PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
True, but at least I will maybe receive some cash for the time I spend for creating mods.

Doesn't mean to appropriate someone else works. Read the law! And it's about respect between modders.
I have no problem if someone modify my works for a private use.

Anyway the subject is closed, all my mods have been removed from Github.
Not sure about patreon's rules, but mods always seemed like something that could get the patreon shutdown for, as you are so blasted about, copyright.
Think as you wish,

The big question is this:
Why have 50 versions of a mod, if the creator of this mod is still active and able to make the necessary changes or add content?
Personally, I'd rather have a mod that is as functional and complete as possible than having to dig through each of the 49 other copied mods to see the differences and then add them to the first mod.

It has nothing to do with copyrights, it's more a question of respect and I don't see the point of making 50 versions of the same mod!

I reserved the next content/fixes of my mods to my Patrons.
There will always be free mods but their contents/versions will be different.

Also, Ravenger6660 have made his apologies and were accepted!
You seem to be changing things now. First it was respect, then it was copyright, now it is not wanting tons of versions and respect. If someone has a specific want, they will just mod something. If a mod has most of what they want, they will mod that. If everyone was as selfish as you seem to be, there would be such little progress as you can see in the cyber-sec world a lot of the tools seem to be based off someone else's work. Sure they credit them, but they still partially use them or are inspired by them.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I made a suggestion for the lesbian update, and what was supposed to be a situational thing (woman is trying to seduce your SO, you ignore it because wife is straight) turned into a generic encourage or discourage scene. I get that the encourage or discourage options are there for player choice, but it kind of deflates the whole context for the suggestion.
Yeah, it's pretty easy to spot which are Vin's kinks lol
Bah, or at least that's what I think.
Some specific kinks are well developed, while others are just generic "encourage-discourage" as you say.
But then -again-, luckily he made the system easily moddable. Sort of "Ok, I don't care about this, but here's a base you can work on", which is actually loable. Most devs just focus on a couple things, and there's zero chance you have the minimal option of adding or expanding something without doing a heavy mod.

I have been making a bunch of custom skins, is there some limit on how many the game can handle?
Not sure, but I had troubles too.
I think there's a limit on each image file. If the image (say, a png) is too heavy, it loads but doesn't sticks around (switchs back to default). Which is a pity, because you can do a lot of things with croppable pngs.
Tattoos for example, are small, and light (basically, it's just the tattoo cropped in the image). But if you do a skin, which covers the whole model, it gets really heavy and doesn't loads.
Then, I had some resolution problems, like skins resized (I assume automatically) to smaller scale.

Best trick I could find, is to use the celebrity skins as base. Open one, do whatever you want on top (so you have the exact size), then delete the celebrity base.

I tried adjusting the difficulty, but found only 2 limitations: no repeat action (which does not work) and a difficulty scale that only affects the grind. I'll try to keep the perversion of the NPC to a minimum, but of course it's inconvenient to do this with everyone you meet.
Unfortunately, Perversion alone is becoming insufficient.
Low perversion means they don't like anything. High perversion means they like everything.
If you set perversion high in the preset or preferences, then everyone becomes a poly-bestiality-incest-cuck-rape-necro-xeno degenerate lol

Your best bet might be setting a mildly-low perversion (say, around 35-40), and grind a bit (usually, scenes start having chance of triggering around 40+) as a preset stat. Then adjust on NPCs you're really interested.
Then you can always delete the scenes that don't work for you.
For example, I deleted all the files of spiking someone else drink. I fucking hate the idea and really annoys me to have the scenes popping on.

But yeah, perversion is falling short as stat to deal with several kinks or personalities/interactions.

Surprised by your answer "I don't have troubles getting related to very beautiful people". Apparently it's a cultural difference. In Eastern Europe, beautiful girl will scream and call the police if an ugly guy tries to seduce her. The same goes for oral and anal sex. In the discord, the anons replied that any woman would agree to this. But in reality, one woman will be ready for anal on the first date, and the other, at best, will jerk off on the fifth.
I'm from Argentina.
Everyone acts prude, then goes perv when nobody else sees. But everyone talks with everyone about what they did, it's hilarious.
Oral is practically a sport or hobby. Anal is more of a choice, not something common, but acceptable on a established couple.
And is not a matter of being ugly, is a matter of attitude and looks, which is different.
You could be as much of a pretty boy you want, but if you look bad, you're done.

Reactions: bloodbus

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Why have 50 versions of a mod, if the creator of this mod is still active and able to make the necessary changes or add content?
Personally, I'd rather have a mod that is as functional and complete as possible than having to dig through each of the 49 other copied mods to see the differences and then add them to the first mod.

Dude.
There's no need to get that pissed off, honestly.

With your same argument, Vin could say the same.
"why have 50 mods? Send them to me, I'll add them"

You're making a mod (and hoping to profit) of someone else's work.
That's okay as Vin stated is open source, but have in mind that your profits could/should go to him, as everything it's his property.

Just upload your mods, and let people do whatever they want.
Ravenger doesn't complains a single bit about everyone using his mods. I have downloaded his mods, and even commented on the mods I did on his mods.
I spent countless hours fixing this and that, adding stuff I want and others might not and more, and I wouldn't get pissed off if someone wants to change them. It's understandable: let's say someone changes a scene to add scat. You're not interested on it, much less want to add it to your scene... so what?

Forget about it, mate.
I understand what you say about having 50 mods, but it's the nature of this. A p!rat!ng site, with people doing changes on a game which is free and open source! ;)

Mar 31, 2019
You removed it from Github checked, moved to Patreon for some silly drama checked. You're acting like one those Nexus Skyrim/Fallout moders for real and I'm sick of that shit. Ok, now how the fuck do I download your shit if I can't right now at the very moment?

Reactions: Keldin

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
You removed it from Github checked, moved to Patreon for some silly drama checked. You're acting like one those Nexus Skyrim/Fallout moders for real and I'm sick of that shit. Ok, now how the fuck do I download your shit if I can't right now at the very moment?
Usually just wait for a patron to share it. That or ruin it for everyone over some silly stuff like he has.

Oct 30, 2019
To whomever knows the answer:

I'm working on a mod. I want to set a variable in one script and check it in another. Set x equal to 1 in script one and Check if x is equal to 1 in another sort of thing.

This is what I have:

One script has:

Treasure.setGlobal(1)

Another one has this:

Treasure = Treasure.getGlobal()
If Treasure != 0
Do Something
Else
Do Nothing
Endif

This isn't working for me. How should it be written?

freaksnake

Sep 22, 2018
Today while playing the game i noticed that every professional clothes was replaced by the doctor/nurse ones. If i go in the pub for example, the bartender's clothes is the doctor's one. Anyone know how to fix this?
I already tried to replace the "uniform.txt" file in Modules, thinking that was corrupted in some way.
If i load an older save, or i start a new game, all clothes are fine... can it be a savefile problem?
Anyone with my same problem?
Up

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
To whomever knows the answer:

I'm working on a mod. I want to set a variable in one script and check it in another. Set x equal to 1 in script one and Check if x is equal to 1 in another sort of thing.

This is what I have:

One script has:

Treasure.setGlobal(1)

Another one has this:

Treasure = Treasure.getGlobal()
If Treasure != 0
Do Something
Else
Do Nothing
Endif

This isn't working for me. How should it be written?
Is it the Do Something that isn't working? It should work fine. I thought maybe using the same name for the local and global variables might be an issue but I tested it and it seems to work. Ensure there's no tabs in your scene files because those will cause issues.

Last edited:

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
Think as you wish,

It has nothing to do with copyrights, it's more a question of respect and I don't see the point of making 50 versions of the same mod!

Copyright laws

As a game modder, you own some limited copyrights in what you created but what you created is likely copyright infringement. ... You own what you created but your creation is infringing on the original artist's copyright to do it unless they've given you the right to do it. There for you can`t ask money for the mods itself,you can ask money for the time you spent on them BUT you have to make a statement that the money you ask is only for the time making them and not the mods it self.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
As a game modder, you own some limited copyrights in what you created
All the mods are derivative works, and depending on original work type of license, authors can have copyright or not at all (if license of OW is copyleft)

but what you created is likely copyright infringement. ...
Very unlikely, Vinfamy stated his game is free and open source which means there is no copyrights...

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
All the mods are derivative works, and depending on original work type of license, authors can have copyright or not at all (if license of OW is copyleft)

Very unlikely, Vinfamy stated his game is free and open source which means there is no copyrights...
your right but open source means also that you can`t copy right your mods,because your use opensource code that is Free for anyone

jkstfs123

Sep 27, 2018
your creation is infringing on the original artist's copyright to do it unless they've given you the right to do it
I don't think that's right. Pretty sure "after market" modification is a right guaranteed by law. Someone can't make a condition of use be you won't modify the product. They can't even say you can't distribute your modifications. But they still do own their copyright so if your modification includes something they own the copyright on you can't distribute that but you can distribute your portion of the work, which you own the copyright for, and a mechanism or instructions for applying it to the original work.

No one has to ask modders for permission to mod their work for the same reason we don't have to ask professional game developers permission to mod their work. Doesn't matter if it is released as open source or closed source. It's just a lot easier to mod open source than it is to work with machine code or something that's been decompiled.

Reactions: Coomer341

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
The game isn't technically open source anymore unless you only count older versions. Source code hasn't been made available since version 3.19

Reactions: Keldin

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
The game isn't technically open source anymore unless you only count older versions. Source code hasn't been made available since version 3.19
Didn't know about it. But after checking, it seems had or still has problems with setting up git... But you have a point. He has to make source code available.

Last edited:

jkstfs123

Sep 27, 2018
Is there a way to change the kind of body that npcs spawn with?
In game? Anyone you've exchange contacts with you can edit any way you want from the contact menu.
For all randomly generated characters in game? In the "esc" menu there's an entry called "NPC distribution & Beauty Standards". Next to the names for most of the presets the game uses there's a checkbox and if you check it the game won't use that preset when randomly generating a new NPC. There's presets for various body types and things. So, for example, check one of the fat bodies and you'll never see someone generated with that fat body in your game. You can also change the degree to which a preset is considered "attractive" and that combined with the "average attractiveness" setting can make certain presets more likely to be used than others.

When writing scenes?

generatePerson(preset1, preset2, ..., presetN)
Generate a new actor. If nothing inside the bracket: completely random actor. Or you can specify the presets to blend into this new actor.

Presets are just the ".lpcharacter" files created when you save something in the character creator. Save a character called "doctor.lpcharacter" and then call the function "generatePerson(doctor)" and the charcter the game generates will be exactly the same as the one created and saved including the stats if you chose to set those up and save them too.

Reactions: drilll

Coomer341

Apr 20, 2020
I don't think that's right. Pretty sure "after market" modification is a right guaranteed by law. Someone can't make a condition of use be you won't modify the product. They can't even say you can't distribute your modifications. But they still do own their copyright so if your modification includes something they own the copyright on you can't distribute that but you can distribute your portion of the work, which you own the copyright for, and a mechanism or instructions for applying it to the original work.

No one has to ask modders for permission to mod their work for the same reason we don't have to ask professional game developers permission to mod their work. Doesn't matter if it is released as open source or closed source. It's just a lot easier to mod open source than it is to work with machine code or something that's been decompiled.
That's true but Raddeck doesn't own the source material or modifications. It's still a mod for a game open source or not.

Reactions: Thermophob

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
That's true but Raddeck doesn't own the source material or modifications. It's still a mod for a game open source or not.
Also, if he tries to profit off of said modifications, then it becomes an issue.
Ironic that anyone would give a flying fuck at a rolling donut about copyright on a site like this...
Probably ego issues as opposed to actual copyright issues.

Reactions: Coomer341
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes