Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
Hope this helps in some way. Doesn't look like the two text files in these Crashes folders holds any relevant info so hopefully there's something in the dump file.
Thank you
@aifman7 @bfor147 @Inquisidor @macadam @Rose1232723 @viofun and others with older AMD cards who experienced 'fatal error': When you have some spare time, would you mind testing this if it works?

This is normal LifePlay 1.1 no changes, but built specifically for Windows 64 bit. According to someone on the Unreal forum, the issue between AMD and Unreal is exclusive to 32 bit build only.
Thank you :)

Reactions: aifman7

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
This is normal LifePlay 1.1 no changes, but built specifically for Windows 64 bit. According to someone on the Unreal forum, the issue between AMD and Unreal is exclusive to 32 bit build only.
Thank you :)
That worked! Game launches without any problems now, time to dive in and play. Thanks for looking into it man!

To others who had the Fatal Error (hopefully some of you are still watching this thread) download the 64-bit version in Vinfamy's post right above mine and you'll be able to play :)

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
That worked! Game launches without any problems now, time to dive in and play. Thanks for looking into it man!

To others who had the Fatal Error (hopefully some of you are still watching this thread) download the 64-bit version in Vinfamy's post right above mine and you'll be able to play :)
Excellent! I'll add the 64bit link to the OP then.
I think then going forward, I'll release each version with both 64bit and 32bit downloads. I don't want to exclude neither the pre-2015 AMD people nor the 32-bit people. Initially thought I could save a bit of time and get away with just an 'universal' 32-bit build each version - oh well ... :)
By the way, I tested - the maps are transferable between 32bit and 64bit - thankfully :)

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
By the way (and I'm sorry if it's already been asked or mentioned), do you have a Patreon? You already have made a great name for yourself through LL and all your work on the Beth games, and with you creating this game of your own you really should have a Patreon set up so we can support you. I can't speak for others but I know I'd support you on Patreon, 100%. I mean hell, you built the damn frameworks everyone uses for those games!

Anyway, I'm just saying you should be getting paid for your work. I don't even really think you need to set goals or promises beyond using it as a tip jar, primarily because yours is a name most of us recognize and trust to put out good shit. Just an idea, do with it what you will

Reactions: sdibolcrif

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
This is really impressive, especially for a non-Patreon-funded game! I agree with @aifman7 - you really should consider setting one up, even if you don't intend to set goals or tiers or anything.

Also, if you're still open to map requests, I'd love to see St. Louis :)

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
By the way (and I'm sorry if it's already been asked or mentioned), do you have a Patreon? You already have made a great name for yourself through LL and all your work on the Beth games, and with you creating this game of your own you really should have a Patreon set up so we can support you. I can't speak for others but I know I'd support you on Patreon, 100%. I mean hell, you built the damn frameworks everyone uses for those games!

Anyway, I'm just saying you should be getting paid for your work. I don't even really think you need to set goals or promises beyond using it as a tip jar, primarily because yours is a name most of us recognize and trust to put out good shit. Just an idea, do with it what you will
This is really impressive, especially for a non-Patreon-funded game! I agree with @aifman7 - you really should consider setting one up, even if you don't intend to set goals or tiers or anything.

Also, if you're still open to map requests, I'd love to see St. Louis :)
Thank you. I'll think about a tip jar / donation box. I actually promised some mod users to set up one well over a year ago but never got around to it.
I have a bit of a dilemma about this: I do support a few YouTubers, modders and game developers under a personal Patreon account, so I understand the financial reasons why others need to put up paywalls. But mentally, I can never do the same to my own work: once I work hard on something creative, I honestly can't wait to get as many people as possible to try it out right away and tell me what they think (For the same reason, I've been guilty in the past of skipping beta testing for my mods :) ) - locking my own creation from the majority for a month just ruins the whole joy of being creative for me. So paywalls of any kind for any game content are out of the question.
But on the other hand, I don't want to basically say "Hey, give me money, and I'll give you nothing back!". It seems a bit unthankful to people who are kind enough to donate to give them no extra benefits. And because I absolutely cannot lock away any game content, I'm struggling to come up with anything tangible to reward (or at least to say thank you to) donors.
I also don't want to force people to commit to monthly donations : If someone just want to make a single one-off donation, they should be able to and be thanked for it. Virtually all other non-profit projects outside Patreon allow both one-off and monthly donations. Yet AFAIK, Patreon doesn't do one-off donations and I can't use PayPal directly for adult content.
So yeah, that's why I have been putting off setting up a Patreon for my mods/ game. I'm not arrogant or super rich or anti-Patreon or anything. I make a living as a self-employed developer, so as donations grow, I'm actually more flexible than most to be able to reduce contracted work gradually to dedicate more time to game development (i.e. I don't need to wait for a certain goal to "quit my day job" to have a one-off jump in development hours).

St Louis added to the list. I'm always open to map suggestions (I'll do the most requested maps in batches of 20-30 every few game versions), or any suggestions really: features, scenes, etc. Virtually all new features in v1.1 came from suggestions on here and LoversLab.

Last edited:
Reactions: DSXF953Z and wacek

sora21345

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you. I'll think about a tip jar / donation box. I actually promised some mod users to set up one well over a year ago but never got around to it.
I have a bit of a dilemma about this: I do support a few YouTubers, modders and game developers under a personal Patreon account, so I understand the financial reasons why others need to put up paywalls. But mentally, I can never do the same to my own work: once I work hard on something creative, I honestly can't wait to get as many people as possible to try it out right away and tell me what they think (For the same reason, I've been guilty in the past of skipping beta testing for my mods :) ) - locking my own creation from the majority for a month just ruins the whole joy of being creative for me. So paywalls of any kind for any game content are out of the question.
But on the other hand, I don't want to basically say "Hey, give me money, and I'll give you nothing back!". It seems a bit unthankful to people who are kind enough to donate to give them no extra benefits. And because I absolutely cannot lock away any game content, I'm struggling to come up with anything tangible to reward (or at least to say thank you to) donors.
I also don't want to force people to commit to monthly donations : If someone just want to make a single one-off donation, they should be able to and be thanked for it. Virtually all other non-profit projects outside Patreon allow both one-off and monthly donations. Yet AFAIK, Patreon doesn't do one-off donations and I can't use PayPal directly for adult content.
So yeah, that's why I have been putting off setting up a Patreon for my mods/ game. I'm not arrogant or super rich or anti-Patreon or anything. I make a living as a self-employed developer, so as donations grow, I'm actually more flexible than most to be able to reduce contracted work gradually to dedicate more time to game development (i.e. I don't need to wait for a certain goal to "quit my day job" to have a one-off jump in development hours).

St Louis added to the list. I'm always open to map suggestions (I'll do the most requested maps in batches of 20-30 every few game versions), or any suggestions really: features, scenes, etc. Virtually all new features in v1.1 came from suggestions on here and LoversLab.
is there a way to see the event more faster also is there a way to skip the sex scene or talking

BlueSquare

Jul 30, 2017
Right now I wanted to write something about my old AMD and that I have to wait til I get a new PC someday and that the good point will probably be a lot of development in the meantime and stuff.... I saw that our lord and sarvior of "Adult Gaming" Vinfamy threw a 64bit version out. Need to test it right away. :FeelsGoodMan:
That sentence is way to long :oops:
You should buy a VR, heard it is good. Then you should make VR stuff. :test:
I'm just kidding, you are doing tons of good stuff already. You serious are a blessing for Lewd Gaming. :FeelsGoodMan:

Reactions: Vinfamy

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
You're thinking about this wrong - it's not "give me money and I'll give you nothing"; you've already given us a ton, it's us that'd be giving something back :p

Yeah, that's fair, I honestly don't know why they don't provide an option for that.
You could use something like itch.io, that's all one-off and they definitely allow adult content.

Thank'ee, it'll be nice to have a map that I'm totally familiar with. Even if (depending on how much of the city is included) a good chunk of it is rather boring residential areas, heh.

troula

Aug 25, 2017
I'm loving the game so far, my only issue is with the map my game lags so much, especially when i try to move around and my laptop is only a few months old, is there a fix for unity lagging?

Vinfamy

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
I'm loving the game so far, my only issue is with the map my game lags so much, especially when i try to move around and my laptop is only a few months old, is there a fix for unity lagging?
Do these lags only occur when you're taking an action (i.e. there's a progress bar on top of your character portrait)?
- If Yes: This is because the game is checking scene conditions while you're taking an action. This should be solved within a few upcoming versions - I just need to implement multi-threading.
- If lags happen all the time: Esc > Settings > Reduce Post Process Quality. You can also increase Camera Speed. Also be careful not to overuse the 'Randomize Unknown Buildings'. You can also zoom the map in with the mouse scroll so that there aren't so many markers on the screen at the same time.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Man, I expected my laptop to handle this better than it does... sadly I get a max of like 20 FPS just in character creation, and switching cities grinds everything to a halt, seemingly permanently.

On the upside, I'll have a new PC built in about a month that should run it flawlessly - by which point STL should be in, so I guess it works out :p

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
is the NTR option Netorare or Netori ?
I think it refers to Netorare, but it's disabled by default.

Hey @Vinfamy! Just discovered your game & I find it really cool. Congrats!
I was wondering if it was possible to add something like a small description when you meet a new character? Something like: Relationship status (married? Single? Widowed?), job, hobby (which could be helpful when dating)? I think it could lead to greater immersion.
What do you think of that idea ;)? Dumb? Feasible?

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
is the NTR option Netorare or Netori ?
I think it's both. If i'm guessing it right, it enables cheating for everyone.

Maybe i didn't pay enough attention, but i remember that when i played without the module active, i couldn't have sex with NPCs already in a relationship (with other NPCs), they always said no when i made a move.
Unfortunately, i didn't care enough to find out how the NTR works and if you can find your partner cheating on you or it's done in the background.

gtasdg4

Apr 24, 2018
I think it's both. If i'm guessing it right, it enables cheating for everyone.

Maybe i didn't pay enough attention, but i remember that when i played without the module active, i couldn't have sex with NPCs already in a relationship (with other NPCs), they always said no when i made a move.
Unfortunately, i didn't care enough to find out how the NTR works and if you can find your partner cheating on you or it's done in the background.
well if it like that it will be better if the dev separate them because i fucking hate Netorare but i really love Netori

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes