Grim

Aug 17, 2016
EDIT :: So, that seems useless. I combed over the Docs folder. Either I am idiot (willing to concede) or documentation is scant and pointed mainly to the functions and gameplay of the main loop...
And custom maps are left to the dev until something more descriptive is available. Can you let me know which docs to look at more closely? (I could be wrong in this)
There's currently no documented process for users to create and drop in their own maps, and there may never be without a fork of the game because the ability to commission new maps is one of the Patreon rewards, so financially there isn't any incentive for Vinfamy to allow users to create their own maps.

Reactions: Coomer341

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
I have played LifePlay for a while. Correction, I have played for the last couple years, an hour or two at a time sporadically through development. I am more interested in playing much more now. To really get into it and understand the mechanics and really get a joy out of it. I have recently become interested in Life Sims in general and really like the "adulting" this game offers.

I started looking into information on modding and specifically to start, my own map. I spent a couple years in a place, Alamogordo, NM, USA when I was 16 to 18 years old and was wanting to create some kind of role-playing experience of my time there. However, no pre-made maps or anything of it exists and I feel 'wrong' asking for a map when I am probably going to be the only one using it.
So... How does that work? I can get street views and geodata for it, and I can do the heavy lifting on my own as game modding is not something I shy away from. I cannot find any info on it and I read through 200 pages of this thread and found nothing.
Is there a link to an online article or "How-to" I can follow? I am not afraid to read ;)
I already had coding experience with C++, but how I started modding this game was taking existing scenes editing them with Notepad++. If you press ` in the game a little pop up will allow you to test most scenes. Most of the time it is like 'choose your own adventure' set up or 'if conditions are right do this'.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Loops can be tricky but are used to make scenes last longer and give player the option to "try again" with NPC or choose a different interaction choice. The hard part is being able to escape the loop either by condition or choice.

Reactions: Coomer341

PuToUtO

Sep 11, 2019
Ravenger6660
Dude, is your mod a ntr trap or something?

NTR event keeps happening when I don't enable it.
Same thing happpened to bestiality mod ,too.

BTW, is there anyone know that how to edit my relationship?
The manange polyamorous buttom doesn't work when I have too much.
The manager only show up latest two or three people.
For example
In contract wife block is checked, but In the the manager divorce is not a choice.
I hired my wife as my employee after that I recommend her as my colleague but she still my employee and I can't fire her.
And there is a bug that if your wife dating with another one they will move out by unknown reason ,even you move them in again and again.Is there any way I can make them break up?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018
Is there anyway to get npc's to wear their underwear as normal clothes? For instance I know i can add clothes to their inventory and they will wear it. For the most part it works, but for underwear its like hit or miss, sometimes they wear it and sometimes they don't.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Is there anyway to get npc's to wear their underwear as normal clothes? For instance I know i can add clothes to their inventory and they will wear it. For the most part it works, but for underwear its like hit or miss, sometimes they wear it and sometimes they don't.
Look in to your settings. By default the "Underwear visible under clothes" is unchecked. If you check in this option the rendering (and of coz the game performance overall) will be slower. But always wear that actual full set of uniform what predefined in the \LifePlay\Content\Modules\uniforms.txt or what you given them.

I wrote a small guide for uniforms.txt in this thread a long time ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: masterpyromancer

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Ravenger6660
Dude, is your mod a ntr trap or something?

NTR event keeps happening when I don't enable it.
Same thing happened to bestiality mod ,too.
Not sure why that is? I don't really do any NTR nor Bestiality unless I'm fixing something.

If you don't like NTR or Bestiality you could just remove them.

I use this bit of code to ensure that actors don't cheat unless certain mods are on.
Code:
&& [Replacement_1.hasRelationship(poly) || !Replacement_1.hasRelationship(Dating, spouses) || isModEnabled(vin_Netori)]

[[isModEnabled(vin_NTR) && Replacement_1:rapportwithplayer < 0] || !Replacement_1.isDating() || [isModEnabled(vin_Polyamorous) && OpenRelationship()]]

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
BTW, is there anyone know that how to edit my relationship?
The manange polyamorous buttom doesn't work when I have too much.
The manager only show up latest two or three people.
For example
In contract wife block is checked, but In the the manager divorce is not a choice.
I hired my wife as my employee after that I recommend her as my colleague but she still my employee and I can't fire her.
And there is a bug that if your wife dating with another one they will move out by unknown reason ,even you move them in again and again.Is there any way I can make them break up?
The best solution what I know is the NickNo's NPC manager mod. You should try that.

And you should understand there isn't a super-duper artificial intelligence entity when relations or professions comes to play. The scenes has only 'condition sets', and in there isn't enough space (and designer's will) to modelling all possible situation to make an all-round solutions. Sometimes these are overlapping and causing 'problems' what you described above.
It's mostly possible to stripping down that 'specialities' from gui step by step or using the ingame options (like the 'Manage polyamorous relationships') or at lastly using a special mod like npcmanager. In case of employees you should try interactively fire your 'wife' and do it in your business location instead from the gui option. Maybe it will be working for you in this way.

For your problem with 'your wife dating with another one' there is some existing solution in the game but is not clear what's your real problem? You can set a big timeout on the scene when running and exit with emergency before it finishing. You can delete the another actor if is on your contact list, you can run a sabotage quest, you can make your relationship open (and she not willing to leave), you can edit they relations with NPC manager and there is the "Murd er someone" under criminal panel. At last you can delete the scene if you know the scene's name and if you dislike it. (you don't loose too much, there will be in place again if you apply the next update)

If you mean 'one of your wife dating with your another wife', well, it's a difficult story. That scene is an old one and not updated in pair with the Poly mod when it's introduced. As I remember this isn't run if you not marry with your poly partners or anyone. The marriage in general can be really messy in some aspect, especially if the characters stacked with more titles (like an exrelative in poly relatioship who are married with you and dating someone too and is your employee and sexworker, and collegue, and etc...). The marriage with someone raise all girlfriend status to wife (and make them to your 'relative' too) and doesn't care much about the existing invidual relations, incompatibilities and consequences. If you think try report as a bug to the dev (if not accept it or try not marry anyone in poly relationship, makes your life/play easier).
Btw the game has strange-, and sometimes funny bugs. From the past one of my favorite when you hang out one of sister and introduce to you a different mother/father (WTF?!? :) ). Or hanging with one of your relative who lives with you and introduce to you her roommates, lol, (and who will pay they rents?! and why they aren't in her room btw?!)

(P.S. And the final and ultimate solution is: delete your wife and all your problems will be solved in no time :devilish::cool:;):LOL: )

Last edited:

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
517.jpg

Windows (64-bit):
- - - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -

Update Only: (requires v5.0 Stable or later)
Windows (64-bit):
- - - -
Windows (32-bit):
- - - -
Linux:
- - - -

Change Log:
This is a double release for the v5.16 and v5.17 updates, focusing on Lactation and Missionary (paul Ince...) respectively
Version 5.16:
- New "Official Lactation Module". This is disabled by default and needs be enabled in Esc > Mod Manager before any of the below takes effect. Since this is a new kink that requires a new mechanic to be coded + visual effect to be made first, v5.16 focuses more on those and integrating lactation into the exisiting Pregnancy process and adult scenes. Whenever Pregnancy wins next, the fetish scenes will come so I saved many of your brainstorm ideas for those.
- New lactation visual effect
- When a female PC or NPC gets pregnant, they get randomly assigned a lactation period based on their fertility and fitness stats. They can start lactating as early as Day 120 of pregnancy and as late as when giving birth (affected by Pregnancy Duration Multiplier in Esc > Settings). Once given birth, they can continue lactating at most until this baby turns 3 years old (affected by Child Growth Speed in Esc > Settings). Make sure you set Pregnancy Duration and Child Growth Speed to your preferred values before a baby is conceived for this to work correctly, but don't worry too much because lactation period can be adjusted manually.
- At home, you can "Check lactation statuses". This allows you to check either the female PC's or a female contact's current lactatation status and duration (converted into in-game days already taking into account the Pregnancy Duration Multiplier and Child Growth Speed above). Here, you can also make your PC or another female NPC instantly start lactating (even without any pregnancies) and give them a specific number of days to continue doing so.
- While a female PC or NPC is in her lactating period, a lactating woman has a chance to 'leak' milk whenever the orgas m bar gets high during any adult scenes / animations of any gender combinations.
- New likes_lactation stat, which affects how much is added to orgas m bar for the lactating woman and her partner(s) whenever there's a some breast milk release.
- (Don't need Lactation module enabled for this) Breasts grow during pregnancy and remain larger than before pregnancy after giving birth. The changes aren't too extreme and are capped to make sure that they don't get so huge after multiple pregnancies.
- Some fixes related to the wider Pregnancy mechanics
Version 5.17:
- This is a Kink of the Month update focusing on Missionary (paul Ince...).
- Your offfice boss hires a rela of theirs as an assistant. You thought it was just nepotism at first until you found out what they're up to. Once caught, your boss offers to hire one of your relas as well and allow their office to be used as paul Ince's foursome playground.
- In the scene where the elf or orc runs away from a forced marriage, you can now convince them to go back to their tribe by showing your own 'family values'. You then receive a thank you letter from the new couple, whom you can choose to invite over once more.
- When hanging out with a friend, they complain about sexual tension (still under control) between them and a rela and ask if you ever have the same problem with yours. You can suggest a legal solution: a foursome swap, which may end up crossing certain boundaries in the heat of the moment.
- When hanging out with a friend at home, your SO (high perversion or open relationship) admits they fancy your friend and ask you to name your price. The price may already be there in your family home ...
- Someone you're having a 'forbidden' affair with is sick of sneaking around the house and invites you to do it freely in a remote forest, mountain, riverbank or beach instead. There, you may meet a like-minded couple.
- If you've done forbidden things with two people that are interested in each other's genders, you can encourage them to enjoy each other's 'company'. Afterwards, you may find them occasionally going at it at home.
- Added some extra conditional checks so that certain companion scenes that shouldn't apply to relas no longer do.

marek0700

Apr 11, 2019
There is a problem with sex after proposing a relationship, a critical error occures, game crashes. I deleted all mods, reinstalled the game, started a new game, still doesn't work.

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
What a terrible incest update. Almost nothing but cuck content. Are we running out of ideas or something? I swear these updates just keep getting worse.
There are community brainstorms if you'd like to throw one of your superior ideas into the mix lol. I would like to know what you'd want to see though. I can't think of many more ideas for situational incest

Reactions: NickkiS

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
So this new update includes something about missionary... but I don't see any new positions or anything of the sort. Am I missing something?

• Angry
Reactions: Garnser
3.30 star(s) 117 Votes