DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
At the start of the game, you buy some clothing that gives you some stat buffs to apply for a job. However, when you get an interview, your clothing is randomly changed to something you do not wish to use in an interview. Clothing should stay as you configure it unless required by a place or action.

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Very, very ambitious! I hope you continue to work on this and it gets somewhere. If you get a patreon, and if it looks like the updates are continuing, I'd be more than happy to back this project. I downloaded and just got done playing for a few hours. Here's a few things I noticed, and you probably know a lot of it already.
Thank you for this comprehensive feedback.
I will add an option in Settings to adjust how long the erotic lines display for.
Cloth clipping and animation issues are tricky considering there are like 200+ morphs for character generation that each animation and piece of cloth needs to be able to adjust to, so it should be a gradual improvement over the future based on trial and error - but this will never be perfect unfortunately (you'll find even AAA games have clipping issues, even with less morphs)
I'll see what I can do to improve the visual appeal of the map. The main reason why it's so plain right now is due to performance concern: each map is huge so anything other than simple polygons add performance costs.
I'll make it so that the character stops all facial expression during character generation. Very good point.

When you click on a search item, the camera is placed at that location and a building menu appears. However, the menu is for the last building clicked and not the building you're looking at. The menu will not respond to scrolling. You have to first click anywhere on the menu before the menu will select an item or respond to scrolling.

When the dating app comes up, the picture of each prospective date is not erased when you swipe left and their pictures are overlaid on top of each other.
The first point, I'll double-check. When does this happen to you? Not all the time, I assume?
The second point is already fixed in my development code. Was an easy fix. In the meantime, if you want to fix it in your game too, go to LifePlay/Content/Modules/vin_Base/Scenes/social - open dating_app.lpscene with Notepad ++ and add a line before line 42 (should be 'count += 1' currently) :
Actor.hide()

At the start of the game, you buy some clothing that gives you some stat buffs to apply for a job. However, when you get an interview, your clothing is randomly changed to something you do not wish to use in an interview. Clothing should stay as you configure it unless required by a place or action.
This is deliberate in some scenes to show that time has passed in the story being told. In the case of the job interview, time passes between application and the first call from HR, then to the interview, then to the interview review (with possibility of a date in between), so it's unrealistic to have the player wear the same thing the whole duration of the scene (which is implied to be over at least a few weeks). However, someone else also complained about this - so I guess a Settings option to disable such changes wouldn't hurt anyone.

Last edited:

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Thx so much for the fix. Applied with Atom. :biggrin:
The first point, I'll double-check. When does this happen to you? Not all the time, I assume?
All the time. If you do not have the building menu up at your current location and you click a search item, the camera moves to that new location and displays the building menu but you have to click the menu once to get it to scroll or highlight a hovered selection. If you have the current location menu up and you click a search item, the camera moves to that new location but still shows the previous menu. You have to click on that menu once before you can right-click to cancel it. Then the new location menu will come up when you click on it.
This is deliberate in some scenes to show that time has passed in the story being told. In the case of the job interview, time passes between application and the first call from HR, then to the interview, then to the interview review (with possibility of a date in between), so it's unrealistic to have the player wear the same thing the whole duration of the scene (which is implied to be over at least a few weeks). However, someone else also complained about this - so I guess a Settings option to disable such changes wouldn't hurt anyone.
While I understand that time is passing (although not reflected in the calendar date or time), your character is new in town and only has one set of interview clothes. It makes no sense for them to go to an interview in inappropriate clothing. However, the biggest issue is that the game is randomly removing or altering buffs without player intent. That is a massive gaming no-no. Unless the scenario, situation, or action requires a clothing and/or buff alteration or removal, the game can not randomly disadvantage the player like that. It's hard enough passing an interview as it is. These doofs have no appreciation for my character's innate awesomeness! :closedtongue:

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
All the time. If you do not have the building menu up at your current location and you click a search item, the camera moves to that new location and displays the building menu but you have to click the menu once to get it to scroll or highlight a hovered selection. If you have the current location menu up and you click a search item, the camera moves to that new location but still shows the previous menu. You have to click on that menu once before you can right-click to cancel it. Then the new location menu will come up when you click on it.
Ah! Never thought of the possibility of someone clicking on a search result while a building menu is currently opened. Was able to replicate this bug and fix it. Thanks.
I'm aware of the fact you have to click the menu once to get it working from a search result but found no alternative so far, but will keep looking for a solution. It's one of the quirkier things about Unreal Engine - the engine is clearly geared towards first person shooter/ rpg so they're bit strange on mouse clicks and menu focus in a HUD-heavy game.

Reactions: zonezonezone

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
What NTR stuff is there and how to trigger it?
First, Ctrl + M and make sure the NTR module is checked. Get a boyfriend / girlfriend first. Make sure you spend a decent amount of time at home / at your boyfriend's home. The higher your submissiveness and perversion stat, the more likely the NTR-related events will show up.
There are currently only 5 (relatively mild) NTR scenes as I'm focusing on vanilla content first to have a decent 'base' of content for everyone before delving into niches and fetishes.

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Well this was a pleasant surprise.

How do I go about finding specific types of places? Is there a way to show pubs on the map, for example?

I'm also pretty clueless as to how to build relationships as I can't find any indication of how much someone likes me, thus I'm not sure how fast I'm progressing (or if anything's happening at all when hanging out).

Last edited:

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017

How do I go about finding specific types of places? Is there a way to show pubs on the map, for example?

I'm also pretty clueless as to how to build relationships as I can't find any indication of how much someone likes me, thus I'm not sure how fast I'm progressing (or if anything's happening at all when hanging out).
Click the search button (magnifying glass at the top left) to bring up a building search dialog. To the right of the building name text box is a Filter button that will bring up a dialog of building categories. Choose a category, leave the building name text box empty, and click the Start Searching button on the right of the Filter button to bring up a list of all the buildings of that category in the city. Click an item to move the camera (not the character) to that building and bring up the building menu.

You judge your relationships by how they react to you. Since this is a RL simulation, there is no displayed metric for relationships. Try different things and be ready to apologize profusely.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017

Just to add to DuDraig's post above, you can cheat and check out an NPC's rapportwithplayer and attractiontoplayer by going into Contacts (shortcut: P) > Edit Stats . You don't have to edit anything.
You can also gain steady increases in the above two stats by giving gifts and flowers respectively in the same Contacts menu provided you have bought those. Flowers don't always increase attraction though - you might be stuck in the friend zone and it will keep increasing the rapport instead.
The masochist stat is a funny one - if an NPC is highly masochist, being a dick to her might actually raise attraction in certain events.
And of course, there are various random events to raise the above two stats.
Note also that the 'first impression' is important and if you're attractive, it's much more likely that an NPC will appear and start off with a high attractiontoplayer already. Same deal with rapportwithplayer and interpersonal.
If the NPC is not interested in you at all sexual orientation-wise, the attraction will be stuck at -100 no matter what. Pay attention to the sexual orientation icons in the Contacts menu before wasting all your time and money on an asexual NPC ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Korder

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
PROGRESS UPDATE - 13 APRIL
* Expected release date for LifePlay 1.1:
21 April
* Completed so far:
- Added performance-friendly map markers (bit like Google Maps - the more you zoom in, the more markers are displayed about the buildings in your current view)
- Added street names for better immersion with the city
- Implemented a few tricks to make selecting a building on the map a bit easier
- Whenever a new NPC is generated in a scene, three options will appear in the top-right corner to allow the player to manually re-randomize face, hairs and sexy bits so that in case the game generates an ugly bum, you can keep trying until you achieve something acceptable. Temporary workaround until the randomization algorithm can be perfected over time.
- Search results are now sorted by distance to the current view
- Added Settings options: display duration for sex descriptions, prevent scripted clothing changes during scene, NPCs are always aware of and respect player's sexual orientation, hide ? (unknown) buildings, 12/24 hour clock
- The character will now stop all facial expression during character customization so that you have a neutral face to work with the whole time
- Under the name of each building will now also show how many minutes it would take to get there
- Fixed the bug where the player disappears while an NPC remains behind in the middle of screen after a NPC-NPC sex scene (for example the neighbour peeping scene)
- Fixed the bug in the dating app scene where the actors pile on top of each other
- Fixed the bug where clicking on a search result shows a menu for the previous building
- The game will no longer try to open SteamVR and connect with Vive when launched
- EXPERIMENTAL: Added first person cameras so that you can see the sex scene from the perspective of one of the actors involved

Last edited:

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone having problems with the penis? It doesn't seem to work its never in the right spot it never moves. Kind of hard to enjoy a BBC when using cowgirl and its laying on his belly instead.

Also can you just PM me the events and how they occur please?

Last edited:

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Anyone having problems with the penis? It doesn't seem to work its never in the right spot it never moves. Kind of hard to enjoy a BBC when using cowgirl and its laying on his belly instead.

Also can you just PM me the events and how they occur please?
You can use Page Up and Page Down to adjust penis position.
Perfect animation alignment is tricky due to the sheer number of morphs available. I will implement a proper IK system eventually, but not a priority right now.
The game is open source - nothing is hidden in a black box, just go inside Lifeplay/Modules/Content and search for all files with the *.lpscene extension - all scenes and their conditions are in these files

Reactions: 6DarkRaven9

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
The game crashes way too much, withouth giving me any reason at all.
fatal crash ?

i got that now for no reason.. worked good yesteday and today, i cant launch it at all.. it give me an insta "fatal crash" everytime i clic on the desktop icon o_O

SmugShell

Jul 2, 2017
fatal crash ?

i got that now for no reason.. worked good yesteday and today, i cant launch it at all.. it give me an insta "fatal crash" everytime i clic on the desktop icon o_O
I get CTD, sometimes being in the game for a few minutes and sometimes after half an hour. I think it depends on the building randomization setup. It is more tempting to crash if you, for example, leave everything on 15% or more. Before messing with those, I've got no crashes what-so-ever.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
LifePlay v1.1 Released!
- Added pregnancy and contraceptions for both the player and NPCs
- Added POV first person cameras for sex scenes
- The map is now much more user-friendly with interactable dynamic markers and toggleable street names. Travel distance is also shown when selecting each building.
- Added tutorial popups to introduce the basics of the game
- Allow the player to work for hourly wages in hotels, bars, restaurants, etc - added a few scenes related to this
- Improved NPC's facial randomization. Also allows the player to re-randomize each new NPC when first met.
- Search results are now sorted by distance to the current view
- Added Settings options: sex description display duration, no clothing changes during scenes, NPCs arespect player's sexual orientation, hide unknown buildings, 12/24 hour clock
- The character now keeps a neutral face during character customization
- Morphs can now be filtered by category
- Fixed: Clothes in inventory randomly disappear or get replaced
- Fixed: Player disappears after a NPC-NPC sex scene
- Fixed: Actors pile on top of each other in the dating app
- Fixed: Clicking on a search result shows a menu for the previous building
- Fixed: The game tries to open SteamVR
- Minor bugfixes and improvements

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes