• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

ninja_finger

Jun 27, 2021
Hmm. Try 'sudo apt install xdg-user-dirs' to install the package that provides the command and then try 'xdg-user-dirs-update --force' again.

Alternatively what is the output of 'echo $PATH' ? (Copy paste preferable.)
Hi thanks for that, so I did the sudo apt command you suggested and it downloaded and did something at least,

I then retried the force command again and it didn't say anything so I don't know if it worked or didn't work this time.

I went to launch it again and I got this:
bash: ./: Is a directory
user@host:~/Downloads/ga/lifeplay$ ./LifePlay.sh
4.20.2-4302132+++UE4+Release-4.20 516 0
Disabling core dumps.

I don't know what an echo path is, is it what I've just sent above?

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, forgot to reply to this one. I haven't tried imported textures. If you point me in the right direction, I could probably give it a try some time later this week.
Missed the quoted message too, and I been asking about it.

I've tried several things, and aside of small overlays (tattoos), nothing sticks to characters.

Basically, I made a custom skin for testing (Frnakenstein) and tried applying the different skin parts to a NPC. They do work... untill you close the window. After opening, the skins are back to default.
Then I tried applying the same skin parts as overlays. Again, the same, gone after closing. Even accepting piece by piece doesn't make them stay, and even after saving right after.
I checked the NPC save files, and they DO are listed on the character data, but the game apparently refuses to load them.

Then I tried new tattoos.
Those did work well, zero problems.

I thought the problem might be the skin/models (since tattoos are applied as overlays) themselves, but neither works.
My only guess is that the skin file sizes are limitedsomewhere in the code, maybe to save space/weight?
A .png of a small tattoo is just some k of size, but a full skin .png is around 12-13 megas...

Jul 28, 2019
Hi thanks for that, so I did the sudo apt command you suggested and it downloaded and did something at least,

I then retried the force command again and it didn't say anything so I don't know if it worked or didn't work this time.

I went to launch it again and I got this:
bash: ./: Is a directory
user@host:~/Downloads/ga/lifeplay$ ./LifePlay.sh
Disabling core dumps.

I don't know what an echo path is, is it what I've just sent above?
'echo $PATH' returns the default locations for your system to look for commands to execute or data to save/load and the order it searches them (lifeplay needs to know where AppData is to save, for example). But it is not needed since it seems that xdg-user-dirs succeeded in setting the directories (since no message saying if failed was returned).

'bash: ./: Is a directory' suggests a syntax problem (probably the $ of lifeplay$), the proper way to deal with it is probably by escaping ( ) but I'm not experienced enough to do it without trial and error. If it is part of a folder name then rename it, else try breaking it down and cd'ing to the lifeplay folder first and then running the .sh.

It takes a little while for for lifeplay to launch for me after the 'Disabling core dumps.' message.

Reactions: ninja_finger

ninja_finger

Jun 27, 2021
'echo $PATH' returns the default locations for your system to look for commands to execute or data to save/load and the order it searches them (lifeplay needs to know where AppData is to save, for example). But it is not needed since it seems that xdg-user-dirs succeeded in setting the directories (since no message saying if failed was returned).

'bash: ./: Is a directory' suggests a syntax problem (probably the $ of lifeplay$), the proper way to deal with it is probably by escaping ( ) but I'm not experienced enough to do it without trial and error. If it is part of a folder name then rename it, else try breaking it down and cd'ing to the lifeplay folder first and then running the .sh.

It takes a little while for for lifeplay to launch for me after the 'Disabling core dumps.' message.
I originally changed the main folder name and just changed it back to what it was when it was first unzipped.

I'm now only getting these 2 lines:
Disabling core dumps.

So that didn't something at least, I'm not sure what you mean by escaping and quoting, and I already am cd'ing till I'm in the location of the .sh if thats what you meant.

Not sure what else to do about the disabling core dumps if I've miss understood something you have suggested.

straydogg

May 9, 2017
dude, little question, if i want use my custom female body, i need place the file in a specific folder? and is posible this apply only to females and males stay normal?
it would go in the Modules file as long as you add _M or _F to it but since the 4.0 they dont seem to be reconized i have about 6 custom in the Modules file myself i just go to edit appearence and change them myself, this ive been looking at for the last 2 weeks, and i dont see them generating into the game, but im not finished lookin at this, could be different on other ppls games. what im trying now is to just have custom bodies in presets I have taken all but age out and put in customs into the rest, ie male ,female, phenotypes,phenotypesdaz, and so on are all been removed, i do believe some one else stated that their custom body doent show up so untill i try out the game with just presets ill have to get bac to ya on that one

Reactions: quarzo
Aug 8, 2017
I originally changed the main folder name and just changed it back to what it was when it was first unzipped.

Disabling core dumps.

So that didn't something at least, I'm not sure what you mean by escaping and quoting, and I already am cd'ing till I'm in the location of the .sh if thats what you meant.

Not sure what else to do about the disabling core dumps if I've miss understood something you have suggested.
What sort of hardware are you trying to run this on? On the Playing on Linux thread you mentioned that you're running Whonix - even if the hardware is fine that distro might be imposing too much overhead.

Jul 28, 2019

Disabling core dumps.

Ah okay, that's all good. I get those two lines as well and then the game launches. Does it quit/return to a prompt (i.e. [user@host]) at that point or just stall?

To follow up on rcbcgreenpanzer what does taskmanager say (cpu, ram utilisation) when you launch the game?

ninja_finger

Jun 27, 2021
What sort of hardware are you trying to run this on? On the Playing on Linux thread you mentioned that you're running Whonix - even if the hardware is fine that distro might be imposing too much overhead.
whoinix is ran in a virtual machine so I'm not fully sure other than I've set it to have 2gb of ram

Ah okay, that's all good. I get those two lines as well and then the game launches. Does it quit/return to a prompt (i.e. [user@host]) at that point or just stall?

To follow up on rcbcgreenpanzer what does taskmanager say (cpu, ram utilisation) when you launch the game?
Nothing seems to happen other than those two lines appear below. I can't find a task manager to check if anything happens, I'm trying to find out now how to get a task manager for my version of linux lol

Aug 8, 2017
whoinix is ran in a virtual machine so I'm not fully sure other than I've set it to have 2gb of ram

Nothing seems to happen other than those two lines appear below. I can't find a task manager to check if anything happens, I'm trying to find out now how to get a task manager for my version of linux lol
Linux task managers: You should have top built in; launch by typing top into a terminal and quit by pressing 'q'. I recommend downloading if you don't already have it as it is great for getting a quick look at how your system's currently doing. (You should be able to install it via apt install htop.)

straydogg

May 9, 2017
it would go in the Modules file as long as you add _M or _F to it but since the 4.0 they dont seem to be reconized i have about 6 custom in the Modules file myself i just go to edit appearence and change them myself, this ive been looking at for the last 2 weeks, and i dont see them generating into the game, but im not finished lookin at this, could be different on other ppls games. what im trying now is to just have custom bodies in presets I have taken all but age out and put in customs into the rest, ie male ,female, phenotypes,phenotypesdaz, and so on are all been removed, i do believe some one else stated that their custom body doent show up so untill i try out the game with just presets ill have to get bac to ya on that one
Nope customs dont even get reconized at all, Removed All, presets,removed the whole fkn file rite outa Base, and it seems that Micheal and Bridget over rule all else,Micheal and Bridget the default bodies, the ones that you see at the opening where you start the game, they are found in the Heavy file, and it seems that the skeleton, which use to be two files in the folder, is now just one in there, unless you change pop, and pop1 (the customs might work there) Default wins every time, had just two customs with no hair just in presets and not a bald male or female in site

Medievalover

Obsessed with thicc women!
Modder
Oct 18, 2020
mlv_Project EVA Banner.jpg

Hey, guys! Here comes a new mod by me and Vima for LifePlay. It evolves around android sex dolls and it also gives a little backstory to it with a lot of cool stuff. Immersive sex scenes, custom characters, custom locations, new stats, new consumables and more... If you are interested, just drop by!

Link for the mod page: Here

Enjoy!​

Fortilicious

Sep 3, 2019
dude, little question, if i want use my custom female body, i need place the file in a specific folder? and is posible this apply only to females and males stay normal?
Your preset only needs to be placed into the Lifeplay\content\modules folder. This should be the default folder it saves to when you make the preset. To load/save presets, you can do it from the top left corner of the screen during Edit appearance.

Fortilicious

Sep 3, 2019
Is there a way to make my character to stick to their clothes ? I have my attire all set up but it gets annoying when the game just randomly put stuffs on my outfit especially when your contact invites you out on a gym and my boi goes naked when he has that gym attire
Your issue is that you have the game default on for auto clothing you for scenes. Cause it's looking for specific clothing in your inventory that you do not have, you wind up naked. Pause the game, go to settings and check the setting for "scene auto-redress"

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
Your preset only needs to be placed into the Lifeplay\content\modules folder. This should be the default folder it saves to when you make the preset. To load/save presets, you can do it from the top left corner of the screen during Edit appearance.
oh no, i dont mean a simple export , i looking for set when spawn a npc, use my presets and not the default ones

shawnnation

Oct 19, 2020
They are included, but they need the module to work! But please, make sure that this module is disabled on your game.
Thank you for the reply, even though they won't appear in game I think it may still be illegal in certain countries to even just have the files. Even if I wouldn't be able to directly access them, so its still a potential risk that concerns me.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ssato243 and quarzo
3.30 star(s) 116 Votes