• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

PuToUtO

Sep 11, 2019
Is it a bad idea to work with relatives? It's forbidden to add relatives to your business. And there is a bug that "secretary" tag doesn't work to relatives. If you recommend your relatives, they work in the same place as you, but they aren't your collegues.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Is it a bad idea to work with relatives? It's forbidden to add relatives to your business. And there is a bug that "secretary" tag doesn't work to relatives. If you recommend your relatives, they work in the same place as you, but they aren't your collegues.
This is because the relatives technically an other type/class of characters (has common, relative, and creature type/class). Thats why some commands work with them differently (like the query based ones). 'Tags' are just 'marks', or 'notes' whats works differently (can be added, modified, deleted on every type of npc type/class without any restricition or consequence). So you can give any common NPC a "secretary" tag, the script's commands will load them when it runs, but isn't will work on the non-common types.
That recommendation script is wrong at point to let relatives to be added because isn't implemented on the relative type NPC's have that colleague (neither the employee) status (by design).

PuToUtO

Sep 11, 2019
So is it impossible to interact with relatives at work or business?

Wait, I found that you can have them act as common type if you propose relationship, and the problem is what did I lost?
Their is a bug that relatives can trigger meet_old_person.lpaction to exchange numbers.

Last edited:

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
So is it impossible to interact with relatives at work or business?

Wait, I found that you can have them act as common type if you propose relationship, and the problem is what did I lost?
When you propose relationship to a relative they became basically a common npc (named exrelative after cloning) and lost the most relative benefits. After this 'cloning' the new character probably lost some mod specific attributes if has any and will not appear on relative based listings (maybe lose they the tags to, but I'm not sure with this atm). Also the game has a very few exrelative based normal or incest scenes, they behavior changes to be like common bf/gf and act like that. IMO isn't worth proposing them a relationship because the difference between the contents quantity. (IMO there is no better or more scenes or special benefits if dating with your relative) But someones may want to see they relatives in that situations better, it's a matter of taste.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Cramone and PuToUtO

H3dR

Jan 27, 2022
does anyone know a fix for the npcs spawning at the edge of the area map or getting catapulted? is was using the rk remake and then a bit after that got an update this started happening non stop.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
does anyone know a fix for the npcs spawning at the edge of the area map or getting catapulted? is was using the rk remake and then a bit after that got an update this started happening non stop.
No. Yes, the dev should fix this. This anomalies happen mostly in tight spaces, or rooms with many obstacles. For me typically happens at default street for example (thats why I replaced). Ingame if you can still interact the npc maybe they can return to your vicinity. Spending time or doing short action maybe force npc to change they position or use some furniture in that room, but it's unlikely.

H3dR

Jan 27, 2022
No. Yes, the dev should fix this. This anomalies happen mostly in tight spaces, or rooms with many obstacles. For me typically happens at default street for example (thats why I replaced). Ingame if you can still interact the npc maybe they can return to your vicinity. Spending time or doing short action maybe force npc to change they position or use some furniture in that room, but it's unlikely.
for me it is not only that, it is also those that are spawned for scenes, like when someone calls you, you see them in the box get catapulted to the edge. on the itch page it seems based on the comments that this was a problem back in patch 5.21, so about 7 updates ago.

PuToUtO

Sep 11, 2019
How to fix the Logical operator error?
Actor:incest > Random(75, 89)
I set incest 100, there is no chance it is not true, but it happened.
I tried changing the left side to 100 instead of Actor:incest or the right side to 99 instead of Random(75, 89) and they worked.
But this line Actor:incest > Random(75, 89) did not.

I assume this happened in other scenario too, but I only found here for now.

Last edited:

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
I tried changing the left side to 100 instead of Actor:incest or the right side to 99 instead of Random(75, 89) and they worked.

IMO I give it a clean variable instead of constantly change the npc stat with pulling it up and down that value through the attached script (because this is a permanent stat of that npc not a variable what isn't too good to be manipulate line by line)
The Actor:incest += x commands do not write back the stat only just at the end of the scene (sceneend cmd) or a character save (saveanddelete cmd). Meanwhile you try compare with changed value against variables. So this part ('Actor:incest > Random(75, 89)') always compare the original value of the incest stat if I'm right.

first sol:
At beginning of script (read out):
'Actorincestlevel = Actor:incest' <-in this case you should manipulate this 'Actorincestlevel' through the script instead of the stat
At end of script (write back):
'Actor:incest => Actorincestlevel'

second sol:
Random(75, 89) <- this is soo thin scope so reconsider to use it, but if you want anyway then like this:
'randomnum = Random(75, 89)' <-in this case is advised to manipulate this variable against the stat value
with use combined:
'If Actorincestlevel > randomnum' <- with this you compare two variable instead of a stat vs variable

or you can scale if you want:
Code:
If Actor.isValid()
    Actorincestlevel = Actor:incest
    If Actorincestlevel > 89
        "dosomething"
    ElseIf Actorincestlevel > 75
        "dosomething less"
    Else
        "donothing"
    EndIf
    Actor:incest => Actorincestlevel
Else
    "actor isn't valid"
EndIf
P.S: And it's recomended to running the Randoms before the operators ('If Random(75, 89) < Actorincestlevel').

Last edited:

tkwas

Sep 4, 2019

All of the Random resulst are highly restriced by the karma, like +-50. Therefore please take this in the formulas.

PuToUtO

Sep 11, 2019
IMO I give it a clean variable instead of constantly change the npc stat with pulling it up and down that value through the attached script (because this is a permanent stat of that npc not a variable what isn't too good to be manipulate line by line)
The Actor:incest += x commands do not write back the stat only just at the end of the scene (sceneend cmd) or a character save (saveanddelete cmd). Meanwhile you try compare with changed value against variables. So this part ('Actor:incest > Random(75, 89)') always compare the original value of the incest stat if I'm right.

first sol:
At beginning of script (read out):
'Actorincestlevel = Actor:incest' <-in this case you should manipulate this 'Actorincestlevel' through the script instead of the stat
At end of script (write back):
'Actor:incest => Actorincestlevel'

second sol:
Random(75, 89) <- this is soo thin scope so reconsider to use it, but if you want anyway then like this:
'randomnum = Random(75, 89)' <-in this case is advised to manipulate this variable against the stat value
with use combined:
'If Actorincestlevel > randomnum' <- with this you compare two variable instead of a stat vs variable

or you can scale if you want:
Code:
If Actor.isValid()
    Actorincestlevel = Actor:incest
    If Actorincestlevel > 89
        "dosomething"
    ElseIf Actorincestlevel > 75
        "dosomething less"
    Else
        "donothing"
    EndIf
    Actor:incest => Actorincestlevel
Else
    "actor isn't valid"
EndIf
P.S: And it's recomended to running the Randoms before the operators ('If Random(75, 89) < Actorincestlevel').
This scene isn't mine. It is Revenger's. My actor has 100 incest. I thought I would get the sex scene, but I didn't.
" Actor:incest > Random(75, 89) "
The line is where I found it went wrong. I tried " 100 > Random(75, 89) ", " Actor:incest > 99 ", and both of them work.
I even added a line "<Actor:incest> <Random(75, 89)>" to show the values are right during the scene. The values are right, but the conditional expression don't give me true.
I don't know what happpend.

Edit: I think it has highly association with karma as tkwas said. I remember we cauld edit karma value before, where is it?

Last edited:

tkwas

Sep 4, 2019
Edit: I think it has highly association with karma as tkwas said. I remember we cauld edit karma value before, where is it?
Karma is a ... variable as same as other stats. You can theoreticly use as "Random(X,Y) - karma" to have the value between X and Y.
That was changed about the 2.20 version. so after this "improvment" all on the prievious written scenes work not as intendent.

tkwas

Sep 4, 2019
How to add mother, father or more family member not only siblings?
If you adding a familly member you can change the relation to you by clicking the name of the relation in upper right corner of the screen. It will change to mother, daughter, aunt, grandma,... etc. it is not possible to add female as a father :p

3.30 star(s) 116 Votes