X_Alascato

Oct 23, 2017
Find a building with the green residential icon (either by moving around the map or Ctrl + F > All button > select the residential icon > click on magnifying glass). Then during 9 - 5, click on the building > Arrange a house viewing
i cant arrange a house viewing. how many houses can u rent cos i have one in amsterdam

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
i cant arrange a house viewing. how many houses can u rent cos i have one in amsterdam
Ahh, got you now. I haven't done extensive testing with the player changing cities mid-playthrough so this is probably one of the oversights. I'll make sure in the next version that you get released from your current job and home when you move cities mid-game.
For now, you can use this workaround to release you from your current Amsterdam home:
- Go on a date with someone - anyone, doesn't have to be your bf/gf (P > find someone > Invite out)
- Exit the Contacts menu
- Press #
- type move_in_with_dating
- Enter
This will trigger a scene that allows you to get out of your current home.

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
One word - Awesome, I really, really liked the first version of the game. Despite the fact that the game had the ability to make my computer work way harder than it really should (and I have a Nvidia GTX 1060, 32gb ram and a new 1TB SSD dedicated to playing games and only games), and tbh, it's very user unfriendly interface and quite a few other minor annoyances, such as controlling time when sleeping. Well, it seems you've fix a lot of those problems and added some other good stuff too. The worst part when playing the 1.0 version imo, was actually clicking on your home, since most of the time the game didn't recognize that and though it was some other buildings near your home instead.

I have high hopes for this game, nm the fugly characters, they didn't bother me at least. So keep up the good work and keep them updates coming. :)

Reactions: Vinfamy

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
One word - Awesome, I really, really liked the first version of the game.
Thank you for the feedback.
If you don't mind, I'm quite interested in performance optimization for the game, so does it 'make your computer work hard' as in graphic card or CPU? Does dropping the Post Process Quality in Settings change anything? With your graphic card, I would expect 60fps most of the time. Are you using the 'Randomize Unknown Buildings' option with high percentages by any chance?
If you meant the lags when the player is taking an action - I'm aware of this - this is due to the fact that the game is checking hundreds of scene conditions everytime the player is doing something at the building. However, this should be resolved when I implement a proper multi-threading system (bit annoying that Unreal doesn't have one built-in, so I'll have to code one from scratch)
Personally, I find it most convenient to use Numpad + - to speed up time during long actions like sleep and work.

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd love to play this but I'm getting the Fatal Error problem as well. I do have an older AMD card but I wonder, why do I only encounter this with your game and not other Unreal Engine games I have? Just seems very curious to me, especially that it's affecting so many users...

Perhaps you could introduce an error log recording tool of some kind so we can review the log to find out where the fatal error occurred?

X_Alascato

Oct 23, 2017
Ahh, got you now. I haven't done extensive testing with the player changing cities mid-playthrough so this is probably one of the oversights. I'll make sure in the next version that you get released from your current job and home when you move cities mid-game.
For now, you can use this workaround to release you from your current Amsterdam home:
- Go on a date with someone - anyone, doesn't have to be your bf/gf (P > find someone > Invite out)
- Exit the Contacts menu
- Press #
- type move_in_with_dating
- Enter
This will trigger a scene that allows you to get out of your current home.
thanks and nice game. kind of game i want after playing the sims. but can u buy a car cos my mc is always walking

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
Thank you for the feedback.
If you don't mind, I'm quite interested in performance optimization for the game, so does it 'make your computer work hard' as in graphic card or CPU? Does dropping the Post Process Quality in Settings change anything? With your graphic card, I would expect 60fps most of the time. Are you using the 'Randomize Unknown Buildings' option with high percentages by any chance?
If you meant the lags when the player is taking an action - I'm aware of this - this is due to the fact that the game is checking hundreds of scene conditions everytime the player is doing something at the building. However, this should be resolved when I implement a proper multi-threading system (bit annoying that Unreal doesn't have one built-in, so I'll have to code one from scratch)
Personally, I find it most convenient to use Numpad + - to speed up time during long actions like sleep and work.
Sorry, might have phrased that poorly. What I meant is that the "load" so to speak, is pretty much entirely all born by my gfx card and very little by the cpu & ram. This shouldn't be the case really, even when maxing regular games such as FC5 and similar new AAA+ titles I haven't had problems such as this before, where the gfx card goes from soundless to sounding like a broken fan. To be fair, I haven't looked at the settings in-game so far, I'll take a look at the settings next time I start the game and see if that helps.

About lag, no, none so far as I can tell, the fps more than likely 60+, at the very least, and the game is running smoothly without any lag, stutters, graphical bugs and the like. My problem as I explained above, is that the game is pretty much placing all the memory load on my gfx card alone. I'm not exactly an expert on technical this stuff like this though, so something else might be the cause of problems I'm having.

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Yeah I'd love to play this but I'm getting the Fatal Error problem as well. I do have an older AMD card but I wonder, why do I only encounter this with your game and not other Unreal Engine games I have? Just seems very curious to me, especially that it's affecting so many users...

Perhaps you could introduce an error log recording tool of some kind so we can review the log to find out where the fatal error occurred?
Yeah , It's most likely some particular feature of Unreal Engine causing it that I use but some other developers don't (or do but found out what it was then replaced it). Either that, or this particular version of Unreal Engine I'm using has this problem. Trouble is unlike a professional game studio, I don't have a device with an older AMD card that I can test to what feature of Unreal this is and whether I can implement a workaround.
I think the logs might already be in your {YourUsername}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved\Logs - if you don't mind, can you have a look if they are? Would help a lot. I'd love to resolve this AMD fatal error issue too - it's frustrating as hell for me.

My problem as I explained above, is that the game is pretty much placing all the memory load on my gfx card alone. I'm not exactly an expert on technical this stuff like this though, so something else might be the cause of problems I'm having.
Got ya. I wonder if Unreal is simply 'reserving' all of your graphic card memory in case it needs to use it, even though the actual need is much lower. But even then, it shouldn't cause your PC to make so much noise.
Have you ever played other Unreal Engine games on this PC? Does the same happen?

Nice game and great idea ! but characters still looks awkward , don't get me wrong , but ugly characters doesn't make me feel anything ... sorry :pensive: , i hope that you (my dear developer) can "fix" or improve that sometime (i do not know if it's posible) ... anyway , you did a great job my friend .
I'll improve character models and textures over time of course. :) And of course, in the future (realistically - theoretically, they can do this now, the game being open source), modders can make their own models and textures too. I will also improve the Post Processing to improve subsurface scattering and such.

I just have been wanting to keep the expectation realistic though because I know a lot of people here are used to the Daz3d models found in visual novels etc - it's unlikely that a indie 3d animated game with customizable characters could ever achieve such a detailed character look - there's a whole world of difference between realtime rendering and prerendered GGIs - the former tries to renders 60 images per second, the latter takes minutes or hours to render just one image. There's also a 'system requirements' concern for me, as I don't want this game to be exclusive to people with dedicated gaming PCs.

Furthermore, NPC randomization will be improved gradually as to not produce alien-looking characters and to hopefully match the attractiveness stat, but obviously a computer will never have as good a judgment as a human being fine-tuning every detail manually on their character. Even the so-called AAA games but with heavy character customization don't have too impressive characters either (Fallout 4, the Sims), at least before mods, and these studios have millions to work with. I'd rather under-promise and over-deliver than the opposite.

Last edited:

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
I'm very familiar with the creator of this game. I have spoken to him before on loverslab.
He has been involved with plenty of contributions and works enabled in Skyrim.

Good to see him making his own game now.

Will give this a try soon.

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
LifePlay v1.1 Released!
- Added pregnancy and contraceptions for both the player and NPCs
- Added POV first person cameras for sex scenes
- The map is now much more user-friendly with interactable dynamic markers and toggleable street names. Travel distance is also shown when selecting each building.
- Added tutorial popups to introduce the basics of the game
- Allow the player to work for hourly wages in hotels, bars, restaurants, etc - added a few scenes related to this
- Improved NPC's facial randomization. Also allows the player to re-randomize each new NPC when first met.
- Search results are now sorted by distance to the current view
- Added Settings options: sex description display duration, no clothing changes during scenes, NPCs arespect player's sexual orientation, hide unknown buildings, 12/24 hour clock
- The character now keeps a neutral face during character customization
- Morphs can now be filtered by category
- Fixed: Clothes in inventory randomly disappear or get replaced
- Fixed: Player disappears after a NPC-NPC sex scene
- Fixed: Actors pile on top of each other in the dating app
- Fixed: Clicking on a search result shows a menu for the previous building
- Fixed: The game tries to open SteamVR
- Minor bugfixes and improvements
Is the pregnancy stuff already in game? I can't find any store that is selling contraception, and I also can't seem to be able to get the MC or other characters pregnant.

May 15, 2017
I get "The program can't start because XAPOFX1_F.dll is missing from your computer" when trying to start the game. Was that supposed to be included in the game?

Casper

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Is the pregnancy stuff already in game? I can't find any store that is selling contraception, and I also can't seem to be able to get the MC or other characters pregnant.
The pregnancy mod (like the NTR mod) is not turned on by default so you need to go into the mod manager and turn it on.

Reactions: Dnds and Vinfamy

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I get "The program can't start because XAPOFX1_F.dll is missing from your computer" when trying to start the game. Was that supposed to be included in the game?
Try to run Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x86.exe
Must be some component of DirectX missing or something like that

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
I think the logs might already be in your {YourUsername}\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved\Logs - if you don't mind, can you have a look if they are? Would help a lot. I'd love to resolve this AMD fatal error issue too - it's frustrating as hell for me.
The Logs folder is empty, but the Crashes folder contains a number of different subfolders (presumably all the times I tried to run the game).

For example, this folder: (including the path so you can see the folder name in case that's relevant)
\AppData\Local\LifePlay\Saved\Crashes\UE4CC-Windows-5B10FFFC44AA64BA5D37A091D1FFF8FA_0000
contains 3 files:
CrashContext.runtime-xml
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
CrashReportClient.ini
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
UE4Minidump.dmp
(not viewable in Notepad or Notepad++ so unsure of contents)
I'm thinking perhaps the information you need is in that UE4Minidump.dmp file, and if so perhaps you have a way of viewing its contents. I wasn't able to attach it to this post so I uploaded it to Mega .

Hope this helps in some way. Doesn't look like the two text files in these Crashes folders holds any relevant info so hopefully there's something in the dump file.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes