Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Re-Dress mod

Update 07/12/21:
Fixed an issue preventing the interaction from working correctly on family members.
While attempting to fix a bug in my Re-Dress mod I encountered several API-related issues.

Neither getPerson() nor getSpecific() will return actors that are related to you. This isn't necessarily an issue itself except there's no equivalent functions for relatives specifically where you can do something like getPerson(tag) or getSpecific(id), which means that you ultimately end up having to loop through your relatives with getRelative() trying to find the one that you tagged or with the correct ID.

setActorVar(tag, -1) does not remove the tag from the actor despite what the API docs would have you believe. If you first check for the existence of a tag on an actor with getActorVar(tag) before the tag is actually set, the function returns a value of 0, indicating that tag hasn't been set. If you then set the tag to some other value, and then later set it to -1 in an attempt to remove it, when you check again with getActorVar() you'll see it now returns -1, instead of 0 which is what you'd expect if the tag had been removed. While getPerson(tag) seems to ignore tags set to -1, it seems like the correct thing to do is set the tags to 0 if you intend to loop through actors looking for the existence of the tag.

As an aside, there's also several API functions that exist which have no documentation at all, or existing ones where new parameters were added but the documentation was never updated.

Heart-Productions

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2019
I detest the sex function where you are now forced to use a position that your partner prefers, And if you don't, they aren't hard/wet enough to go faster. I just want to pick the animation I like most and ramp up the speed on it. I haven't seen an option to disable this function. Can this function be disabled? and if so, how?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I detest the sex function where you are now forced to use a position that your partner prefers, And if you don't, they aren't hard/wet enough to go faster. I just want to pick the animation I like most and ramp up the speed on it. I haven't seen an option to disable this function. Can this function be disabled? and if so, how?
There's no way to outright disable it, but you could play around with the values in LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Stats\SexPreferences for the different positions/fetishes, or prone_to_orgasm to affect all of them. STAT_MIN and STAT_MAX are the fields you'd want to modify

The fatal error problem was solved 2 updates ago.
You need to get rid of old saves unfortunately.
I don't have any saves that old but I still get it sometimes when starting the game before it gets to the main menu. None of my saves are from before 4.4

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart-Productions

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
You can always go faster if you want, but your partners might not like it. :p

You can also edit your partners stats easily (to make them like everything), but Likes it Rough is the stat that control speed IIRC.
As Grim said, you can change everyone's Rough stat, or just do it for each partner (unless it's event sex)

Deadmeataru

Feb 24, 2020
You can always go faster if you want, but your partners might not like it. :p

You can also edit your partners stats easily (to make them like everything), but Likes it Rough is the stat that control speed IIRC.
As Grim said, you can change everyone's Rough stat, or just do it for each partner (unless it's event sex)
on that note, do their likes change as you do things? I mean, besides perversion/S&M and the ones linked to the perks you've chosen. I'd like to increase a partner's like of missionary for instance, does using missionary-even if your partner doesn't like it-eventually increase their like of it? yes, I know I can just go in and edit their stats but as this is a grind game I'd rather see some results from the grind. and this is kind of important, I have several poly lovers for my Female main, they essentially don't like ANYTHING in the sex moves (even with a strapon) that can get them to cum before their pathetic energy pool completely drains

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
on that note, do their likes change as you do things? I mean, besides perversion/S&M and the ones linked to the perks you've chosen. I'd like to increase a partner's like of missionary for instance, does using missionary-even if your partner doesn't like it-eventually increase their like of it?
Not sure honestly, but maybe. When you analize them, if their perversion is low, your character thinks "I can teach them a thing or two (about sex)", so maybe is not just perversion-up.
You can raise their perversion with events and items, which is key to unlock scenes, and get more sexual positions.
You might try hanging out with them, and do "boring" stuff in different places; for example, go to gym (with a date) and check if there's an option to excercise with them (I never tried, but there are options like that on other places) to raise fitness, etc.
Also, use gifts. Again, not sure, but the gifts you get have stat-raising effects, maybe is the same for them.
(any modder can confirm?)

yes, I know I can just go in and edit their stats but as this is a grind game I'd rather see some results from the grind. and this is kind of important, I have several poly lovers for my Female main, they essentially don't like ANYTHING in the sex moves (even with a strapon) that can get them to cum before their pathetic energy pool completely drains
Many consider stat-editing a cheat. I don't think so.
Lifeplay is not exactly a game, it's more of a "build your fantasy and enjoy" rather than "play to achieve X".
Editing options for pretty much everything is a kind of way of balancing the lack of certain aspects/content while the Dev keeps building stuff.

Anyways, yeah, RNG can be a bitch sometimes, and the NPC you like most, it has the worst stats or different sex/gender tastes. Much like in RL lol!
Again, edit the heck of them, or change one or two stats, and see if you can carry on from there. Or do the inverse, if a character has great stats but you don't like their aspect, edit their looks, which is a less cheaty way.

In any case, you bring good points, which might be good ideas.
Simple events to raise different stats: watch not only a pervvy movie, but one specfic of X sex stat (missionary, doggy, etc).
Or rent movies/documentaries, like how to cook, dancing classes etc.
Might actually be interesting to add a "rent a movie" option to a sex shop, or better create a "Blockbuster" type of shop, where you can rent/buy different types of movies. Gift them away, and they raise the desired stat, or watch 'em as a regular action.
Which leads to excellent opportunities for kinky events in the place itself.
Sounds doable since a simple stat raise is easy to code, and there's a lot of shop made by modders.

straydogg

May 9, 2017
when playing press Esc, bringup where u can save, go to settings, waaay at the bottom it says AI Only Suggests, and put a check mark in it and u have full command to what ever pose ya pick

Reactions: Heart-Productions

MrMike

May 3, 2018
Hi, i have a Problem with Faster Children aging (set in Settings much higher to make them Grow up faster)... It doesnt Stop at the desired Full Age (e.g. 18 or whatever set in the age.lpstat
Does anyone have that too? Its annoying and dont know how to stop/fix that.
I want them normal aging when they have reached the desired Full Age.

Ok, figured it out. Was setting the Agingscale too high it seems.

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Anyone know if Vinfamy has uploaded the source for 4.0+ anywhere? The one linked in his github is 3.19

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes