sadman8547

Sep 16, 2017
According to @Reila (I don't own a Mac device myself to test), unfortunately Wine doesn't seem to work with it.
Mac build is definitely up there as one of the 'if it becomes possible, I'll do it right away' in my to-do list, so stay tuned :)
ah thanks I'll wait

Dregg

Jul 27, 2018
For some reasons the female npc always become muscular and tanned no matter how many times i change the appearance, this only occur after the updates

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
For some reasons the female npc always become muscular and tanned no matter how many times i change the appearance, this only occur after the updates
Try running the game as Admin.

*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
gave this a try a while ago and couldnt figure it out. this game needs a walkthrough or tutorial or somthing

dragoduval

Mar 21, 2017
Can we edit the map's files ?

I like playing in tokyo but it lag so much, and it take time to load, while i rarely get alg in london. So i was thinking of moving the population of tokyo to london. Or is it possible to have a slider for each race.

I admit i prefer asian girl :D.

Also do you plan on making a slave module ?

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Can we edit the map's files ?

I like playing in tokyo but it lag so much, and it take time to load, while i rarely get alg in london. So i was thinking of moving the population of tokyo to london. Or is it possible to have a slider for each race.

I admit i prefer asian girl :D.

Also do you plan on making a slave module ?
The lag depends on city/map size, or how much details in it. If you look at the download size for Tokyo, it's 92mb, compared to others which is 40mb it's huge. I myself use smaller map, one that's under 20mb.

I really hope that city customization, like ethnic distribution is available for editing, but in the mean time, you can use the following hack to get what you want:
Code:
1. Go to [game install dir]\LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\phenotypes\ folder.
   There you will find a bunch of *.lpcharacter files.

2. Using notepad, open each file which doesn't have the word "asian" in it,
   search for the line "INFO Race: 100% Caucasian".
   Replace "Caucasian", or "African" to "Asian"

3. Now only Asian NPC will be generated
That approach will make ALL NPC asian. If you want only the females are Asian, but random males, do the above approach, but in the "[game install dir]\LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\female\" folder instead.

For better immersion, also edit "Names_F.txt" and "Names_M.txt" in "[game install dir]\LifePlay\Content\Modules\" so the character names reflect the map. For example, cos I'm playing the Nice map, I edited those 2 files and replace them with French names. For naming ideas, I use site. She compiles a fairly exhaustive list of names based by country.

Also, for those who complained about 'potato' characters, that can be edited out from these folders as well. I'm attaching my own edits to remove potato characters from generated below. However, it doesn't affect already generated characters.

NOTE about the attachments, there are 2 main folders: LifePlay and BasePreset. The Lifeplay is the one you use / apply to the game folder, BasePreset is the base of all the presets in the LifePlay folder, in case you want to shuffle them around.

How do I make these Presets:
I extracted the presets from ManuelBastioni Labs v1.6.1b, convert them to LifePlay format, and fiddle around a little bit. Because the mods will refer to the presets by name, I renamed the extracted preset to conform the standard ones. The attached "MBLab Raw" contains raw extracted and unedited presets from Manuel Bastioni Labs, in case anyone want to fiddle around with it.

Reactions: dragoduval

dragoduval

Mar 21, 2017
The lag depends on city/map size, or how much details in it. If you look at the download size for Tokyo, it's 92mb, compared to others which is 40mb it's huge. I myself use smaller map, one that's under 20mb.

I really hope that city customization, like ethnic distribution is available for editing, but in the mean time, you can use the following hack to get what you want:
Code:
1. Go to [game install dir]\LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\phenotypes\ folder.
   There you will find a bunch of *.lpcharacter files.

2. Using notepad, open each file which doesn't have the word "asian" in it,
   search for the line "INFO Race: 100% Caucasian".
   Replace "Caucasian", or "African" to "Asian"

3. Now only Asian NPC will be generated
That approach will make ALL NPC asian. If you want only the females are Asian, but random males, do the above approach, but in the "[game install dir]\LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\female\" folder instead.

For better immersion, also edit "Names_F.txt" and "Names_M.txt" in "[game install dir]\LifePlay\Content\Modules\" so the character names reflect the map. For example, cos I'm playing the Nice map, I edited those 2 files and replace them with French names. For naming ideas, I use site. She compiles a fairly exhaustive list of names based by country.

Also, for those who complained about 'potato' characters, that can be edited out from these folders as well. I'm attaching my own edits to remove potato characters from generated below. However, it doesn't affect already generated characters.

NOTE about the attachments, there are 2 main folders: LifePlay and BasePreset. The Lifeplay is the one you use / apply to the game folder, BasePreset is the base of all the presets in the LifePlay folder, in case you want to shuffle them around.

How do I make these Presets:
I extracted the presets from ManuelBastioni Labs v1.6.1b, convert them to LifePlay format, and fiddle around a little bit. Because the mods will refer to the presets by name, I renamed the extracted preset to conform the standard ones. The attached "MBLab Raw" contains raw extracted and unedited presets from Manuel Bastioni Labs, in case anyone want to fiddle around with it.
Thanks mate, that helped me. Now all i need is to have normal flat chested or small chested girl that dont look weird. But i'll keep fiddling with the character creator till i find how :D

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Thanks mate, that helped me. Now all i need is to have normal flat chested or small chested girl that dont look weird. But i'll keep fiddling with the character creator till i find how :D
If you successfully created a decent small/flat chested character, post it please. I've been tweaking for some time now toward this end. Dunno why there are virtually no character editor which support breast cups lower than B. Not even professional level editors. If someone suggest Daz's Stephanie models, no that's not small/flat enough. If only there's a modeler who is kind enough to contribute small/flat chested morph to MB Labs...

Reactions: dragoduval

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
There is some "missing animations" scenes with the beast stuff. There is some dream scenes and others who work, and others come up missing animations. I even had one scene where the dog spawned inside an empty dress. Seemed like the game thought it was a human male :p

Take the dog for a walk, is that kinda like take a human for a date? Doesn't matter where you go? Not any dog parks or anything? Also do you need to feed it manually every day from the P menu. or is it enough to make sure you got pet food in inventory? Also when adopted the dog it was age 48 (and 0.0 health).. damn man... that old, lol.

Dunno if it didn't make the to do list for this release, but for incest relations, there is still the case of addressing them as "relative" and not name, (or pet name).

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Dunno if it didn't make the to do list for this release, but for incest relations, there is still the case of addressing them as "relative" and not name, (or pet name).
Can you elaborate on this? Do you remember what scene it is? Can you give a sample?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Can you elaborate on this? Do you remember what scene it is? Can you give a sample?
If you have an incest couple, and they get married, after that you start refer to them as your relative. "Kinda like, oh yeah, fuck me harder relative" in that kind of sentence type... which make it all kinda wonky :p Engrish invading lifeplay :p

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
If you have an incest couple, and they get married, after that you start refer to them as your relative. "Kinda like, oh yeah, fuck me harder relative" in that kind of sentence type... which make it all kinda wonky :p Engrish invading lifeplay :p
Can you verify that in the same scene, but before getting married to the relative, the player refer to them as GF/BF or names?

Tell you the truth, I myself avoiding getting married in the game, cos it leads to a lot of wonky referals, such that any NPC with SO will refer their SO as husband/wife, while they are clearly not married and indicated as such in the contacts menu. If you're in poly relationship, apparently marrying any of them means you're marrying all of them, all your other BF/GF will be husbands/wives, and it clearly indicated in the contact menu. What's more, you'll lose all affairs in polyamory.

Despite knowing all of this, I'm asking you for verification to see whether the problem you're describing is at script/mod level, or engine level. All I described above are at engine level. Also, there are some legacy code in the script level which are slowly updated.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Can you verify that in the same scene, but before getting married to the relative, the player refer to them as GF/BF or names?

Tell you the truth, I myself avoiding getting married in the game, cos it leads to a lot of wonky referals, such that any NPC with SO will refer their SO as husband/wife, while they are clearly not married and indicated as such in the contacts menu. If you're in poly relationship, apparently marrying any of them means you're marrying all of them, all your other BF/GF will be husbands/wives, and it clearly indicated in the contact menu. What's more, you'll lose all affairs in polyamory.

Despite knowing all of this, I'm asking you for verification to see whether the problem you're describing is at script/mod level, or engine level. All I described above are at engine level. Also, there are some legacy code in the script level which are slowly updated.
I reported it as a bug several pages back. It dates back to where he made it possible to have incest couples get married. Once you get the married status, they stop refer to them as boyfriend, girlfriend, it become "relative". I suggested in a earlier post it would be more suitable with a nick/pet name. Or just refer to them per name. or if simplest to fix, wife/husband. But the later feels a bit stiff and artificial.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Mad respect for adding beast, so many devs are either too scared to, or aren't interested.

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I reported it as a bug several pages back. It dates back to where he made it possible to have incest couples get married. Once you get the married status, they stop refer to them as boyfriend, girlfriend, it become "relative". I suggested in a earlier post it would be more suitable with a nick/pet name. Or just refer to them per name. or if simplest to fix, wife/husband. But the later feels a bit stiff and artificial.
I see. Then it is not at script level, but part of a larger problem, that is relationship processing and handling. Marriage is a complex thing, with a lot of processing and updating involved. AFAIK the way it is currently handled doesn't capture that complexity, but good enough for the time being. Hope Vinfamy got time to address this issue, cos from the looks of it he got his hands full ATM.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Every NPCs I met have this problem, somehow their skin will reset to muscular and tanned after one day in game or the next time met them
Thank you for reporting. Someone else on Discord reported this issue. Will address this for the next version

can someone tell me how to save in this game?
Esc > Save

I'll do the pet names this version. Supposed to have done it for v1.18 but completely forgot after I came back from xmas holiday. Sorry.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes