Grim

Aug 17, 2016
It's not failing at the lookup part. It's failing at the part where they accept. Normally I would accept the failure but so far not a single one has been accepted with a number of different ppl. Normally I don't have this issue I have usually a decent amount of success but even if it fails they usually accept at some point. It could be the save too though, so maybe starting a new game will help.
If you want to test to get an idea of what might be happening, you could use the unlock all contacts cheat to check and see what the stats are of the NPCs it's failing on. Specifically you'd want to check their Attraction, Rapport, and Intelligence.

Reactions: masterpyromancer

Azazazel

Dec 27, 2017
is there any way to make npc relationship from start(marriage , boyfreind/girlfriend)? not waiting for event who create them

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
It's failing at the part where they accept.
If their attraction or rapport to your char is low it can fail. It can also fail if their intelligence is above 50. Most likely you just ran into some bad RNG or NPC's with above average intelligence.
Basically, if the Attraction check fails it moves on to the Rapport check if that fails it moves on to the Intelligence check.

Apr 23, 2018
If you want to test to get an idea of what might be happening, you could use the unlock all contacts cheat to check and see what the stats are of the NPCs it's failing on. Specifically you'd want to check their Attraction, Rapport, and Intelligence.

I'll try that thanks.

jwrich82

Jan 25, 2019
I have played LifePlay for a while. Correction, I have played for the last couple years, an hour or two at a time sporadically through development. I am more interested in playing much more now. To really get into it and understand the mechanics and really get a joy out of it. I have recently become interested in Life Sims in general and really like the "adulting" this game offers.

I started looking into information on modding and specifically to start, my own map. I spent a couple years in a place, Alamogordo, NM, USA when I was 16 to 18 years old and was wanting to create some kind of role-playing experience of my time there. However, no pre-made maps or anything of it exists and I feel 'wrong' asking for a map when I am probably going to be the only one using it.
So... How does that work? I can get street views and geodata for it, and I can do the heavy lifting on my own as game modding is not something I shy away from. I cannot find any info on it and I read through 200 pages of this thread and found nothing.
Is there a link to an online article or "How-to" I can follow? I am not afraid to read ;)

straydogg

May 9, 2017
I have played LifePlay for a while. Correction, I have played for the last couple years, an hour or two at a time sporadically through development. I am more interested in playing much more now. To really get into it and understand the mechanics and really get a joy out of it. I have recently become interested in Life Sims in general and really like the "adulting" this game offers.

I started looking into information on modding and specifically to start, my own map. I spent a couple years in a place, Alamogordo, NM, USA when I was 16 to 18 years old and was wanting to create some kind of role-playing experience of my time there. However, no pre-made maps or anything of it exists and I feel 'wrong' asking for a map when I am probably going to be the only one using it.
So... How does that work? I can get street views and geodata for it, and I can do the heavy lifting on my own as game modding is not something I shy away from. I cannot find any info on it and I read through 200 pages of this thread and found nothing.
Is there a link to an online article or "How-to" I can follow? I am not afraid to read ;)
theres a Docs file open that and it will give you what u need, Docs , Engine, LifePlay, Docs is the answer,

jwrich82

Jan 25, 2019
I will look into it. I am sure I opened than folder and didn't see anything I needed; I will look again, though.
Thank you!

EDIT :: So, that seems useless. I combed over the Docs folder. Either I am idiot (willing to concede) or documentation is scant and pointed mainly to the functions and gameplay of the main loop...
And custom maps are left to the dev until something more descriptive is available. Can you let me know which docs to look at more closely? (I could be wrong in this)

I am a real idiot when it comes to Unreal Engine. The extent of my knowledge comes from developing a tile scrolling adventure-like in QBasic back in 1992 and a DnD character sheet tracker in C from 2001. A LOT has changed since then apparently and the doc titles don't lend themselves to describing what I am looking for.
Not a flex, just an explanation of my shortcomings and what I am used to; understanding someone else's code and replicating it, with tweaks.

Last edited:

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
EDIT :: So, that seems useless. I combed over the Docs folder. Either I am idiot (willing to concede) or documentation is scant and pointed mainly to the functions and gameplay of the main loop...
And custom maps are left to the dev until something more descriptive is available. Can you let me know which docs to look at more closely? (I could be wrong in this)
There's currently no documented process for users to create and drop in their own maps, and there may never be without a fork of the game because the ability to commission new maps is one of the Patreon rewards, so financially there isn't any incentive for Vinfamy to allow users to create their own maps.

Reactions: Coomer341

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017

I already had coding experience with C++, but how I started modding this game was taking existing scenes editing them with Notepad++. If you press ` in the game a little pop up will allow you to test most scenes. Most of the time it is like 'choose your own adventure' set up or 'if conditions are right do this'.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Loops can be tricky but are used to make scenes last longer and give player the option to "try again" with NPC or choose a different interaction choice. The hard part is being able to escape the loop either by condition or choice.

Reactions: Coomer341

PuToUtO

Sep 11, 2019
Ravenger6660
Dude, is your mod a ntr trap or something?

NTR event keeps happening when I don't enable it.
Same thing happpened to bestiality mod ,too.

BTW, is there anyone know that how to edit my relationship?
The manange polyamorous buttom doesn't work when I have too much.
The manager only show up latest two or three people.
For example
In contract wife block is checked, but In the the manager divorce is not a choice.
I hired my wife as my employee after that I recommend her as my colleague but she still my employee and I can't fire her.
And there is a bug that if your wife dating with another one they will move out by unknown reason ,even you move them in again and again.Is there any way I can make them break up?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018
Is there anyway to get npc's to wear their underwear as normal clothes? For instance I know i can add clothes to their inventory and they will wear it. For the most part it works, but for underwear its like hit or miss, sometimes they wear it and sometimes they don't.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Is there anyway to get npc's to wear their underwear as normal clothes? For instance I know i can add clothes to their inventory and they will wear it. For the most part it works, but for underwear its like hit or miss, sometimes they wear it and sometimes they don't.
Look in to your settings. By default the "Underwear visible under clothes" is unchecked. If you check in this option the rendering (and of coz the game performance overall) will be slower. But always wear that actual full set of uniform what predefined in the \LifePlay\Content\Modules\uniforms.txt or what you given them.

I wrote a small guide for uniforms.txt in this thread a long time ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: masterpyromancer

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Ravenger6660
Dude, is your mod a ntr trap or something?

NTR event keeps happening when I don't enable it.
Same thing happened to bestiality mod ,too.
Not sure why that is? I don't really do any NTR nor Bestiality unless I'm fixing something.

If you don't like NTR or Bestiality you could just remove them.

I use this bit of code to ensure that actors don't cheat unless certain mods are on.
Code:
&& [Replacement_1.hasRelationship(poly) || !Replacement_1.hasRelationship(Dating, spouses) || isModEnabled(vin_Netori)]

[[isModEnabled(vin_NTR) && Replacement_1:rapportwithplayer < 0] || !Replacement_1.isDating() || [isModEnabled(vin_Polyamorous) && OpenRelationship()]]

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
BTW, is there anyone know that how to edit my relationship?
The manange polyamorous buttom doesn't work when I have too much.
The manager only show up latest two or three people.
For example
In contract wife block is checked, but In the the manager divorce is not a choice.
I hired my wife as my employee after that I recommend her as my colleague but she still my employee and I can't fire her.
And there is a bug that if your wife dating with another one they will move out by unknown reason ,even you move them in again and again.Is there any way I can make them break up?
The best solution what I know is the NickNo's NPC manager mod. You should try that.

And you should understand there isn't a super-duper artificial intelligence entity when relations or professions comes to play. The scenes has only 'condition sets', and in there isn't enough space (and designer's will) to modelling all possible situation to make an all-round solutions. Sometimes these are overlapping and causing 'problems' what you described above.
It's mostly possible to stripping down that 'specialities' from gui step by step or using the ingame options (like the 'Manage polyamorous relationships') or at lastly using a special mod like npcmanager. In case of employees you should try interactively fire your 'wife' and do it in your business location instead from the gui option. Maybe it will be working for you in this way.

For your problem with 'your wife dating with another one' there is some existing solution in the game but is not clear what's your real problem? You can set a big timeout on the scene when running and exit with emergency before it finishing. You can delete the another actor if is on your contact list, you can run a sabotage quest, you can make your relationship open (and she not willing to leave), you can edit they relations with NPC manager and there is the "Murd er someone" under criminal panel. At last you can delete the scene if you know the scene's name and if you dislike it. (you don't loose too much, there will be in place again if you apply the next update)

If you mean 'one of your wife dating with your another wife', well, it's a difficult story. That scene is an old one and not updated in pair with the Poly mod when it's introduced. As I remember this isn't run if you not marry with your poly partners or anyone. The marriage in general can be really messy in some aspect, especially if the characters stacked with more titles (like an exrelative in poly relatioship who are married with you and dating someone too and is your employee and sexworker, and collegue, and etc...). The marriage with someone raise all girlfriend status to wife (and make them to your 'relative' too) and doesn't care much about the existing invidual relations, incompatibilities and consequences. If you think try report as a bug to the dev (if not accept it or try not marry anyone in poly relationship, makes your life/play easier).
Btw the game has strange-, and sometimes funny bugs. From the past one of my favorite when you hang out one of sister and introduce to you a different mother/father (WTF?!? :) ). Or hanging with one of your relative who lives with you and introduce to you her roommates, lol, (and who will pay they rents?! and why they aren't in her room btw?!)

(P.S. And the final and ultimate solution is: delete your wife and all your problems will be solved in no time :devilish::cool:;):LOL: )

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes