Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I don't think that's right. Pretty sure "after market" modification is a right guaranteed by law. Someone can't make a condition of use be you won't modify the product. They can't even say you can't distribute your modifications.
Lol, of course they can. That's whole point of Copy rights.... Publisher retains rights of distribution (and modification).
... Try to offer your own modification Windows or MacOSX for download, you will be sued to death.
That being said, under the license of LifePlay, Raddeck has to publish source code of his works:

LifePlay is licensed under the
GNU Affero General Public License v3.0

Permissions of this strongest copyleft license are conditioned on making available complete source code of licensed works and modifications, which include larger works using a licensed work, under the same license. Copyright and license notices must be preserved. Contributors provide an express grant of patent rights. When a modified version is used to provide a service over a network, the complete source code of the modified version must be made available.

jkstfs123

Sep 27, 2018
and modification
I don't think so. There's a thing called "exhaustion doctrine". It a legal principle that declares your rights for certain controls are "exhausted" once you distribute to public. Whether you sell as a product or release as open source it does not matter. You just don't have any legal right to exert the control anymore. It's what enables things like the second hand market to exist and it's also what enables after market modification. Copyright does not cover modification. As the name implies, it only covers making copies.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I don't think so. There's a thing called "exhaustion doctrine". It a legal principle that declares your rights for certain controls are "exhausted" once you distribute to public. Whether you sell as a product or release as open source it does not matter. You just don't have any legal right to exert the control anymore. It's what enables things like the second hand market to exist and it's also what enables after market modification. Copyright does not cover modification. As the name implies, it only covers making copies.
Go, and publish your own modified Windows 10, and wait few minutes. ;)

Reactions: Coomer341

jkstfs123

Sep 27, 2018
I never said you could publish a modified Windows 10. I said you could publish a mod for Windows 10. You do not need to ask permission to mod something or distribute that mod. You do not need to ask Ford for permission to mod a car they built. You do not need to ask Sony for permission to mod the Playstation they built. And if they try to say "It's a condition of sale that you will never modify this" the law says they can't. They lost the right to have complete and absolute control the second they decided to release to public. They have limited rights, e.g. copyright and patent protection. Neither of those forbid modification.

Reactions: feelotraveller

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I never said you could publish a modified Windows 10. I said you could publish a mod for Windows 10. You do not need to ask permission to mod something or distribute that mod.
Mod is short for modification. You certainly can hack a Windows, but under the terms of EULA (at least for versions before 10), further distribution (copying) is prohibited. That's why I don't use it (any version of Windows).
That being said,I don't think anybody here is advocate of proprietary software in general or M$ in particular.

Reactions: Coomer341

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I never said you could publish a modified Windows 10. I said you could publish a mod for Windows 10. You do not need to ask permission to mod something or distribute that mod. You do not need to ask Ford for permission to mod a car they built. You do not need to ask Sony for permission to mod the Playstation they built. And if they try to say "It's a condition of sale that you will never modify this" the law says they can't. They lost the right to have complete and absolute control the second they decided to release to public. They have limited rights, e.g. copyright and patent protection. Neither of those forbid modification.
Mod is short for modification. You certainly can hack a Windows, but under the terms of EULA (at least for versions before 10), further distribution (copying) is prohibited. That's why I don't use it (any version of Windows).
That being said,I don't think anybody here is advocate of proprietary software in general or M$ in particular.
From what I remember, the tl;dr for modding is : it's allowed when the Copyright owner denies it, which can be for everyone (like in EULA) or case by case for certain projects.

Coomer341

Apr 20, 2020
No one can add to Windows OS unless it explicitly stated or a new operating system entirely. :/

Reactions: Thermophob

freaksnake

Sep 22, 2018
Today while playing the game i noticed that every professional clothes was replaced by the doctor/nurse ones. If i go in the pub for example, the bartender's clothes is the doctor's one. Anyone know how to fix this?
I already tried to replace the "uniform.txt" file in Modules, thinking that was corrupted in some way.
If i load an older save, or i start a new game, all clothes are fine... can it be a savefile problem?
Anyone with my same problem?

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
No one is gonna help me in this ?
Try moving the game to another location or running it as admin. It's possibly a permissions issue. The game needs to write some files to the game folder whenever a new NPC gets added and it might not be able to where you have it currently.

SoulBurner77

Jul 20, 2018
Today while playing the game i noticed that every professional clothes was replaced by the doctor/nurse ones. If i go in the pub for example, the bartender's clothes is the doctor's one. Anyone know how to fix this?
I already tried to replace the "uniform.txt" file in Modules, thinking that was corrupted in some way.
If i load an older save, or i start a new game, all clothes are fine... can it be a savefile problem?
Anyone with my same problem?
Are you using any mods?

brigade29

Apr 17, 2019
Try moving the game to another location or running it as admin. It's possibly a permissions issue. The game needs to write some files to the game folder whenever a new NPC gets added and it might not be able to where you have it currently.
that fixes it thank you alot mate

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
426.jpg

Windows (64-bit):
- - - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -

Update Only: (requires v4.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit):
- - - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -

Change Log:
- This is a Kink of the Month update focusing on Missionary (paul Ince...). For full change log, check out the F95 forum thread OP or Docs/Change_Logs.txt inside your game folder.
- The rest of patrons' commissions for January (i.e. all the animations)

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
View attachment 1660667

Windows (64-bit):
- - MEGA - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - MEGA - -
Linux:
- - MEGA - -

Update Only: (requires v4.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit):
- - MEGA - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - MEGA - -
Linux:
- - MEGA - -

Change Log:
- This is a Kink of the Month update focusing on Missionary (paul Ince...). For full change log, check out the F95 forum thread OP or Docs/Change_Logs.txt inside your game folder.
- The rest of patrons' commissions for January (i.e. all the animations)
Vinfamy ctf_jan04_cms Line 57 missing ["] at end.
Vinfamy ctf_jan03_cms Line 26 Remove the Extra ["] at end.
Vinfamy sr_fso_netorasemassage_cms Not sure if this is a bug or not but I feel that Line 38 Sex(Player, Actor) should be Sex(Player, Actor2, Actor)
Vinfamy voyeur_neighbor_cms
Line 4: change Actor.isInterestedInPlayer() to Actor.isInterestedIn(Player)
Line 51: missing ["] at end. Line 94 missing ["] at end.
Line 130: change [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend"] to [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend>]
Vinfamy double_date_cms
Line 9: missing ["] at end.
Line 93: change [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend"] to [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend>]
Line 126: missing ["] at end. Line 134 change [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend"] to [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend>]
Vinfamy family_peeps_dating Line 90 missing ["] at end.
Vinfamy family_sugar_alternative Line 72 remove 'timeout(100, family_sugar_alternative)'

PhadarSolo

Sep 12, 2017
Vinfamy ctf_jan04_cms Line 57 missing ["] at end.
Vinfamy ctf_jan03_cms Line 26 Remove the Extra ["] at end.
Vinfamy sr_fso_netorasemassage_cms Not sure if this is a bug or not but I feel that Line 38 Sex(Player, Actor) should be Sex(Player, Actor2, Actor)
Vinfamy voyeur_neighbor_cms
Line 4: change Actor.isInterestedInPlayer() to Actor.isInterestedIn(Player)
Line 51: missing ["] at end. Line 94 missing ["] at end.
Line 130: change [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend"] to [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend>]
Vinfamy double_date_cms
Line 9: missing ["] at end.
Line 93: change [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend"] to [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend>]
Line 126: missing ["] at end. Line 134 change [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend"] to [<Actor2.boyfriend_or_girlfriend>]
Vinfamy family_peeps_dating Line 90 missing ["] at end.
Vinfamy family_sugar_alternative Line 72 remove 'timeout(100, family_sugar_alternative)'
Vinfamy: double_date_cms is also missing a ["] at the end of line 86, and change [<Actor1.his_her>] to [<Actor1.his_or_her>] on line 149.

Last edited:

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Just curious, do we have to download each new update for the game to be fixed from any bugs or can we just download an update and get it all the fixes that has been made up to that point?

Also, can you skip updates and still get the content without having to download the entire program again?

Goibniu

Aug 5, 2016
Just curious, do we have to download each new update for the game to be fixed from any bugs or can we just download an update and get it all the fixes that has been made up to that point?

Also, can you skip updates and still get the content without having to download the entire program again?
I've been only using the updates since 4.0 and have skipped releases in between without any apparent issues. Just updated from .21 to .26 and aside from forgetting all the hotkeys i see no issues.

Reactions: Raknor
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes