yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I am speculating as well but my guess is that the statement basically allows the developer to drag the time out and collect more money. The last update was in May and we are half way thru September already so believe what you want but for many of us it appears to be nothing more than more excuses to slow the development rate down and collect more money.
Well, they're an amateur dev putting out a high quality product; solo, with completely custom models and backgrounds I've never seen in any other game, with decently complex posing/paperdolls, no clipping and highly precise placement and proper light sourcing, focus, and collision; great, concise writing with good implicit use of rhetorical devices without using bombastic language as a crutch in place of actual writing ability -- and no typos or grammatical errors, at least that I've noticed -- while maintaining a compelling, character driven narrative with impactful choices that also don't make you feel like you're "missing something" if you don't make the right choice, and not a single bug to speak of (trust me, I've checked).

It's cool if you're just mashing the CTRL button each update and missing all of that, but then don't make baseless speculations with zero supporting evidence aside from the (usual) long time period between very consistent studio quality updates.

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Well, they're an amateur dev putting out a high quality product; solo, with completely custom models and backgrounds I've never seen in any other game, with decently complex posing/paperdolls, no clipping and highly precise placement and proper light sourcing, focus, and collision; great, concise writing with good implicit use of rhetorical devices without using bombastic language as a crutch in place of actual writing ability -- and no typos or grammatical errors, at least that I've noticed -- while maintaining a compelling, character driven narrative with impactful choices that also don't make you feel like you're "missing something" if you don't make the right choice, and not a single bug to speak of (trust me, I've checked).

It's cool if you're just mashing the CTRL button each update and missing all of that, but then don't make baseless speculations with zero supporting evidence aside from the (usual) long time period between very consistent studio quality updates.
I also find it odd how people who are making money hide behind the label of amateur. As far as I have ever been told once you make money from something you are considered a professional. If this developer was a true/pure amateur developer (aka not making money from it then I would agree) but that is not the case with this or anyone else collecting money. Once you add money to anything the issues get complicated as people are paying for products/services. You can't have it both ways.

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
I also find it odd how people who are making money hide behind the label of amateur. As far as I have ever been told once you make money from something you are considered a professional.
professional
/prəˈfɛʃ(ə)n(ə)l/

adjective
  • 1. relating to or belonging to a profession: "young professional people" synonyms , , antonyms
  • 2. engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime: "a professional boxer" synonyms , , non-amateur, antonyms
noun
  • 1. a person engaged or qualified in a profession: "professionals such as lawyers and surveyors" synonyms white-collar worker, professional worker,
  • 2. a person engaged in a specified activity, especially a sport, as a main paid occupation rather than as a pastime: "his first season as a professional" synonyms professional player, non-amateur, paid player, informal:
Powered by

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You do know that Patreon is just supposed to be to support an artist in creating his content and not sell it, though I know some devs seem to think differently. The question between doing something professional and as a hobby is actually also a question every income tax system in the world struggles with and it becomes very very complicated quite quickly. Basically it comes down in the end to if the person in question can expect to make a reasonable profit after costs for his labor from those activities in the long run (which would also include normal living expenses and costs if no other job). Considering this dev has a full job as well next to the game and intends to keep that and cost of assets and such it is doubtful the game makes enough for him after expenses to call him a professional. :p

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I am speculating as well but my guess is that the statement basically allows the developer to drag the time out and collect more money. The last update was in May and we are half way thru September already so believe what you want but for many of us it appears to be nothing more than more excuses to slow the development rate down and collect more money.
So don't give any money then..or if you already don't...what do you care either way?

srsly...entitled fecks these days are everywhere.

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
is there a downside to romancing brooke - sara - zarah - sierra coz in the walkthrough mode they are left out ?

g6107419

Nov 25, 2018
I am speculating as well but my guess is that the statement basically allows the developer to drag the time out and collect more money.
What an idiotic take, you and many of the people making such comments aren't likely on Patreon even supporting the game. If you are and it's an issue then cancel it and wait for another update but the game is being made by 1 dev who does this part-time.

Blaze616

Jul 26, 2018
Well, the dev has always said that 3-4 updates in a year are likely what we are gonna get. So, I dunno why all the unnecessary noises. And I think people have unfounded expectations from the devs. I mean just because Stepehn King can write a book a year not every writer can

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Love your logical analysis.

I am a professional driver, fisherman, software developer, PC engineer, delivery person, gambler, investor, electronic repaiman, shoveller of horse manure, gardener.... and currently working on being a professional bum!
I almost spit my drink on the monitor reading that. xD

Reactions: LarryK

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
No, not really, although that's not to say the art direction might not be different from LomL (it sorta depends on the project and what that requires), but it'll definitely never be slapping a pussy on hottest selling model in the daz3d store, dialing tits to 11 and starting rendering away in that big mansion they had on sale with some OotB poses. All of this is a longs ways off though as we have quite a bit of LomL still left to do.
(edit) I don't mind well phrased criticism though, but stuff like "lulz gobblins/<racial slur>/etc." only sort of strengthens my conviction I'm on the right path.

Very similar to my situation indeed.
I love the art in this game because it is distinct and more real (to me). The daz3D stuff is tiring, very few people look that good in real life (and usually after a lot of work).

As for social interaction, I've been a Stay at Home Dad for six years and sadly the pandemic has increased my social interaction because my wife has had to work from home. LOL... Oh and being on here is more social than I've been in awhile.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
ok can i get a save with them coz i done my main playthrough with out them
Getting a save with them would mean missing out on the action that got to the save. And I for one loved the action!
This is true...and it some interesting stuff for sure (one of the coven has a great scene but better not to go all the way if you want to stay in their good books). Honestly though, takes like 5 mins skipping the text to make a new save...but if really want them I can try and upload my diff saves for you over the weekend.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes