SmanMax

Sep 2, 2019
I spend more time than I like to think about just going over scenes and rewriting them, lol...

I did a huge revamp of the entire 'Transformation' start files, making it broader in scope (the text used to assume 'male to female,' and I've made it more open-ended), and offering 'hang time' between your initial character creation and the moment where the transformation takes place. There's also two different routes to transformation...kind of barebones at the moment, but which I will probably flesh out into distinct paths. Maybe a 'mad science' serum route and a magical ritual or spell route or something. Right now one trigger is based on a specific named action you can take after a few simple requirements are met, and the other is a randomly occuring chance to proc when taking the 'masturbate' action at home at night. Easy enough to change those around though.

The sex scene dialogue is fortunately much easier to edit, since it's in separate files that don't have any real 'coding' in them.

If I had unlimited time and patience, I'd want to give it a kind of 'Mass Effectian' style set of options on scene decisions, with each scene branching based on the broad personality 'type' you're selecting for. Not HARD to do, but very time consuming. Maybe even have your choice increment some kind of global variable or attribute that could then inform what kind of random events spawn, or what kind of reaction dialogue your character has.

It's a fairly versatile, if threadbare, framework. It's just barely fleshed in at all.

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
I spend more time than I like to think about just going over scenes and rewriting them, lol...

I did a huge revamp of the entire 'Transformation' start files, making it broader in scope (the text used to assume 'male to female,' and I've made it more open-ended), and offering 'hang time' between your initial character creation and the moment where the transformation takes place. There's also two different routes to transformation...kind of barebones at the moment, but which I will probably flesh out into distinct paths. Maybe a 'mad science' serum route and a magical ritual or spell route or something. Right now one trigger is based on a specific named action you can take after a few simple requirements are met, and the other is a randomly occuring chance to proc when taking the 'masturbate' action at home at night. Easy enough to change those around though.

The sex scene dialogue is fortunately much easier to edit, since it's in separate files that don't have any real 'coding' in them.

If I had unlimited time and patience, I'd want to give it a kind of 'Mass Effectian' style set of options on scene decisions, with each scene branching based on the broad personality 'type' you're selecting for. Not HARD to do, but very time consuming. Maybe even have your choice increment some kind of global variable or attribute that could then inform what kind of random events spawn, or what kind of reaction dialogue your character has.

It's a fairly versatile, if threadbare, framework. It's just barely fleshed in at all.
I've been going through my scene files and doing this very thing. Tweaking the smaller scenes and trying to make more complex choices/dialog for a more immersive and entertaining playthrough. Personally, I think Vinfamy should make fleshing out these scenes one of his options for his patreon or at the very least doing it when that fetish wins the votes. That's one of the biggest drawbacks to this game, is its shallowness. Quick random scenes and that's it.

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020

You should share your edited files here or on the discord. Seems like at least a few people do this already. I know I'd try and help contribute to the writing if it was more collective like that

Reactions: frillynonsense

xyzman

Jul 4, 2019
Not yet. Although I will probably implement first person camera option next month.

You mean the archive is corrupted? Someone from LoversLab had the same problem from downloading it from Mega - but the second time he downloads it (still from Mega), it was fine.
I had similar problems when using JDownloader with Mega. The downloaded file was ok, when I used 7zip to extract it and not the auto-extract from JDownloader, it worked.

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
When writing a scene if I use the actor.dress() command it usually loads random stuff. For example, I have a character wearing a criminal face mask in their own house or a net top that shows their tits at the kitchen table. I know that there's a command for dressExecpt() but is there any way to dress a character without looking like a slut convention is in town or that their trying to burglarize their own home. As in normal regular casual clothes? No criminal masks, slutty tops, etc.? Or would I have to individually select each article of clothing and put it in with the dress() command?

SmanMax

Sep 2, 2019
You can tag 'types' of clothes, I know. For example, the job interview scene uses a tag that specifies 'business' clothes, and if you don't have any in your inventory you show up naked.

You know, like in real life.

Tee hee.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
How do you start the "make thrall"-thing? When I hypnotize someone, the only choices I get is to make them like you more or to become more attracted to me.
The way I intended it to go is to choose option 'Hypnotize / Enthrall' (not just 'Hypnotize', that's the original interaction I based my mod from) from the interaction menue of your current companion. Left click on your current companion, choose the interaction, profit.
If this does not appear as an interaction I might have effed up the mod file structure... as an alternative, try to put the *.lpscene files to \LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_NonConsensual\Scenes, and the *.lpaction files to \LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_NonConsensual\Interactions. My stuff does not overwrite anything from the base content, so no risk of breaking other mods or the vanilla game.

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
When writing a scene if I use the actor.dress() command it usually loads random stuff. For example, I have a character wearing a criminal face mask in their own house or a net top that shows their tits at the kitchen table. I know that there's a command for dressExecpt() but is there any way to dress a character without looking like a slut convention is in town or that their trying to burglarize their own home. As in normal regular casual clothes? No criminal masks, slutty tops, etc.? Or would I have to individually select each article of clothing and put it in with the dress() command?
You can specify clothing like.
Maid.dress(French-Maid-Skirt_1_F, French-Maid-Stockings_1_F)
NerdMale.dress(Grumpy-Bow-Tie_1, Grumpy-Pants_1, Grumpy-Shirt_1, Grumpy-Shoes_1, Grumpy-Socks_1, Grumpy-Vest_1, Glasses_2)

Player.dressUniform(work)
"Office Work"
Player.dressUniform(nightclub)
"Nightclub"
Player.dressUniform(Library)
"Library"
Player.dressUniform(Hotel)
"Hotel"
Player.dressUniform(Convenience)
"Convenience"
Player.dressUniform(Car)
"Car" "mechanic"
Player.dressUniform(Restaurant)
"Restaurant"
Player.dressUniform(Fast_food)
"Fast_food"
Player.dressUniform(Butcher)
"Butcher"
Player.dressUniform(Biergarten)
"Biergarten" "Oktoberfest"
Player.dressUniform(Computer)
"Computer"
Player.dressUniform(Doctor)
"Doctor" "White coat"
Player.dressUniform(Nurse)
"Nurse"
Player.dressUniform(Marketplace)
"Marketplace"
Player.dressUniform(Place_of_worship)
"Place_of_worship" "Nun" "Priest"
Player.dressUniform(Police)
"Police"
Player.dressUniform(Prison)
"Prison" "Orange jump suit"
Player.dressUniform(Sexwork)
"Sexwork"
Player.dressUniform(Sports)
"Sports" "hoodeys mostly"
Player.dressUniform(Crime)
"Crime" "ski mask"
Player.dressUniform(Wedding)
"Wedding"

Reactions: Satyr90

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
You can specify clothing like.
Maid.dress(French-Maid-Skirt_1_F, French-Maid-Stockings_1_F)
NerdMale.dress(Grumpy-Bow-Tie_1, Grumpy-Pants_1, Grumpy-Shirt_1, Grumpy-Shoes_1, Grumpy-Socks_1, Grumpy-Vest_1, Glasses_2)
I'm familiar with this and I've done stuff like this in my game. My only complaint with this style is that I've no idea what they look like until the scene loads. So, it's very tedious to do it this way just to have a casual look.

Player.dressUniform(work)
"Office Work"
Player.dressUniform(nightclub)
"Nightclub"
Player.dressUniform(Library)
"Library"
Player.dressUniform(Hotel)
"Hotel"
Player.dressUniform(Convenience)
"Convenience"
Player.dressUniform(Car)
"Car" "mechanic"
Player.dressUniform(Restaurant)
"Restaurant"
Player.dressUniform(Fast_food)
"Fast_food"
Player.dressUniform(Butcher)
"Butcher"
Player.dressUniform(Biergarten)
"Biergarten" "Oktoberfest"
Player.dressUniform(Computer)
"Computer"
Player.dressUniform(Doctor)
"Doctor" "White coat"
Player.dressUniform(Nurse)
"Nurse"
Player.dressUniform(Marketplace)
"Marketplace"
Player.dressUniform(Place_of_worship)
"Place_of_worship" "Nun" "Priest"
Player.dressUniform(Police)
"Police"
Player.dressUniform(Prison)
"Prison" "Orange jump suit"
Player.dressUniform(Sexwork)
"Sexwork"
Player.dressUniform(Sports)
"Sports" "hoodeys mostly"
Player.dressUniform(Crime)
"Crime" "ski mask"
Player.dressUniform(Wedding)
"Wedding"
Is there anything for a causal look? As in they're just hanging out at home or something? This list will be very useful in the future when I'm creating new scenes, but is there more to this? Is there a full list somewhere or is this the full list?

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
I'm familiar with this and I've done stuff like this in my game. My only complaint with this style is that I've no idea what they look like until the scene loads. So, it's very tedious to do it this way just to have a casual look.
I usually go to buy apparel and find the outfits I like write down and check LifePlay\Content\Heavy\Clothes4 for names

Is there anything for a causal look? As in they're just hanging out at home or something? This list will be very useful in the future when I'm creating new scenes, but is there more to this? Is there a full list somewhere or is this the full list?
Sadly that is the list.

Reactions: Satyr90

halleluja10

Jan 8, 2020
The way I intended it to go is to choose option 'Hypnotize / Enthrall' (not just 'Hypnotize', that's the original interaction I based my mod from) from the interaction menue of your current companion. Left click on your current companion, choose the interaction, profit.
If this does not appear as an interaction I might have effed up the mod file structure... as an alternative, try to put the *.lpscene files to \LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_NonConsensual\Scenes, and the *.lpaction files to \LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_NonConsensual\Interactions. My stuff does not overwrite anything from the base content, so no risk of breaking other mods or the vanilla game.
OK, putting the files into vin_NonConsensual did the trick!

Thanks for your help, and of course for the mod

Reactions: The Grifter

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
So, I ran into another small problem. I was creating new scenes with the setActorVar() command and giving specific actors tags so I can set them up for following scenes. However, I realized that if a character starts a relationship with their family member using the incest_relationship.lpscene then all the tags will go away. When I looked into the scene, I found that the author clones the original actor then deletes the original, leaving the clone to play the game. Apparently, the Tags aren't getting copied over when they clone the original actor. So, my question, is there any way to clone Tags in this game or somehow transfer them to a different character? The only work around I can think of would be checking the original actor for all the tags I handed out then make sure if the original actor has them, then I could assign them to the clone. But I was looking for an easier, less time-consuming way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GrabberWalkie

Jul 9, 2020
Join the discord and post your ideas in the kotm channel. I got a good chunk of my ideas added that I posted there. We'll see how many of my lesbian ideas get added too. Although I'm not sure when the next trans update will be since it's relatively small in terms of voting. Keep an eye out next time ;)
I actually am on the discord, and did make suggestions, but so far, none (on any of the topics, or even the game in general) seemed to have been implemented, or even commented upon. :cautious:

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
I actually am on the discord, and did make suggestions, but so far, none (on any of the topics, or even the game in general) seemed to have been implemented, or even commented upon. :cautious:
Oh, well I'm sorry your ideas were overlooked. What ideas did you have in mind?

SmanMax

Sep 2, 2019
So, I ran into another small problem. I was creating new scenes with the setActorVar() command and giving specific actors tags so I can set them up for following scenes. However, I realized that if a character starts a relationship with their family member using the incest_relationship.lpscene then all the tags will go away. When I looked into the scene, I found that the author clones the original actor then deletes the original, leaving the clone to play the game. Apparently, the Tags aren't getting copied over when they clone the original actor. So, my question, is there any way to clone Tags in this game or somehow transfer them to a different character? The only work around I can think of would be checking the original actor for all the tags I handed out then make sure if the original actor has them, then I could assign them to the clone. But I was looking for an easier, less time-consuming way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah, when you enter into a dating relationship with a family member, this odd thing happens where they are cloned as 'ex family' and the original character is deleted. I'm not sure why that is, exactly...it'd be interesting to remove that function and see if it messes anything up. I speculate it might be because a character can only have one Relationship tag though. That is, the game can't recognize a DATING relationship *and* a family relationship in a single character.

As for your question, I think any tags you set would have to be manually conveyed to the clone in the script...you could in theory use a series of 'if' statements that scan the original character's tag states, and 'then' statements that plug any detected tags onto the clone.

But you'd have to do it separately for each possible tag, so if you have a big list, it'd be a lot of scripting.

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
"easier, less time-consuming way" does not exist in coding.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes