krash-man

Jul 27, 2017
I was about to reply to your previous post saying I couldn't replicate the single click completion issue with a sneaking skill lower than 97 which only requires 1 step, but it seems like you've already figured that out.

What I did notice however is that there seems to be a bug where you can click on a single green square, and then if you mouse over a red one after that it succeeds anyway. This seems more likely to occur the higher your sneaking skill is. I'm not certain that's a new bug though, because I seem to recall encountering that before occasionally.
Yes, I have noticed that, too. It is not a new bug, as I have seen it happen for quite a while. Not sure when it started, or what sneak level you have to be for it to happen, but I see it all the time. Thanks for checking out my 'problem'. I guess this was one of the bugs that was fixed in this update.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I guess it's not actually a bug according to the API docs. I had assumed that if you didn't opt out of the mini-game that it just bypassed the random sneak checks entirely, but I guess the check is run regardless. Sounds like success in the mini-game just temporarily sets your sneak skill to 100 so that the check will automatically pass.

hanshass

May 3, 2017
this game loses its glamour really fast. once you've seen most of the scenes at least once you realize it's a disjointed mess where almost nothing has any lasting consequences, npcs are fungible, and relationships barely more than flavor text (with >90% of couples turned poly after a couple of months).

it could be great if it was tied together more and npcs actually fleshed out actors with some simulation of personality, social class and history. but it seems vinfamy just keeps heaping up more disjointed scenes on top of the pile every month instead of improving the core gameplay loops. sad!

Last edited:

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
this game loses its glamour really fast. once you've seen most of the scenes at least once you realize it's a disjointed mess where almost nothing has any lasting consequences, npcs are fungible, and relationships barely more than flavor text (with >90% of couples turned poly after a couple of months).

it could be great if it was tied together more and npcs actually fleshed out actors with some simulation of personality, social class and history. but it seems vinfamy just keeps heaping up more disjointed scenes on top of the pile every month instead of improving the core gameplay loops. sad!
Here's my fixed scene (you should overwrite the original). Instead of original it's making couples poly only if you choose to offer them a threesome.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Here's my fixed scene (you should overwrite the original). Instead of original it's making couples poly only if you choose to offer them a threesome.
Speaking about poly relationship, is there some completed mod, fix or whatever to make the poly relation not an open relationship ?

I mean, as is a poly relationship offers a couple of unique scenes, but mostly it just gives a lot of ntr and cheating scenes by bypassing their normal conditions and the SO's just fuck everything that moves...

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
Speaking about poly relationship, is there some completed mod, fix or whatever to make the poly relation not an open relationship ?

I mean, as is a poly relationship offers a couple of unique scenes, but mostly it just gives a lot of ntr and cheating scenes by bypassing their normal conditions and the SO's just fuck everything that moves...
That's why I ended up just disabling the poly module. I didn't care for the way the game portrayed the relationships or the way the module interacted with the rest of the game.

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
Something else odd.
I started a new game, because for some reason, loading my preset character also loaded his progress from other games. So, I started fresh with a fresh character. The other reason was to try and correct the following issue.

If a character is pregnant, just after midnight you'll get a popup in the top left corner saying how many days along she is. This is the usual thing.
However, lately, it's been doing the popup and noise even when there ARE no other characters. More, if there IS a pregnant character, it will do a popup indicating the number of days, then the next day, it will indicate the new total AND the previous totals... creating a LONG list of days. AFTER this, it will just do another popup saying how many days total the character is along.

I have no idea how to clear it up. It's not crippling, but having that noise and a popup that covers half the screen EVERY DAY is decidedly annoying.

LarsThorwald

May 13, 2020
I do agree that it would be cool for the world to feel a bit more alive. Events in people's lives... like, going to somebody's wedding, somebody's funeral, birthday parties... someone wins the lottery, someone is suddenly homeless.... DRUGS should also be a part of the game imo. alcohol too...

I personally would find it to be hilarious if some npc i know becomes a belligerant drunk.

There's a million possibilities, I do wish the game would head more in that direction.

That said, I really enjoy the game as it is and every couple of months i bump up to the newest version. Lately I've gotten into making NPCs, which is a lot of fun.

KaliaLC

Aug 12, 2021
I would like to see deeper scripting with event support, maybe with an existing easy to embed language, like lua or angelscript.
With that kind of scripting power you could easily implement a visual novel with the engine.

Also, with this new bulk pregnancy debug window I don't know what's going to get exhausted first, my bank account from child support, or RAM on my PC.

Reactions: Dingickso

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I would like to see deeper scripting with event support, maybe with an existing easy to embed language, like lua or angelscript.
I'd like to see this also but it's probably not feasible for a lone developer to implement at this stage in development. Maybe if LifePlay 2 were to ever happen, but it doesn't seem likely we will ever see more complex scripting in the current game.

Reactions: Dingickso

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017

As far as I know isn't any mod for your concern, but few things you can do against it.
First: timing out with huge value the bothering scenes when they appear (emergency isn't apply the timeout so you should end the scene in normal way)
Second: manually delete bothering scenes from the Poly mod's dir. (the next update will deploy again these scenes if you didn't selectively refresh folders)
Third: as you wroted before, turn off this mod.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021

I've never had a forced swinging scene with poly on, I don't think forced scenes happen with that mod unless you also enable NTR. There's a handful of swinging scenes that occasionally occur but they're all optional. Most scenes with that mod on are just a poly partner introducing someone they want my MC to date.
Unless you've got NTR on then I've no idea why that's happening, if you do have NTR on then that's what you get for enabling NTR :p

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
As far as I know isn't any mod for your concern, but few things you can do against it.
First: timing out with huge value the bothering scenes when they appear (emergency isn't apply the timeout so you should end the scene in normal way)
Second: manually delete bothering scenes from the Poly mod's dir. (the next update will deploy again these scenes if you didn't selectively refresh folders)
Third: as you wroted before, turn off this mod.
Yeah it isn't that i'm bothered by that scenes, or not know how to prevent them, it's more that i'm curious if there is some mod which overhauls the whole poly relationship and adds more events.
At one point i edited a lot of scenes, that was before version 4 tought, but i don't have the time or patience (if i'm honest) to do that all over again.

I've never had a forced swinging scene with poly on, I don't think forced scenes happen with that mod unless you also enable NTR. There's a handful of swinging scenes that occasionally occur but they're all optional. Most scenes with that mod on are just a poly partner introducing someone they want my MC to date.
Unless you've got NTR on then I've no idea why that's happening, if you do have NTR on then that's what you get for enabling NTR :p
Yes i usually play with most modules enabled (a few like doggy and tentacle excluded), even with ntr active it's easy enough to avoid these scenes normaly, so it never really botherd me.
No swinging scenes aren't forced, althought i don't get why they are in the ntr module, they are a reason i have the ntr module enabled, just swing with a lesbian couple and all is fine :LOL:

If you are in a poly relationship and have ntr enabled, many cheating and other ntr scenes which are normaly avoidable, locked behind a SO's high perversion or the PC being a masochist/cuck happens all the time and are unvoidable, thats what happening then.

sorasrevenge

Apr 7, 2021
If the specific position allows you can try using the 'Swap roles' insex option.
The swap roles option doesnt work for those positions i stated IF there is a male involved. Those seem to only be for F/F content. If the NPC is male, or f if you are a male, you wont get those options. But if you're a female AND the NPC is a female, you will get those options. I was wondering if it was planned in the future to add those to the Male NPCs/MC or if there is a mod that gives those positions to the males.

Reactions: Sydney2

LarsThorwald

May 13, 2020
Just had another thought... this game should have holiday events.
  • St. Patrick's Day: Everyone gets drunk
  • Easter: Family stuff
  • July 4th: Everyone gets drunk (lol)
  • Halloween: Costumes!
  • Thanksgiving: Family converges and fights probably break out
  • Christmas: Gifts! Bonus from work?
  • New Year's: You guessed it, everyone gets drunk. Shenanigans.
I was also thinking about something that would probably be hell to make... sex scenes in cars. You know, you buy a car.. you do it in the car. You do it on the car. If you have a pickup truck, you do it in the bed in the back.

I won't mention what you do with vans because I'm not into rap music.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes