Apr 23, 2018
I have a question related to console commands. Are they normally deactivated? Because I hit the insert button and put in a few commands to see if it was working like player.dress(), but nothing works when I put it in the bar. So either console commands are starting off deactivated or something else is wrong.

MGUltimate

Dec 12, 2021
I have a question related to console commands. Are they normally deactivated? Because I hit the insert button and put in a few commands to see if it was working like player.dress(), but nothing works when I put it in the bar. So either console commands are starting off deactivated or something else is wrong.
It only works for scenes, not stuff like that.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Any chance of getting a Harem mod?
That's essentially what the poly addon is. It's not like your SO is gonna go dating everyone they see with it enabled. I've only ever had a spouse try to get one single shared girlfriend with that mod enabled. Otherwise it really just lets you date however many people you want and unlocks a few poly/harem scenes

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
That's essentially what the poly addon is. It's not like your SO is gonna go dating everyone they see with it enabled. I've only ever had a spouse try to get one single shared girlfriend with that mod enabled. Otherwise it really just lets you date however many people you want and unlocks a few poly/harem scenes
No, it's not. Poly-whatever is not a harem. Let's put aside original meaning (female part of house in Islamic countries), harem as its understand among Europeans (and North Americans) is arrangement of living between one polygamous man and his wives, concubines. Poly-whatever is just permanent swinging arrangement.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
No, it's not. Poly-whatever is not a harem. Let's put aside original meaning (female part of house in Islamic countries), harem as its understand among Europeans (and North Americans) is arrangement of living between one polygamous man and his wives, concubines. Poly-whatever is just permanent swinging arrangement.
I didn't say poly was harem, I said this game's poly addon is essentially a harem add on. The only thing the poly add on does is let you date or marry multiple characters, and adds a few scenes that are for the most part really closer to harem in theme than poly. Your partner isn't going to be dating other people or cheating on you with that module enabled unless you want them to, so it's barely a poly mod. On the other hand there's not really any feature a harem mod would need that isn't already in the poly one. The mod would be redundant since its features are already available in a different add on.

MGUltimate

Dec 12, 2021
Yeah, poly mod can be harem if you don't say for yours to do anything. Sometimes they'll even suggest someone to add - a woman if you are male and straight.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I didn't say poly was harem, I said this game's poly addon is essentially a harem add on.
But it's not. It's mod for open relationship. It contains scenes where for example your girlfriend invites other bf for dinner, and you can cook for them, and watch. Also, there is another where she goes off etc... (Whenever new version is released, I check all the scenes).

Your partner isn't going to be dating other people or cheating on you with that module enabled unless you want them to, so it's barely a poly mod.
I know it can be avoided, but for example, you have to avoid spamming of couples inviting you to dinner and suggesting threesome and poly...whatever.... Also, avoiding to organize poly party...
But why? This is a game where scenes randomly pop-up. And you can't disable those two without disabling entire mod. If you don't disable them, you get spammed to death.

On the other hand there's not really any feature a harem mod would need that isn't already in the poly one. The mod would be redundant since its features are already available in a different add on.
"Polyamory" add-on barely has any features besides enabling multiple relationships and unlocking new set of poping up scenes. Besides, I don't really get what's your point. I said this is not harem mod, not demanding separate add-on. If I remember correctly, somebody wanted to make real harem mod, but that user is not active anymore.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
But it's not. It's mod for open relationship. It contains scenes where for example your girlfriend invites other bf for dinner, and you can cook for them, and watch. Also, there is another where she goes off etc... (Whenever new version is released, I check all the scenes).
I haven't had a single partner get a boyfriend in my entire play time. Hell I haven't even had a single one even ask to get a boyfriend. I've had a wife suggest a new girlfriend my MC but that's basically a harem themed scene.
I know the MFM sharing/swinging scenes exist but you aren't going to have to work to avoid them. If anything you'd probably have to work to get them. Just because a scene is there doesn't mean you have to see it.
It has all the features you need for a harem mod, just avoid the content you don't want.
I know it can be avoided, but for example, you have to avoid spamming of couples inviting you to dinner and suggesting threesome and poly...whatever.... Also, avoiding to organize poly party...
But why? This is a game where scenes randomly pop-up. And you can't disable those two without disabling entire mod. If you don't disable them, you get spammed to death.
I play with event frequency at max and I don't have to fight off threesome couples that often.
Is it that hard to not click on the organize poly party button?
Besides, I don't really get what's your point. I said this is not harem mod, not demanding separate add-on.
:HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain:
Read the comment I was quoting that you originally responded to. It was a discussion of someone asking for a harem mod and I pointed out the features would be redundant because of an existing add on. The real question is, what is your point? You're just being argumentative and pedantic.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I know the MFM sharing/swinging scenes exist but you aren't going to have to work to avoid them. If anything you'd probably have to work to get them. Just because a scene is there doesn't mean you have to see it.
That's actually main defect of this game. After five years of development there is no effective way to toggle some annoying scenes. Supposedly, we can reset the timer, but it doesn't work well. I don't have in mind just scenes from polly mod, but other scenes as well (eg when you sleep you get you got scenes with neighbourgh or sibling noise, boring day, gossip at work)... Only effective way is to go and delete it. But since developer doesn't filter just new content in updates, it's repetitive task (do it again every ten days).

just avoid the content you don't want.
Yes, I know it, but it doesn't makes this "almost exclusively harem". It's like having pizza and burgers in same restaurant. If you don't like pizza, it's easy not to buy, and avoid. But that restaurant is not "almost exclusively burger shop"... Somewhat crude analogy, but it illustrative enough.

I play with event frequency at max and I don't have to fight off threesome couples that often.
Is it that hard to not click on the organize poly party button?
To be honest, yes it's annoying. Like refusing all the other youtube scenes, see above.
Read the comment I was quoting that you originally responded to. It was a discussion of someone asking for a harem mod and I pointed out the features would be redundant because of an existing add on.
This game is full of redundant randomly triggering scenes. There are quite few example where you have two or three scenes with basically same scenario. Not to talk about dozens of variations of same sex animation. Hell, redundancy is guaranteed with Patreon polls. But I digress.

The real question is, what is your point?
Commenting some things in game I don't like.
You're just being argumentative and pedantic.
Meh. What's this supposed to mean?

• Angry
Reactions: PhazeUFO

SmanMax

Sep 2, 2019
It is possible to go into the Modules folder, find the offending scenes and actions, and delete them. That stops them from happening.

Hard cold reality; the game doesn't do a 'harem' scenario according to your exacting specific definition. Which is not to imply your definition is wrong by any means. It's just something that's not in the game. The closest thing to it is polyamry. That's not the same thing, but it is the closest thing. If you go into the Polyamory module and arduously scan through the scenes, you will eventually find the specific ones you hate and you can then excise them. You can even find the 'organize poly party' action and delete that, and it will no longer even be on the menu.

It's not ideal for what you want, but it's what's in the game right now.

It would be possible to create custom scripts for what you want, but...not easily. The scripting in Life Play is a bit tiresome, especially when you want branching options that involve similar subroutines. You have to laboriously reprint the subroutines every time they're called, instead of being able to set it aside and just call it from where it is and return to the function that called it. I'm doing a bad job describing it, but basically it's just really cumbersome, lol.

But not impossible. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: Thermophob
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes