Bart1988

Mar 20, 2018
Vinfamy this is it. I haven't played since 2.16, I believe, waiting for the more complex update. This, my friend is amazing. Keep up the great job!
If I may ask, what elese is planned for the next 3.x updates?
After the huge overhaul is done and complete, in the future ( no haste my friend, take your time :), have you alreadyd ecided what will be the next direction/ upgrades? Just curious :)
I'm personally waiting for tje tattoos to be implemented ( if it ever is :)
I was also wondering, technically, would it be possible in any way to put smoking / smoking fetish to the game at any point?
I can't wait to see how the game will develop in the nearest future, my friend. Thank you for your hard work.

Reactions: Vinfamy

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
clothes are literally the least of my priority right now, far more important things to focus on. They're heavy and can balloon the game's download size in no time (the Clothes folder is already 1GB extracted) - huge download size = less new people trying the game which would destroy the project, can cause fatal crashes when too many clothes are loaded into memory and add nothing to the core gameplay. I'll probably add glasses quite soon in the v3.x versions because they're quite essential but aside from that, can't imagine myself adding many clothes for the next year
Just tried right click on portrait - worked perfectly, you need to favorite stuffs first though
Oh, okay. Yeah, I guess that's a good reason. When all the important things will be done, maybe.

About the favorite, I tried to add another building, and now I see the right click work,but my house is not in the favorite tab despite me adding it before. And now, I can't find it anymore. Is there another way to find it ?

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Oh, okay. Yeah, I guess that's a good reason. When all the important things will be done, maybe.

About the favorite, I tried to add another building, and now I see the right click work,but my house is not in the favorite tab despite me adding it before. And now, I can't find it anymore. Is there another way to find it ?
your home is always automatically favorited the first time you get it, when you click Favorite on your house again, you accidentally removed the favorite, that's why
Contacts > pick a relative living with you (or click on Add Relative) > Home will take you back home where you can refav

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Vinfamy this is it. I haven't played since 2.16, I believe, waiting for the more complex update. This, my friend is amazing. Keep up the great job!
If I may ask, what elese is planned for the next 3.x updates?
After the huge overhaul is done and complete, in the future ( no haste my friend, take your time :), have you alreadyd ecided what will be the next direction/ upgrades? Just curious :)
I'm personally waiting for tje tattoos to be implemented ( if it ever is :)
I was also wondering, technically, would it be possible in any way to put smoking / smoking fetish to the game at any point?
I can't wait to see how the game will develop in the nearest future, my friend. Thank you for your hard work.
after v3.0 Stable is out, v3.1 and v3.2 will probably be 'enhancement' updates adding more variety to the stuffs that have been overhauled - more daily activity animations, more AI packages. more interactions etc
After that, the rest of the year will focus on content (scenes, quests, fetishes, etc) now that the core gameplay is quite solid. Can't just keep overhauling the game without adding content :p With the focus on graphics and now the v3.0 overhaul, the last 12 months I haven't actually added that much content - the scene count for example hardly changed.
2021 we'll be thinking about another 5-update overhaul - maybe either physics or modding (as in importing third party animations and 3d assets at runtime)

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
your home is always automatically favorited the first time you get it, when you click Favorite on your house again, you accidentally removed the favorite, that's why
Contacts > pick a relative living with you (or click on Add Relative) > Home will take you back home where you can refav

F4z3r

Mar 21, 2017
Looking through the change log this game seems to be rapidly coming together into an actual game. I will have to give this another go, last I tried over 6 months ago it wasn't really a game but it looks like it turning into the ultimate sandbox.

My hope is someone can mod this game into other projects, like total conversion mods. I can imagine a total conversion mod of this game being turned into a post apocalyptic setting. We just need to fight mechanics :), mount and blade style.
There's a WIP total conversion based EXACTLY on the post-apocalyptic scenario.
LostLegends is coding the whole thing, i'm giving some "textual" advices and throwing some ideas he's translating into actual code.
Maybe there will be a demo out soon. Maybe.

Reactions: Vima and madmax20

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Definitely an improvement over beta 2, but still a couple problems:

1. Still, when a PC is walked home by an NPC, after the sex scene (if any) the PC is supposed to be home but the room shown is wherever they came from.

2. Occasionally, an NPC who had attraction 100 will for no reason change to -100.

Wolfman13

Aug 5, 2018
Hi,

I need some help with scripting.

I want to include an relative (sister) with a certain tag to be choosen for a scene. There are three sisters, but only one of them has the tag.

I tried with:

selectNPC(myTag)
SisActor = getSelectedNPC()
SisActor.show(2)
"My sisters name is <SisActor.name>"

Works ... But i have to manually select the npc. I want the right one to be automatically choosen by the tag.

So i tried:

SisActor = getPerson(myTag)
SisActor.show(2)
"My sisters name is <SisActor.name>"

Doesn't work even the "getPerson" function in the documentation says otherwise. Maybe because the npc is a relative?
But the "getRelative" function has no documented tag option (I tried anyway with no success).

I know that the documentation on GitHub is a work in progress, so maybe there are some undocumented parameters ...
Anyone has an tip how to achieve this?
First things first :)

great Update Vinfamy,
the world now feels much more lively. I'm really curious where the next 2 parts of the update will expand the possibilties for players and modders (y)

Back to questionmode:

I tried a few things and found that the problem with getPerson() seems only to happen when i use it to get a "related" person. With normal NPCs it works like intended.

I use a workaround now:

First get all Siblings and then check each one for the tag by using "getActorVar(tag_XXX)"

Actor = getRelatedPeople(Siblings)

If Actor2.isValid() // 3 Siblings!

Sis0 = Actor0.getActorVar(tag_SisTag) //If ActorX has the tag it returns 1 else 0
Sis1 = Actor1.getActorVar(tag_SisTag)
Sis2 = Actor2.getActorVar(tag_SisTag)

if Sis0 == 1
SisActor = Actor0
elseif Sis1 == 1
SisActor = Actor1
elseif Sis2 == 1
SisActor = Actor2
EndIf

EndIf

Not perfect but it works.

Is getPerson() working as intended?
If so then should getRelative() not work with tags for related npcs too?

And one last question ...

FilterDesc(test_restricted) <- I found that the scripts had to be in the Modules\vin_Base\Descriptions folder to work
FilterTalk(test_restricted) <- I tried to have them in different folders but don't get them to work (e.g. Modules\vin_Base\DirtyTalks)

Where have the files for FilterTalk() have to be stored???

Last edited:

unmythical

May 12, 2018
The game unfortunately became unplayable for me with this update. My character would walk into a scene and the scene freezes for almost 10 seconds before i can click on something. When the next text would appear and characters reposition themselves in the scene (office), the game freezes again. Beta 1 and 2 were fine in terms of performance, a little slow here and there but no fps drops to zero. I already set the performance relevant sliders down to below average but that didn't seem to affect anything in regards to this issue.

F4z3r

Mar 21, 2017
Would it be possible to play as a dog?
The more i read this forum...
...the more i find there's people... with... weird kinks xD

To answer your question... Not that i know of, but i guess someone could make a mod for that but that means rewriting all of the scenes to accomodate the new, erm, condition (!?) of the playable character...Because you know, dogs don't buy a house and pretty sure they never go to brothels and nightclubs.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
First things first :)

great Update Vinfamy,
the world now feels much more lively. I'm really curious where the next 2 parts of the update will expand the possibilties for players and modders (y)

Back to questionmode:

I tried a few things and found that the problem with getPerson() seems only to happen when i use it to get a "related" person. With normal NPCs it works like intended.

I use a workaround now:

First get all Siblings and then check each one for the tag by using "getActorVar(tag_XXX)"

Actor = getRelatedPeople(Siblings)

If Actor2.isValid() // 3 Siblings!

Sis0 = Actor0.getActorVar(tag_SisTag) //If ActorX has the tag it returns 1 else 0
Sis1 = Actor1.getActorVar(tag_SisTag)
Sis2 = Actor2.getActorVar(tag_SisTag)

if Sis0 == 1
SisActor = Actor0
elseif Sis1 == 1
SisActor = Actor1
elseif Sis2 == 1
SisActor = Actor2
EndIf

EndIf

Not perfect but it works.

Is getPerson() working as intended?
If so then should getRelative() not work with tags for related npcs too?

And one last question ...

FilterDesc(test_restricted) <- I found that the scripts had to be in the Modules\vin_Base\Descriptions folder to work
FilterTalk(test_restricted) <- I tried to have them in different folders but don't get them to work (e.g. Modules\vin_Base\DirtyTalks)

Where have the files for FilterTalk() have to be stored???
oh yeah, getPerson doesn't work for Relatives, use a getRelative() While loop instead.
It's not that hard to expand getPerson() functionality though, I can do that

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Some sex scene are still map view with no visible characters, yet there is a street "room" when walking between places.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Some sex scene are still map view with no visible characters, yet there is a street "room" when walking between places.
there's a couple of custom backgrounds that sexybastardo asked me to add to the game for him to use for his mods that have no 3d world presets yet. When he comes back to modding, I'd imagine he'll update those to 3d too (either make new presets or redirect them to one of my presets)

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
I only added XYZ scales because people requested it. Personally I never believed they would ever work well.
It's unrealistic for me to make a system to adjust animations to scale, honestly can't think of a single game, even AAA budget type, that can do this for hundreds of very different animations that involve up to 5 people. I'm just an indie dev at the end of the day, I'm not enough of a lunatic that I think I can just walk in and revolutionize game animations as we know it, especially because my original tech background is not even on the animating / 3d art side and I only taught myself basic animating skills over the course of working on LifePlay the past two years or so.
i see...
well the game is doing great so far. Better than 90% of other similar games i've seen on this site.

Reactions: srg91

Wolfman13

Aug 5, 2018
oh yeah, getPerson doesn't work for Relatives, use a getRelative() While loop instead.
It's not that hard to expand getPerson() functionality though, I can do that
Would be great as i think it is the easiest way to get a specific npc in one line instead of loops (I'm lazy ;))

Brok TheDog

Donor
Jun 2, 2018
honestly, I think it's much better. Being able to interact with people directly in the buildings is a great idea. Keep it up(y).
Translated by Deepl.

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
1) Unfortunately many morphs on the character are breaking clothes entirely. Are morphs or some other kind of correction for the clothing being planned?

2) Would it be possible to add a toggle to make a "transgender" character be treated as a man (perhaps on character creation)? Right now, it isn't really possible to make androgynous looking characters with male chars.

watwat

Aug 1, 2017
Keep the great work Vinfamy ! I'm looking forward for more updates. Are you planning on updating the UI? Is a bit clunky in my opinion.

Reactions: srg91
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes