Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
There's actually a few different types. Some are single choice if, at the start of chapter 3 I think, you chose to not display any options that will lock out the Macy/Denise paths. In that case, the other choice would have been a lockout choice, and that's hidden on the players request. On some occasions, you might have some options not available because of previous choices or stats, and that could leave you with the one.

Finally, there's a few where there's a one choice option because I wanted there to be a pause, and for the player to "go" the action, whatever it is. You're not alone in that some have complained about it as well, and I've tried without it but then the rhythm of the scene just feels... off to me, if that makes sense. It's just texts and events that keep coming leaving the player too much of a bystander.
I do think that renpy is annoying in that you'll happily be space-barring away through dialog and all of a sudden, choice! Find your mouse with your other hand, track the cursor, click. Then back to the keyboard. To alleviate it, I've added numeric hotkeys to all choice options, so really your hands (neither of them :sneaky:) will never have to leave the keyboard; even rollbacks can be done with pgup.
Yeah I figured some could be to the never lock me out of M&D choice, that's cool.

It's the "Get up" when lying on the couch type ones that are a rash. The strange part is I find it more immersion breaking suddenly having a random "choice or action" pop up, when I'm in mid flow reading. I'd equate using the mouse or enter to turning a page; having to click on an option to having to pickup a new book to continue reading. But i guess if you've made up your mind, I sadly won't be able to change it.

imnotasalmon

Mar 14, 2018
Eh, I'm not sure I like that idea. For someone that changed the names of the characters or explicitly tried to avoid some encounter because they didn't like them, having the wrong names used or that character mentioned might turn them off from the gallery entirely. No dialog is the least of two evils IMHO.
Hmm, maybe a prompt when you enter the Gallery/Scenes for name entries and some variables or some pre-defined routes with more explicit descriptions so people can avoid what they don't like? Obviously this is something that could be done waaaaay after the game is done, but just a thought. I think many of us would agree that just seeing the "true" story would be worth it because the writing is so good.

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
sorry but im not sure if i misread something but if you romance the office girls does that lock you out of romancing Macy+Denise ( if it does shit :oops: i got to replay the game )

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
are ya sure i don't wanna fuck my self over coz i went harem on everyone or should i do a new save with only Macy+Denise ?
I'm sure (current content at least...and believe no current plans to screw you over when I discussed with naughty about not romancing the girls and only going after Brook. However, that's not to say that might not change at some point in the future).

Reactions: Odin Eye Patch

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
are ya sure i don't wanna fuck my self over coz i went harem on everyone or should i do a new save with only Macy+Denise ?
Like Mavairab said; there's a point
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There's no way you could have picked that choice by accident and got locked out, and not seen a warning. You're safe.

Last edited:

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
you over estimate my ability to not see whats right in front of my face
That made me laugh harder then it should but at the same time gave me a great idea.

I hereby request from naughtyroad that aside from a "WARNING" that the player can lock himself out of content we also get presented "two beautiful breasts" or some "hot scene" on the same screen to distract us further in maybe a future update as any workload adding to this one is already asked to much.

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
ok so i replayed the game i only did Macy+Denise's route there where small differences you can out right tell the office girls your not interested but you can't for Brooks the only changes for Macy+Denise from what i could tell where the scene where you and Macy go to the pup (for the record it is called the pup not the bar the bar is inside the pup and you Americans are just WRONG sorry for the rant as a brit that annoys me) when you go to the bathroom you comment on this is where you knocked up your wife and the other scene is Denise saying she wouldn't mind if you did kiss Brook but apart from them not many changes made me laugh when Macy was wearing the games logo on her top but replaying the game again just made me want to play the next chapter like a good book hey dev hurry up i want to know what happens next
( last part was a joke)

Last edited:
Reactions: naughtyroad
4.70 star(s) 488 Votes