Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The graphic is awful for Unreal Engine.
I'm sure Infamy will appreciate your voluntary aid in do 3d modeling for him :p Afaik, Infamy is a one man band, so appreciate this for what it is, play and have fun, and if not, find something else to play. People expecting outstanding graphics rivaling heavy funded triple A games or such need a reality check.

Reactions: AnonF21

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

I'm sure most people would agree that the current character models will need to be replaced sooner or later with more detailed and realistic models in order for the game to reach the next level. These new models can come from either of these two sources:

- The same guy (Manuel Bastioni) that made the original Blender Cycles models that I converted for Unreal Engine - so I can convert them when he's done. However, he hasn't given any indication of a release date for these new models yet.
- Me hiring a professional 3d character artist to make detailed models that are tailor made to the game's needs. Unfortunately, character artists are expensive to hire and my current Patreon at a ~$50 monthly income is still some way off achieving a budget for this.

With both options basically being out of my control and having no estimated date in sight (could easily be 2019 before either becomes a reality), I'm thinking of dedicating the next update v1.11 (which was initially planned to add 'Doctor and Nurse' career path) instead entirely to graphics, an 'intermediate graphical upgrade' if you like:

Obviously, I don't have new models to replace the existing ones yet, but perhaps for the next two weeks, I can work on improving the textures and shaders for skin, eye and hair and post processing effects (especially things like subsurface scattering that mimics how human skin glows a bit pink under sunlight). The overall improvement in graphics wouldn't be huge (because it's still the same models), but should keep people happier in the meantime until the new models come, at which point a more complete graphical overhaul can go ahead.

Alternatively, maybe you prefer that I stick to the original plan of adding more career paths for now, and just continue waiting for Manuel/ funding to have a proper graphical upgrade once and for all some time in the future?

Again, anyone can vote, but to reward my patrons, their votes count more (because votes on Patreon are anonymous, if you're a patron and want your vote to count more, please comment also with what you voted).

PlayDat

Sep 18, 2017
I'd like to modify the time NPCs spend at work (for example 2H per day) in order to have them avaible to invite out more often / stay on date longer. Anyone knows how to achieve this?
PS I already did many changes to the game files, it's enough for me to know which file to mod and possibly which line(s).
Thanks in advance

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I'd like to modify the time NPCs spend at work (for example 2H per day) in order to have them avaible to invite out more often / stay on date longer. Anyone knows how to achieve this?
PS I already did many changes to the game files, it's enough for me to know which file to mod and possibly which line(s).
Thanks in advance
LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\companion\goodbye_companion.lpscene
Change 23-6 to a more restricted window, or add more conditions to have them hanging out with you longer

\LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\companion\call_invite.lpscene
Loosen the conditions to have them call you more to ask you out

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
The higher your so's intelligence and interpersonal and the less submissive they are, the more likely they are to find out (i.e. you know how to cover your tracks etc).
The scene where you get caught cheating is in LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\dating\breakup_cheating.lpscene
You can delete the scene, change the conditions whatever way you want, or just change Random(0, 500) to something like Random(150, 500) and it will be much harder to trigger
It doesn't bother since its a feature, I just wanna know how to avoid it lol.

Also just seeing these new scenes, dear god, man. You're a machine. If you ever set a patreon up please let me know.

Edit: I am also getting fatal erros now too. ): Have tried extracting it on another folder but its still doing it. Was playing just fine yesterday, now this. Any idea what it could be?
Edit 2: Got it working again after installing it on another driver, we'll see how long this lasts.

PlayDat

Sep 18, 2017
Thank you very much Vinfamy, both for the detailed info and flash-fast answer. Keep up the great job! With this kind of modding potential, along with the strangely rare management setting make this game a diamond in the rough! So beat it, cut it and shape it into a 5 star game if you can!
Cheers

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
It doesn't bother since its a feature, I just wanna know how to avoid it lol.

Also just seeing these new scenes, dear god, man. You're a machine. If you ever set a patreon up please let me know.

Edit: I am also getting fatal erros now too. ): Have tried extracting it on another folder but its still doing it. Was playing just fine yesterday, now this. Any idea what it could be?
Edit 2: Got it working again after installing it on another driver, we'll see how long this lasts.
Well, it's a feature, but it's also a key feature of the game to be customizable easily so don't feel guilty about editing things. All scenes are in text files like that so that users can edit/ mod them easily.
I just set up a Patreon last month :). Link in my signature.
Hmm, strange random fatal errors. If it happens again, could you zip and send your C:\Users\{YourUsername}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved to me?

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Well, it's a feature, but it's also a key feature of the game to be customizable easily so don't feel guilty about editing things. All scenes are in text files like that so that users can edit/ mod them easily.
I just set up a Patreon last month :). Link in my signature.
Hmm, strange random fatal errors. If it happens again, could you zip and send your C:\Users\{YourUsername}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved to me?
Sure thing.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017

I'm sure most people would agree that the current character models will need to be replaced sooner or later with more detailed and realistic models in order for the game to reach the next level. These new models can come from either of these two sources:

- The same guy (Manuel Bastioni) that made the original Blender Cycles models that I converted for Unreal Engine - so I can convert them when he's done. However, he hasn't given any indication of a release date for these new models yet.
- Me hiring a professional 3d character artist to make detailed models that are tailor made to the game's needs. Unfortunately, character artists are expensive to hire and my current Patreon at a ~$50 monthly income is still some way off achieving a budget for this.

With both options basically being out of my control and having no estimated date in sight (could easily be 2019 before either becomes a reality), I'm thinking of dedicating the next update v1.11 (which was initially planned to add 'Doctor and Nurse' career path) instead entirely to graphics, an 'intermediate graphical upgrade' if you like:

Obviously, I don't have new models to replace the existing ones yet, but perhaps for the next two weeks, I can work on improving the textures and shaders for skin, eye and hair and post processing effects (especially things like subsurface scattering that mimics how human skin glows a bit pink under sunlight). The overall improvement in graphics wouldn't be huge (because it's still the same models), but should keep people happier in the meantime until the new models come, at which point a more complete graphical overhaul can go ahead.

Alternatively, maybe you prefer that I stick to the original plan of adding more career paths for now, and just continue waiting for Manuel/ funding to have a proper graphical upgrade once and for all some time in the future?

Again, anyone can vote, but to reward my patrons, their votes count more (because votes on Patreon are anonymous, if you're a patron and want your vote to count more, please comment also with what you voted).
Tbh, I take more content over eye candy any day, at least for a sim like game such as this. Maybe better scene backgrounds could add more to atmosphere of game meanwhile waiting for new character models and such.

We got huge maps (and not so huge maps), but we have no real need to go explore these maps or? Had events that a bit more location spesific and such could be nice

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Things are coming together for sure, great work. Only problem is models and animations are terrible still. Have you tried getting any animators from LL to help you? Bad sex animations just lead to bad sex.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Why would I want to compare piles of shit? get off your high horse
Oh, I just figured that because you were such an expert on game development and 3D modelling in order to critique someone building such a massive and multilayered project on their own, that you might be able to maybe show us what you think is wrong with these things and give us an example of you improving them.

Reactions: huhula and AnonF21

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Great game man. Different from most of the adult games around here. Your biggest con is that "graphic issues". Gameplay is not that bad. However, incest is way too easy.. You can intimate with your relative at your first da- no at your first casual hang out. I didn't try NTR since i was playing with female MC but i will later and make sure to comment on it. You can add more interest for people.. For example; likes blonde, kind or likes snob, atletic people. It is easy to seduce anyone. As for job, i have to admit, i had some troubles with interviews since i need to make perfect interview in order to get the job and correct choices were random. But i managed somehow. It was realistic and i am not complaining. Dating or hang out system is ok but some lines are always same. For example; male npc always says that "I should walk you to the home. It's my duty after all" something like that. There is no variaty.

Animations and graphics need to be improved. I think this would enhance game to the another level. Your game has huge potential. I liked it overall. Btw, i am quite happy the characters i made. If you spend some time at character creation. You can make attractive characters after all. But i can use only dark colors since others are looking way too unrealistic. Anyways, Good luck with future updates.

bumsy222

May 3, 2017
Are there any cheats? To increase or decrease stats?
Or some kind of developer menu.

Nevermind , just saw the stat editor in the main menu ....

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes