knurd

Jun 2, 2019
Using examples:

MC is having a meal. sister calls, and you choose one of the choices, and that scene completes and you're back eating food, however the slide(bottom right) showing completion never moves again. I restart the same activity. Eating food. A random stranger comes up and wants to rub your belly. Make choice. Now NC is back at restaurant with a frozen status slider; until it completes the action, no karma/energy boost can be received. Never can sleep uninterrupted .. MC has a pervy dream. You make a choice to let the dream play out or resist the urge. Now, still in bed, eyes open, no further progress on rest. But my worst is doing the only quest I've started, Finding William. Go to location, status slider shows Finding William and it is moving left to right.Insert random event here. Progress stopped and need to start it all over. However event keeps getting interrupted. Need to restart.

I think emergency only would accomplish the same thing as restarting the quest or action ... all progress is lost.
The space bar doesn't work?

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Using examples:

MC is having a meal. sister calls, and you choose one of the choices, and that scene completes and you're back eating food, however the slide(bottom right) showing completion never moves again. I restart the same activity. Eating food. A random stranger comes up and wants to rub your belly. Make choice. Now NC is back at restaurant with a frozen status slider; until it completes the action, no karma/energy boost can be received. Never can sleep uninterrupted .. MC has a pervy dream. You make a choice to let the dream play out or resist the urge. Now, still in bed, eyes open, no further progress on rest. But my worst is doing the only quest I've started, Finding William. Go to location, status slider shows Finding William and it is moving left to right.Insert random event here. Progress stopped and need to start it all over. However event keeps getting interrupted. Need to restart.

I think emergency only would accomplish the same thing as restarting the quest or action ... all progress is lost.
Yeah, pressing the space button or cliking on play icon it top right should unpause the time.

Most of the random scenes trigger when your MC do something, somewhere at sometime. If a scene interrupt an action (and hopefully not take you to an other location on the map) the emerency button shows right left of the dialog panel. Hovering over the mouse you can see the path and the name of the scene what to be want to run. Clicking emergency break that scene and staying the game paused until you unpause. I don't think it's broken your quest except if you break the quest related scene. As I remember that William's quest has a lot of repeatable stage, like where you follow his wife and the result is random. Also breaking a quest(line) only possible when you abort it from the quests screen (or complete it) as I know.
If you concern about the scene interrupts frequency you can change it in the Settings moving 'Scene Frequency' slider to left (reduce). Alternatively if you want to focus a quest in modmanager you can unpipe the unwanted mods (official or not) except the vin_Base to reduce further the random scenes.

Oh, and an important suggestion. Use emergency button when it appears first (in the start of that scene), do not go further reading diags or answering questions because possibly breaks something in halfway what that scene want to do (partly settled situations, leftover characters, wrong markings, etc)

Last edited:

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
Whenever I start a quest or an action it is paused because of some event, and I can't unpause it. Having to restart quests and events ... there must be something I'm not doing here.

I didn't notice an answer on this thread.
before replying on it,do you have installed 3th party modules and if so witch ones? not all of the fan made mods are working correctly anymore

Roerdin

May 2, 2020
Yeah, pressing the space button or cliking on play icon it top right should unpause the time.

Most of the random scenes trigger when your MC do something, somewhere at sometime. If a scene interrupt an action (and hopefully not take you to an other location on the map) the emerency button shows right left of the dialog panel. Hovering over the mouse you can see the path and the name of the scene what to be want to run. Clicking emergency break that scene and staying the game paused until you unpause. I don't think it's broken your quest except if you break the quest related scene. As I remember that William's quest has a lot of repeatable stage, like where you follow his wife and the result is random. Also breaking a quest(line) only possible when you abort it from the quests screen (or complete it) as I know.
If you concern about the scene interrupts frequency you can change it in the Settings moving 'Scene Frequency' slider to left (reduce). Alternatively if you want to focus a quest in modmanager you can unpipe the unwanted mods (official or not) except the vin_Base to reduce further the random scenes.

Oh, and an important suggestion. Use emergency button when it appears first (in the start of that scene), do not go further reading diags or answering questions because possibly breaks something in halfway what that scene want to do (partly settled situations, leftover characters, wrong markings, etc)
Mysterious Modder: non-consent, incest, corruption and bestiality, all active,
LL Dungeon installed, not active.

The emergency stops the interruption, but the timer remains frozen. I just tried the space bar and the timer/bar began to move! Yeay!
I'll try that setting change for scene frequency.

Thanks for the suggestions.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Using examples:

Just click on the play button in the top right and it should work. If it doesn't, try left or right clicking multiple times, or even clicking on the map. One of those always fixes it for me.

Roerdin

May 2, 2020
Just click on the play button in the top right and it should work. If it doesn't, try left or right clicking multiple times, or even clicking on the map. One of those always fixes it for me.
Thanks for replying. Clicking on the slider didn't work for me; clicking on the slider and pressing the spacebar unpaused it per
Icebird ... even after being interrupted and finishing the interrupted scene.

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
Thanks for replying. Clicking on the slider didn't work for me; clicking on the slider and pressing the spacebar unpaused it per
Icebird ... even after being interrupted and finishing the interrupted scene.
you might do a clean install,it can be that one of the files has been corrupted

Boris Nepoiman

May 1, 2017
Hi everyone! Does anyone know where, in which file I can adjust, modify base level of fertility for different age groups? Thx in advance

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
Hi everyone! Does anyone know where, in which file I can adjust, modify base level of fertility for different age groups? Thx in advance
It's a littlebit tricky.

First method:
Under 'LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Pregnancy\Stats\' edit in the 'fertility_npc.lpstat' file the default value to what you desire to be the average fertility of the generated characters. Here also you can edit the min and the max values too, but it is not recommended if you using pregnancy related mods.

Second method:
Under '\LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\age_groups\' edit the coresponding x.lpcharacter files with adding the following line under the 'STAT age: 100% x=>y' line.

Code:
STAT fertility_npc: 100% x=>y
Where 'x' is the 'from' (min value) and 'y' is the 'to' (max value) in percent. So the 'STAT fertility_npc: 100% 10=>20' means the generated character's fertility in 100% cases will be at least 10% and max 20%. The dangerous days will multiply the fertility by 5 times (x5), so IMO in normal circumstances no necessary to be generate more than max 20%.
At last I advise you to apply both method, because sometimes and some cases scenes ignore the default values.

Last edited:

Boris Nepoiman

May 1, 2017
It's a littlebit tricky.

First method:
Under 'LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Pregnancy\Stats\' edit in the 'fertility_npc.lpstat' file the default value to what you desire to be the average fertility of the generated characters. Here also you can edit the min and the max values too, but it is not recommended if you using pregnancy related mods.

Second method:
Under '\LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\age_groups\' edit the coresponding x.lpcharacter files with adding the following line under the 'STAT age: 100% x=>y' line.

Code:
STAT fertility_npc: 100% x=>y
Where 'x' is the 'from' (min value) and 'y' is the 'to' (max value) in percent. So the 'STAT fertility_npc: 100% 10=>20' means the generated character's fertility in 100% cases will be at least 10% and max 20%. The dangerous days will multiply the fertility by 5 times (x5), so IMO in normal circumstances no necessary to be generate more than max 20%.
At last I advise you to apply both method, because sometimes and some cases scenes ignore the default values.
Thank you!

H3dR

Jan 27, 2022
anyone knows if there is a mod that lets you manually trigger scenes? asking since otherwise you just have to grind and hope you get the one you are looking for. i am not talking about the gallery mod, i know and have it.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
anyone knows if there is a mod that lets you manually trigger scenes? asking since otherwise you just have to grind and hope you get the one you are looking for. i am not talking about the gallery mod, i know and have it.
No, but you can hit the "~" key and type out the name of the scene to make it happen.

Reactions: H3dR

Grandmeme

Dec 26, 2018
Maybe you're running into a faulty scene. I posted an optional solution against bugs, but isn't contain all fixes, just what others and I found. Try that, maybe solve your problem.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v2023-04-stable-vinfamy.11321/post-12650789
Also fatal error frequently appear when the graphic engine can't display something (missing files, body params out of limits, problem with clotches, etc.). But if it's caused only one specific event you can identify that if you hover over the emergency button what display of the name and path of that scene, and post it here to get more help from the remained community.
Appreciate this, and I did give it a shot, but still getting the fatal errors, and I did check, they're occurring during multiple different scenes, all involving proposing sex with someone while dating. No clue what the issue is, older versions of this game never did this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caco P

Dec 12, 2019
Appreciate this, and I did give it a shot, but still getting the fatal errors, and I did check, they're occurring during multiple different scenes, all involving proposing sex with someone while dating. No clue what the issue is, older versions of this game never did this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I had this problem as well. You could bonk anyone you wanted to except for your husband/wife/partner etc. At least I think that's what you are saying. I downloaded "Unofficial-LifePlay-Patch-2023-04-Stable" from this site and it fixed the problem. I probably should have moved my "self designed rooms" first as they were swallowed up in the patch.

I tried to find the link and failed. The patch is here somewhere.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
I had this problem as well. You could bonk anyone you wanted to except for your husband/wife/partner etc. At least I think that's what you are saying. I downloaded "Unofficial-LifePlay-Patch-2023-04-Stable" from this site and it fixed the problem. I probably should have moved my "self designed rooms" first as they were swallowed up in the patch.

I tried to find the link and failed. The patch is here somewhere.
This patch is on the Lewdpatcher. As I know this patches isn't required when you downloaded the updates from here and limited to the 4 unofficial modules. (patreon copy+unofficial patch = f95zone copy)
But if it solves this mysery let me know. (I'm still interested to find and eliminating more bugs)

Meanwhile in this week I went through all of the nonconsensual unofficial mod's scenes one by one and tried clean they codes. Few times I found a bugs too. So I attach it, maybe someone is interested about it.

Last edited:

H3dR

Jan 27, 2022
No, but you can hit the "~" key and type out the name of the scene to make it happen.
do you know what i should press on
should a bar appear when i do that or is it right click and then press the key and type. unfortunately for me i am playing with a scandinavian keyboard (since i live there) so if it is the first one it seems i am SOL.

Icebird

Sep 22, 2017
do you know what i should press on

should a bar appear when i do that or is it right click and then press the key and type. unfortunately for me i am playing with a scandinavian keyboard (since i live there) so if it is the first one it seems i am SOL.
You can press the insert button too. If you know what scene you want to run copy&paste the file's name from your filebrowser (not the file himself!), insert it that bar in the right bottom corner and delete the extension (.lpscene), so for example the format of the 'awkward_dating.lpscene' should be 'awkward_dating' before press enter.
Also if conditions isn't meet some scenes still won't run (If you're not employed you can't run colleague based scenes without it, etc.)

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes