The Grifter

May 28, 2017
No, no, in my case, I was the business owner (or at least my character was), and every time I visited the said place, my employees were naked, for some reason. I have no problem with 'Nudity Matters' mod, or is it because this mod that my employees were naked?
Same here, by now however I reached the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ point about it. Not using the Nudity Matters mod, btw.

Reactions: jinzom

Screb

Apr 14, 2020
Most scenes are written around 1-5 actors. It can be hard to juggle a lot of NPCs for a scene. But you can have maybe up to 20 NPCs. I have a scene that has over 10 actors but all they do is function as background while I engage with only one actor.
It all depends on how much work you want to put into it.

A bit of code I use for one of my scenes.
Code:
Helper = getPersonHere()
While !Helper.isInterestedIn(Player)
     Helper = getPersonHere()
endWhile
If !Helper.isValid() || !Helper.isInterestedIn(Player)
    Helper = generatePersonTemporary()
    While !Helper.isInterestedIn(Player) || Helper:age > 35
        Helper = generatePersonTemporary()
    endWhile
    Helper.randomizeRace()
    Helper.randomizeHairs()
    Helper.randomizeFace()
    Helper.dress()
    Helper.show(2)
Endif
Thanks for your input Ravenger6660, I have your entire mod collection and have used them both as inspiration and to learn from, so thank you. When i get some time to write some scenes i'll play around with this code.

I notice the .randomise etc, would that not change the actor? selected by getPersonHere() ive not seen that or understood it yet so plenty of gaps in my knowledge

However i feel i might of explained myself slightly wrong by using the word "scene". What i mean is you enter a place, it generates background temporary actors, some are visiting, some work there.

Is that also defined as a scene or; My query being 1) can you increase the number of background actors generated in a location (scene?). 2) And using said code you've shared here, can i use it to grab background characters whos appearance and clothes are already shown, or is this the only way to generate and display actors once an actual .lpscene loads? lack of experience working with lifeplay here lol

To help explain what im going for here, an example: my character enters a pub that ive never been in before (no contacts, no permanent actors), the game currently loads in 3-5 people, i wish to make it generate say 3-20. potientially based on time of day (somewhere being closed already does this via 0 people). These being inworld actors i can select and interact with normally, but I then decide say, to be a thieving dipshit and pickpocket someone, i fail a sneak test minigame for example and get caught. as part of that scene being caught it pulls in everyone present. using said present actors i run a series of what if elses on each character (or perhaps only a random number of them) allocated as witness1. witness2. witness3. etc; via either thier masochist stat (pity npcs dont have karma) or rapportwithplayer to determine thier general reaction, ignore/call cops/kick my ass (via martial i guess) leaving me to either flee, fight or negotiate. Probably end up in an alley knocked out or in jail because my guys are usually rubbish in thier martial stats

Realising that would be rather extensive to write for possibly upto 20 people but hey..

A simpler example would be, I enter a pub, 5 people there, i want to grab everyone present and start a scene, for example (vin_base/scenes/social/house_party.lpscene) but using existing background actors, and obviously not set at home, a pub background.

Or another, i go to work with 3 known contacts, one whos number i dont have, 2 actors not visibily present or tempactors and my boss, during a "work.lpaction" theres a chance for a scene to trigger that then takes everyone present, and say plays a scene where my boss demands everyone in thier office because someones decided to idk fuck with the coffee machine or something, or maybe just a meeting..

Last edited:

Screb

Apr 14, 2020
Your colleagues at work don't actually need to be visible for you to do things with them in scenes. You can just use

Code:
getSpecific(Colleague)
to get a co-worker for a scene. Pretend they're all at work with you but they're somewhere else in the building.

Kind of don't pay any attention to who you can actually see in a particular location in the game when it's not coming from a scene. That's just kind of an irrelevant visual nicety for the most part. Scenes all grab actors based on various conditions, or just create a random new actor, and then spawn them in if they're not there already which they almost always aren't. There is a function for getting characters already present, GetPersonHere(optional bool permanent), but I don't think I've ever found a scene that actually uses it.
Didnt know this, I had just assumed based on AI that the actors where somewhere else at that time doing thier schedules, not "lurking" offscreen on location shall we say. Need to read up on GetPersonHere

Screb

Apr 14, 2020
Final thing here, is it possible to install yourself as say the boss of an office? without having to use an existing questline to replace them? trying to "write" a character whos an older, divorced boss whos business is screwing up and hes entering a late mid-life crisis whilst trying to manage his complete ass of a son. Hes probably going to end up like Walter White from Breaking Bad at this point lol. going to self impose losing lots of money each month and only has 2 years to "fix" himself

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
I notice the [.randomize] etc, would that not change the actor? selected by getPersonHere() ive not seen that or understood it yet so plenty of gaps in my knowledge
It would

But the randomize only occurs if person is not valid or not Interested In Player

1) can you increase the number of background actors generated in a location
Answer: No or I have not found out how to change that.
Nor edit a Strip club to spawn only guy on Tuesday for "Girls night". Editing gender spawn at location
Nor edit hotel for a random "nudist convention". Editing dress or uniform at location

2) And using said code you've shared here....
Answer: It will grab any Npc "you see" in the room currently clothes and all.

Looking at what you are trying to accomplish.
Code:
Guest1 = getPersonHere()
If !Guest1.isValid()
    Guest1 = generatePersonTemporary()
    Guest1.randomizeRace()
    Guest1.randomizeHairs()
    Guest1.randomizeFace()
    Guest1.dress()
    Guest1.show(2)
Endif
Guest1.makePermanent()

Guest2 = getPersonHere()
If !Guest2.isValid()
    Guest2 = generatePersonTemporary()
    Guest2.randomizeRace()
    Guest2.randomizeHairs()
    Guest2.randomizeFace()
    Guest2.dress()
    Guest2.show(2)
Endif
Guest2.makePermanent()

//Repeat based on number you want
Look at my Standard_House_Party.lpscene for a guide. Look at "SitWith"
But know that however many actors you want to interact, they will have to be "Permanent".

Or look at Collage_party specifically "Guest5"
Which regenerates a new Temporary person every time.

Last edited:

Screb

Apr 14, 2020
1) unfortunate, i had a feeling this was the case

Interesting, 2) especially

Since you said

~Answer: It will grab any Npc "you see" in the room currently clothes and all.

If a location only usually displays upto 5 people, can i for example use your code here upto a potiential Guest5.
and then to "simulate" there being more, using something like the following code quickly (poorly and loosely) edited from (vin_base/scenes/uni_lecturer/job_interview_lecturer.lpscene

Total = Random(0, 15)
count = 0
While count < Total
Actor = generatePerson()
Actor:age => Random(18, 80)
Actor.randomizeHairs()
Actor.randomizeFace()
Actor.dress()
Actor.show(2)
Player(Happy):: "Nice to meet you"
Actor.hide()
Actor.saveandDelete()
count += 1
Endwhile

To then generate additonal guests? of course this becomes complicated then assigning a random number of them to the current scene im assuming, and not Actor.saveandDelete in this instance, which in this case could be Guest6. to possibly Guest.20

Perhaps trying to randomly create people is aiming to high right now lol, and just stick to generating an additonal 5, pity it has to be in a .lpscene and not inworld

Last edited:

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
...and then to "simulate" there being more, using something like the following code quickly (poorly and loosely) edited from (vin_base/scenes/uni_lecturer/job_interview_lecturer.lpscene
Code:
Total = Random(0, 15)
count = 0
While count < Total
    Actor = generatePerson()
    Actor:age => Random(18, 80)
    Actor.randomizeHairs()
    Actor.randomizeFace()
    Actor.dress()
    Actor.show(2)
    Player(Happy):: "Nice to meet you"
    Actor.hide()
    Actor.saveandDelete()
    count += 1
Endwhile
To then generate additonal guests?
No there is no way to create a loop that creates & assigns "guests".
There are no short cuts.

Just follow code here ( https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v4-24-vinfamy.11321/post-7454048 )
//Repeat based on number you want
Look at my Standard_House_Party.lpscene for a guide. Look at "SitWith"

VerumMortis

Jan 26, 2019
So how do you go to and utilize a University? For me I can only travel to one if I click on one using the search function, and even after enrolling theres no events or skill increases aside from the class and teacher introduction, after that theres nothing going on.

jkstfs123

Sep 27, 2018
So how do you go to and utilize a University? For me I can only travel to one if I click on one using the search function, and even after enrolling theres no events or skill increases aside from the class and teacher introduction, after that theres nothing going on.
There's three roles for university; lecturer, student and tutor. There's not a lot of content. It's mostly just random events noticing students are sleeping with each other or their lecturers and the opportunity to get involved.

SmanMax

Sep 2, 2019
You do get statgain in Intelligence and (I think) Job Performance, which makes it easier to get better paying jobs later.

But yeah, it's just those stat gains plus a handful of random events. And your major subject makes no difference other than determining what subjects your professors teach.

larsV

Jan 13, 2018
it helps when you pick a role (teacher ,student) you don`t have to find a job anymore and you could leave it aside and do other stuff during the day,but it does do ingrease your intellenge skill btw there are a few scene`s but takes time and have to build relationship and interpersonal skill for it

Oct 30, 2019
Hello. I've been playing the game for a while. Love it! I've been thinking about building a mod for it but have no knowledge of what to do. Is there a place I can go to download the software needed and maybe even a tutorial or two? Thanks.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Hello. I've been playing the game for a while. Love it! I've been thinking about building a mod for it but have no knowledge of what to do. Is there a place I can go to download the software needed and maybe even a tutorial or two? Thanks.
You can use Notepad++

jkstfs123

Sep 27, 2018
In the download there's a folder labelled "Docs" that contains information for all the functions, tutorials for how to write scenes, etc., etc. There's even a lexicon file for Notepad++ so you get syntax highlighting if you use that program.

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
i have tried your fix,but still on ocassions it doesn`t work and ppl showing up naked at work )oa library) but like i said it is not alway`s anymore
What I found, is you need to buy "work/office clothing" so character does not show up naked for interview.

Deleted member 2476484

Modder
Jun 15, 2020
To help explain what im going for here, an example: my character enters a pub that ive never been in before (no contacts, no permanent actors), the game currently loads in 3-5 people, i wish to make it generate say 3-20. potientially based on time of day (somewhere being closed already does this via 0 people).....
If you generate 20 people, be aware that your scene becomes a heavy load on a weaker pc.

I've done a few scenes, including rk_VB_nude_XXX_draw_cms.lpscene (More-Interaction and Remake version), scenes displaying (15 - 20) people at the same time and each one is quite heavy for a pc. Especially for those who load all the characters at the same time.

So, the best is between 5 and 10 people or add some text between two character presentations (Actor.show()) to give the PC time to load smoothly.

3.30 star(s) 117 Votes