DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
When you move the camera to a building, especially using search, there really needs to be some kind of display of how far that camera position is from the current character location to give you some idea of how long it will take to move the character there. After a certain distance, you can not tell if it will take two hours or six hours, and you wind up burning all of the remaining time for that night in transit. Also, there should be a way to find out at what hours a place is open so you don't travel all the way there just to have it close on you.

Fargoon

Nov 13, 2017
I like what is available now. But the name of the game must also show early stages or Beta build or anything like that because the game is very rough.

Everything aside the game has a lot of possibilities and I am eager to see what the author and other naughty developers come up with since this is a open source game .

Hype !

Reactions: Vinfamy

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
When you move the camera to a building, especially using search, there really needs to be some kind of display of how far that camera position is from the current character location to give you some idea of how long it will take to move the character there. After a certain distance, you can not tell if it will take two hours or six hours, and you wind up burning all of the remaining time for that night in transit. Also, there should be a way to find out at what hours a place is open so you don't travel all the way there just to have it close on you.
Really good idea actually. And easy to implement. Should be in the next version :)

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
boss i am lost how do i proceed in this game?
Check out which is sort of a tutorial.
I'll add some in-game tutorial popups for first-timers in the next version.
Check out DuDraig's good long post above too.

Reactions: madarapotato

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
boss i am lost how do i proceed in this game?
for an orientation, and for a tutorial.

Edit: LOL! XD Don't you hate it when someone posts what you were posting just before you post it?

Reactions: madarapotato

JoeStIdes

Dec 28, 2017
I dig it. There are some bugs, as expected, such as if you use the singles app, the characters just pile on each other, or if you peep in on someone, one of the characters sits in the character screens.

For cities could you Add Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland,OH; Indianapolis, IN; Toronto, ON; Seoul, ROK...

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I dig it. There are some bugs, as expected, such as if you use the singles app, the characters just pile on each other, or if you peep in on someone, one of the characters sits in the character screens.

For cities could you Add Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland,OH; Indianapolis, IN; Toronto, ON; Seoul, ROK...
Thank you. These bugs have been reported before by others. I have already fixed them in my development code. Will be all fine in the next version.
Thank for the city suggestion, added them to GitHub. Although, Toronto is already available actually:

jonexhd

Jan 25, 2018
I admire the idea of making such a game, but this one is too rough, that I can't even find out where I am heading...

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I can't even find out where I am heading...
If you meant it literally: Whenever you go somewhere, above the character portrait, it should say 'En route to' + The building name
If you meant 'Where do I need to go?' : There's no specific place you need to go to. It's a life simulator, it's completely non-linear (there's no 'go there, do that, grind, boom!, unlock sex scene') you can go wherever and do whatever, depending how you imagine your character would do in life. It's probably a good idea to start by getting a job and getting a place to live, but even that, if you're roleplaying as a millionaire playboy, you can do neither and just sleep in a hotel every night or something.
If you need more initial handholding, you can watch this video which is sort of a tutorial.

jonexhd

Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for the advice, and tutorials are always welcomed.
However what I meant is that some girl asked me to hang out, and I don't even know where to meet her...
Also the gray buildings are quite annoying either. I'd prefer play on google map than the meaningless gray boxes. Maybe you can put some randomize color as a tag of different buildings?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Thanks for the advice, and tutorials are always welcomed.
However what I meant is that some girl asked me to hang out, and I don't even know where to meet her...
Once you agreed to hang out with the girl, she should appear behind you immediately (kinda assumes that time passes and you guys meet somewhere). Then you can take her anywhere - she will respond positively or negatively (pay attention to her facial expression) to whatever date activity you take her to.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Something strange is going on with the inventory. Items keep disappearing and some items are replicating. My sleeveless shirt and fedora are gone and I now have five copies of casual clothes: two will light up if I click on either one of them, and the other three all light up if I click on any of the three.

Also: my fitness keeps going down. I exercise at home or at the gym most days and it slowly goes up, but when I fight the burglar, it goes down three points. I can understand energy and mood going down a lot when you lose a fight but not your physical fitness.

Last edited:

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Something strange is going on with the inventory. Items keep disappearing and some items are replicating. My sleeveless shirt and fedora are gone and I now have five copies of casual clothes: two will light up if I click on either one of them, and the other three all light up if I click on any of the three.

Also: my fitness keeps going down. I exercise at home or at the gym most days and it slowly goes up, but when I fight the bugler, it goes down three points. I can understand energy and mood going down a lot when you lose a fight but not your physical fitness.
Thanks.
The first point I will double check. If you can actually pinpoint exactly under what circumstances this bug happens so that I can replicate this on my PC, it would make life a lot easier for me.
The second point: it is coded like that in the scene - the loss of fitness shows a serious 'injury' if you like. Depleted energy and mood is far too easy to recover in a few days. If you get beaten up (or stabbed) by a thug, I would imagine you might end up with something more serious that takes weeks or months to recover from, hence the loss in fitness (and attractiveness too to represent scars etc). If you really don't like this, go to Modules/vin_Base and search for 'robber', open that with Notepad++, then look for all lines with '-=' and decide which one to keep or delete.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Thanks.
The first point I will double check. If you can actually pinpoint exactly under what circumstances this bug happens so that I can replicate this on my PC, it would make life a lot easier for me.
I have no idea what triggers it. There is no specific event or action. Sometimes, when I go to change clothes, an item turns into Casual Clothes of some kind. It just happened again. My Fisherman Sweater is now gone and I have seven Casual Clothes. It seems the missing item is being transformed since the total count of items remains the same. They don't always turn into Casual Clothes though. One item turned into an additional Monkstrap Shoes.

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
Very, very ambitious! I hope you continue to work on this and it gets somewhere. If you get a patreon, and if it looks like the updates are continuing, I'd be more than happy to back this project. I downloaded and just got done playing for a few hours. Here's a few things I noticed, and you probably know a lot of it already.

While the game definitely has got a lot going for it, but needs quite a bit of polishing yet! The text during sex scenes is way too fast! I'm a native english speaker and trying to move around the camera while reading is next to impossible as it progresses on its own too quickly. You did a great job on the writing and descriptive narrations, so give us time to read it!

The animations often don't line up (cock next to head or through the back of head during a blowjob, for instance) I used the page up/page down cock feature and that seemed to help some of the clipping, but sometimes the cock just jabs out of the back of my skull regardless.

The city being completely untextured makes moving around quite difficult, and I'm not exactly sure how everything works. Even just having single colored textures on the different kinds of buildings would be a huge upgrade. (red for commercial, green for home, etc) Some sort of tutorial (in game or a text file) would be very helpful to learn the ins and outs of what you should be doing and what the backstory is. I see the tutorial video above and will check it out, but not everyone wants to watch a video when they could immerse themselves in a world like this!

There's a lot of clipping with outfits as it stands, and the model continuously smiling during character creation makes it hard to adjust facial features as the resting face differs quite a bit from the smiling one. Also need some open mouth facial expressions for blowjobs and fucking.

Many of the issues I'm seeing right now are cosmetic. I really hope to see you do more with this...don't give up, it could be something really, really epic in adult gaming.

Reactions: Vinfamy and Fargoon

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
When you click on a search item, the camera is placed at that location and a building menu appears. However, the menu is for the last building clicked and not the building you're looking at. The menu will not respond to scrolling. You have to first click anywhere on the menu before the menu will select an item or respond to scrolling.

When the dating app comes up, the picture of each prospective date is not erased when you swipe left and their pictures are overlaid on top of each other.

Reactions: Vinfamy

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
The game looks very interesting. I'll give it a go soon enough.

BTW, can you add Dublin, Ireland to your list please?

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Check out which is sort of a tutorial.
i see.... i thought it was free roam :p

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes