are still trying to fix before Saturday - so if you run into the same bug while playing the RC above, it would be helpful if you're able to pin down exactly how to reproduce it (do X, do Y > bug happens 10 out of 10) since most of them are hard to fix because they are time-consuming to reproduce (i.e. seems to happen randomly after some gameplay).
  • Random naked T-pose chick with male name (or no name male gender), lip syncing, interactable - known or unknown
  • Random naked no name but interesting with object
  • gravity for theatre
  • Companion disppears after recommended
  • Gender swaps - hidden after choosing current
  • disappears while interacting (Chat), current still there but hidden
  • stops working entirely after this, even only one temp
  • contact list all messed up after a while, men with female hair. Duplicated names in consecutive slots
  • some actor spawn in wall and below surface

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
MattShizzle the street thing and the indefinite loop thing should be fixed now, but Beta 3 has new bugs I still have to work on alongside beta testers to fix before Saturday

Reactions: MattShizzle

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Vinfamy Ok first reaction, not checked the actual game yet. But them AI scripts, oh god, I think you just gave everyone what they have been asking for the last year. From a modding point of view I cant bloody wait! this is going to be awsome!

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
the game feels very laggy :(
I wouldn't worry too much about performance right now since I literally just added 3 new systems into the game in one update and still working on fixing bugs for them, let alone optimizing performance. Most performance optimization will be done at the end of the overhaul i.e. v3.0 Stable.

• Love
Reactions: brigade29

xvi

Jun 3, 2018
Just trying it out now.

BUGS:

- I am getting a lot of the T-pose people after a while. I first got one in a bar after going to about 6 places before. Then went to watch a movie and there were 2 naked t-pose npc's. I tried offering my number to a saleswoman (?) when prompted, then got moved to a room outside the cinema while being told I got no text back. In this room there were 2 naked T-pose NPCs moving into place.

- Another bug unrelated to the known t-pose issue is that I asked 'Alsion' to hang out since she wouldn't give me her number. She accepted and we did a few things in the gym where I met her. Once I moved to a bar she wasn't with me anymore. After moving from the bar to the cinema I was prompted I should probably part ways with 'Jose'. I did and it brought him into the scene, I guy I've never seen before. I think it picks someone up from the location you are in. Like they are NPC 2 for the location and if you move locations you are assigned the same NPC number as your companion. Just guessing there obviously.

EDIT: OK this one isn't happening very often now, they come with me to the new location. BUT just then when I interacted with someone else at a location, my companion disappeared after a couple of interactions. When I clicked "part ways with companion", they no longer had a name and there was no option to walk home, just "I had a good time catching up with ."

- Another small issue is since V3 Beta 2 NPCs never wear shoes for me. It might have been before this but I really noticed in Beta 2 because of always seeing npcs in 3d environments.

Good work though! I love being able to walk up to people and decide what to do. It's a proper game changer!

Last edited:

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Vinfamy
As mentioned by Wolfman13 and I have seen this myself, Actor = getPerson(Tag) seems to be broken, as do Tags in general. Although I have had some success doing the F5/F9 thing, the family generation mod I made is completly broken as its not recognising the tags i gave people to stop generating families more than once per npc.(not a problem It will just have to wait or be changed.)

The contacts menu seems a little off, either that or everone got a foot shorter now. The view in my game seems to start from there nose upwards.

Personaly not noticed any performance issues, and most thing appear to work well.
One question, are we still going to get the ability to place people where we want? and not have them interacting automaticaly with everything. Although it's a great feature I can see many instances where the old way of positioning would be needed.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Vinfamy
As mentioned by Wolfman13 and I have seen this myself, Actor = getPerson(Tag) seems to be broken, as do Tags in general. Although I have had some success doing the F5/F9 thing, the family generation mod I made is completly broken as its not recognising the tags i gave people to stop generating families more than once per npc.(not a problem It will just have to wait or be changed.)

The contacts menu seems a little off, either that or everone got a foot shorter now. The view in my game seems to start from there nose upwards.

Personaly not noticed any performance issues, and most thing appear to work well.
One question, are we still going to get the ability to place people where we want? and not have them interacting automaticaly with everything. Although it's a great feature I can see many instances where the old way of positioning would be needed.
will look into getPerson(tag). What do you mean by "tags in general" though? Does setActorVar(tag_) and getActorVar(tag_) not work? Pretty sure they are fine cause I use them for AI a lot.
Make sure you include the "tag_" prefix in all setActorVar(), getActorVar() and getPerson()
yeah, there will a bunch of new API functions in Beta 4 to be more involved in how characters behave with the environment and each other - that and me adding those to my own lpscenes will be the focus of Beta 4 in fact
Also, hopefully v3.0 Stable will have some new daily activity animations too, enough to make the furniture interactions a bit less random. Lpactions already have the animation field - I just haven't used it.

all: Beta 3 RC2 coming soon, which is a lot more playable than RC1 and fixes most of the game-breaking bugs from RC1. Will continue to work on Beta 3 after RC2 though so hopefully Beta 3 official release tomorrow should be quite solid.

Last edited:

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
  • (requires v2.0 Stable or later)
(Update 3 April night: Added Release Candidate 3 - this should become the official release tomorrow unless major game-breaking bugs are reported)

Update 3 April: Added Release Candidate 2 - a lot more playable than RC1. It fixes most of the game-breaking bugs from RC1. Will continue to work on Beta 3 after RC2 though so hopefully Beta 3 official release tomorrow should be quite solid.
Bugs that remain in RC2 and will hopefully be fixed by tomorrow's official release of Beta 3:
  1. Companion sometimes doesn't stay
  2. typing filter text into interactions can get around interaction conditions
  3. after a while, contact menu - click on name > appear one second > disappear with no actions, correct age and stats though > persist even after save / load. But this fixes itself after a while
  4. go meet actor from Contact > Current, appears one second then invisible, interactable still though
  5. actor can drop below surface if the interior space changes from big room into small room, or some scenes like companion strip poker
  6. hooker from "get hooker together" keeps disappearing

Last edited:

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
will look into getPerson(tag). What do you mean by "tags in general" though? Does setActorVar(tag_) and getActorVar(tag_) not work? Pretty sure they are fine cause I use them for AI a lot.
Make sure you include the "tag_" prefix in all setActorVar(), getActorVar() and getPerson()
yeah, there will a bunch of new API functions in Beta 4 to be more involved in how characters behave with the environment and each other - that and me adding those to my own lpscenes will be the focus of Beta 4 in fact
Also, hopefully v3.0 Stable will have some new daily activity animations too, enough to make the furniture interactions a bit less random. Lpactions already have the animation field - I just haven't used it.

all: Beta 3 RC2 coming soon, which is a lot more playable than RC1 and fixes most of the game-breaking bugs from RC1. Will continue to work on Beta 3 after RC2 though so hopefully Beta 3 official release tomorrow should be quite solid.
In the family generation mod. After generating family members I use 'Actor.setActorVar(LLfamilyGen, 1)' on the Main actor and all relatives generated.
Then when checking for npc's too generate families for, I use
'FamilyGen = Actor.getActorVar(LLfamilyGen)
If FamilyGen == 0'
Basicly the generate family code only runs on npc's that dont have the 'LLfamilyGen'.
Although theoreticaly I could check if an npc already had family, and not run the code in that case. It just wasnt working reliably no matter how I did it, hence this method.
In V3.b1 this seems to work well, now however something is going wrong, and npc's that have the tag are still somehow getting new families.
I will check further, as to be honest I only ran it 3 times on this version, but every time i did, it generated multiple families on a single npc. eg npc had 2 fathers, 2 mothers and 6 kids, which shouldnt have been possible.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
'FamilyGen = Actor.getActorVar(LLfamilyGen)
If FamilyGen == 0'
Just tried exactly this and it worked as intended

SceneStart()
Actor = getSpecific(Landlord)
"What?"
0:: "Set"
1:: "Ask"

If 0
Actor.setActorVar(LLfamilyGen, 1)
"<Actor.name> has been set."
Else
FamilyGen = Actor.getActorVar(LLfamilyGen)
If FamilyGen == 0
"FamilyGen is 0"
Elseif FamilyGen == 1
"Family Gen is 1"
Endif
"This value for <Actor.name> is <FamilyGen>"
Endif
SceneEnd()

Also, if I change LLfamilyGen to tag_LLfamilyGen and change to Actor = getSpecific(tag_LLfamilyGen) it works perfectly too
Maybe just happens to be something I fixed by accident just now though. Maybe RC2 still had this issue but no more in my current project.

theimpregnator

Jun 21, 2017
Usually 'disposable' NPC's no. But the females you meet and have in your contacts OR or will be in your contacts once you get their number can be. Your 'fertility' stat determines the chance of pregnancy, both yours and theirs. Then the Child growth speed and Pregnancy time in the settings menu (press esc on the map screen) determines how long they stay pregnant and how fast the child grows up. Have fun.
How old does your daughter have to be to have sex with

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v3-0-beta-2-vinfamy.11321/page-263#post-3190580

My april commisions if anyone wants to know what's coming up this month in terms of new scenes and animations.

What I have requested for MAY:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So those are my requested scenes, opinions welcome on these and the last 12 that will be coming in. I tried to limit the NTR ones this time and focus more on Netori and Beast. As much as I may like NTR and Netori I don't want the game to be too unbalanced.

Lostlegends

Modder
Jul 9, 2017
Just tried exactly this and it worked as intended

SceneStart()
Actor = getSpecific(Landlord)
"What?"
0:: "Set"
1:: "Ask"

If 0
Actor.setActorVar(LLfamilyGen, 1)
"<Actor.name> has been set."
Else
FamilyGen = Actor.getActorVar(LLfamilyGen)
If FamilyGen == 0
"FamilyGen is 0"
Elseif FamilyGen == 1
"Family Gen is 1"
Endif
"This value for <Actor.name> is <FamilyGen>"
Endif
SceneEnd()

Also, if I change LLfamilyGen to tag_LLfamilyGen and change to Actor = getSpecific(tag_LLfamilyGen) it works perfectly too
Maybe just happens to be something I fixed by accident just now though. Maybe RC2 still had this issue but no more in my current project.
Thanks for checking. I will wait till later and, have a check on the new version. The problem may not have actualy been tags anyway, the problem is that script can generate up to 9 npc in one shot, and I'm not sure how your currently seting up the memory thing with npc's. I will revisit that mod and get it working fully as soon as everything is a little more stable. plus I can think of some good features for the ai .

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
  • (requires v2.0 Stable or later)
(Update 3 April night: Added Release Candidate 3 - this should become the official release tomorrow unless major game-breaking bugs are reported)

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes