Aug 1, 2022
I don't understand. I have turned off trans content from the settings, but I am still seeing chix with dix every now and then. Does this have something to do with modules not made by Vinfamy or is this a bug in the game? It's a nasty surprise when you undress a woman and she's got a penis. :sick:

P.S. No offense to anyone who likes that shit

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I don't understand. I have turned off trans content from the settings, but I am still seeing chix with dix every now and then. Does this have something to do with modules not made by Vinfamy or is this a bug in the game? It's a nasty surprise when you undress a woman and she's got a penis. :sick:

P.S. No offense to anyone who likes that shit
Press Esc -> NPC distribution & beauty standarts -> change the % of male/female so that the % of trans is 0 thats all

Reactions: nogling
Apr 23, 2018
I'm not sure if this is a new bug, but for whatever reason when I do the facebook lookup when you meet someone's friend or relative, it always fails. I would expect it to fail sometimes, but I've tried several different ppl and it fails every single time no matter what. I usually have no problems unlocking them as a contact. Now the only way for me to unlock them is to use the unlock all cheat.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
I'm not sure if this is a new bug, but for whatever reason when I do the facebook lookup when you meet someone's friend or relative, it always fails. I would expect it to fail sometimes, but I've tried several different ppl and it fails every single time no matter what. I usually have no problems unlocking them as a contact. Now the only way for me to unlock them is to use the unlock all cheat.
Which part is it failing at? To even find the person online, there's random roll against your character's intelligence. After that there's another roll against the NPC's attraction/rapport with your character or against their intelligence to determine whether they actually accept your request or not. Is it saying that you couldn't find the person, or that they ignored the request? If you're failing to actually find them then your character might be too dumb.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: dividesense

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Kinks of the Month for December (v5.19 & v5.20)
please vote before 3 December
- x1 Weighted Poll for $1 to $4 Patrons:
- x3 Weighted Poll for $5 to $9 Patrons:
- x9 Weighted Poll for $10 or above Patrons:

Apr 23, 2018
Which part is it failing at? To even find the person online, there's random roll against your character's intelligence. After that there's another roll against the NPC's attraction/rapport with your character or against their intelligence to determine whether they actually accept your request or not. Is it saying that you couldn't find the person, or that they ignored the request? If you're failing to actually find them then your character might be too dumb.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's not failing at the lookup part. It's failing at the part where they accept. Normally I would accept the failure but so far not a single one has been accepted with a number of different ppl. Normally I don't have this issue I have usually a decent amount of success but even if it fails they usually accept at some point. It could be the save too though, so maybe starting a new game will help.

Grim

Aug 17, 2016
It's not failing at the lookup part. It's failing at the part where they accept. Normally I would accept the failure but so far not a single one has been accepted with a number of different ppl. Normally I don't have this issue I have usually a decent amount of success but even if it fails they usually accept at some point. It could be the save too though, so maybe starting a new game will help.
If you want to test to get an idea of what might be happening, you could use the unlock all contacts cheat to check and see what the stats are of the NPCs it's failing on. Specifically you'd want to check their Attraction, Rapport, and Intelligence.

Reactions: masterpyromancer

Azazazel

Dec 27, 2017
is there any way to make npc relationship from start(marriage , boyfreind/girlfriend)? not waiting for event who create them

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
It's failing at the part where they accept.
If their attraction or rapport to your char is low it can fail. It can also fail if their intelligence is above 50. Most likely you just ran into some bad RNG or NPC's with above average intelligence.
Basically, if the Attraction check fails it moves on to the Rapport check if that fails it moves on to the Intelligence check.

Apr 23, 2018
If you want to test to get an idea of what might be happening, you could use the unlock all contacts cheat to check and see what the stats are of the NPCs it's failing on. Specifically you'd want to check their Attraction, Rapport, and Intelligence.

I'll try that thanks.

jwrich82

Jan 25, 2019
I have played LifePlay for a while. Correction, I have played for the last couple years, an hour or two at a time sporadically through development. I am more interested in playing much more now. To really get into it and understand the mechanics and really get a joy out of it. I have recently become interested in Life Sims in general and really like the "adulting" this game offers.

I started looking into information on modding and specifically to start, my own map. I spent a couple years in a place, Alamogordo, NM, USA when I was 16 to 18 years old and was wanting to create some kind of role-playing experience of my time there. However, no pre-made maps or anything of it exists and I feel 'wrong' asking for a map when I am probably going to be the only one using it.
So... How does that work? I can get street views and geodata for it, and I can do the heavy lifting on my own as game modding is not something I shy away from. I cannot find any info on it and I read through 200 pages of this thread and found nothing.
Is there a link to an online article or "How-to" I can follow? I am not afraid to read ;)

straydogg

May 9, 2017
I have played LifePlay for a while. Correction, I have played for the last couple years, an hour or two at a time sporadically through development. I am more interested in playing much more now. To really get into it and understand the mechanics and really get a joy out of it. I have recently become interested in Life Sims in general and really like the "adulting" this game offers.

I started looking into information on modding and specifically to start, my own map. I spent a couple years in a place, Alamogordo, NM, USA when I was 16 to 18 years old and was wanting to create some kind of role-playing experience of my time there. However, no pre-made maps or anything of it exists and I feel 'wrong' asking for a map when I am probably going to be the only one using it.
So... How does that work? I can get street views and geodata for it, and I can do the heavy lifting on my own as game modding is not something I shy away from. I cannot find any info on it and I read through 200 pages of this thread and found nothing.
Is there a link to an online article or "How-to" I can follow? I am not afraid to read ;)
theres a Docs file open that and it will give you what u need, Docs , Engine, LifePlay, Docs is the answer,

jwrich82

Jan 25, 2019
I will look into it. I am sure I opened than folder and didn't see anything I needed; I will look again, though.
Thank you!

EDIT :: So, that seems useless. I combed over the Docs folder. Either I am idiot (willing to concede) or documentation is scant and pointed mainly to the functions and gameplay of the main loop...
And custom maps are left to the dev until something more descriptive is available. Can you let me know which docs to look at more closely? (I could be wrong in this)

I am a real idiot when it comes to Unreal Engine. The extent of my knowledge comes from developing a tile scrolling adventure-like in QBasic back in 1992 and a DnD character sheet tracker in C from 2001. A LOT has changed since then apparently and the doc titles don't lend themselves to describing what I am looking for.
Not a flex, just an explanation of my shortcomings and what I am used to; understanding someone else's code and replicating it, with tweaks.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes