Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
The requirement to have an opinion on something does not require any sort of financial investment. We are allowed to have and also to express opinions on things we did not buy or earn in anyway. This same right allows someone to express both positive and negative viewpoints so the fact you compain about people that complain seems silly when you in fact do the same. The bottom line is anyone who makes or does anything for other people should expect to receive some negative feedback and if they or anyone else is unable to accept that negative feedback then perhaps they need to go back to elementary school and learn the old adage sticks and stones make break my bones but names will never hurt me. p.s. For the record I like this game, I just feel 6 months without an update is excessive and this is just an example of me expressing my opinion. Have a great day/night.
Yawn...

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
The requirement to have an opinion on something does not require any sort of financial investment. We are allowed to have and also to express opinions on things we did not buy or earn in anyway. This same right allows someone to express both positive and negative viewpoints so the fact you compain about people that complain seems silly when you in fact do the same. The bottom line is anyone who makes or does anything for other people should expect to receive some negative feedback and if they or anyone else is unable to accept that negative feedback then perhaps they need to go back to elementary school and learn the old adage sticks and stones make break my bones but names will never hurt me. p.s. For the record I like this game, I just feel 6 months without an update is excessive and this is just an example of me expressing my opinion. Have a great day/night.
Constantly whining about when the next update is going to be is not "having an opinion". And pointing out how idiotic it is to constantly make this whine is not complaining. Every game developer makes their game at their own speed. Just because one developer can produce an update once every 3 months doesn't mean every other developer has to follow his lead. No one has any right to "demand" a developer produce updates faster just to accommodate impatient people. If you're not happy with the speed said developer is going at then you are free to proceed to the nearest exit and leave this thread and game. No one will miss you and you'll be a lot happier not having to whine all the time. Of course that's just my opinion :cool:

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
As a public service announcement (not meant to be whining) I would be happy to answer this question as much as possible. The developer of this game has decided that he is not wiling or able to commit to a specific date or even a short time window as to when this next update we be actually released. It has surpassed 6 months now since the last update so feel free to use this as a guage as to how frequent updates will come and if you feel this is is an adequate pace then feel free to support the developer financially and if you feel this is not acceptable then feel free to not financially support him but either way PLEASE feel free to express your complaints, likes, dislikes, opinoins, wants, desires, etc. All are valid regardless of the fact that you did or did not pay anything for it. This is what many of like to call free speech. It might be slowing dying in many areas of the world but I hope you cheerish this right as much as me and simply do not listen to people who try to shut down your right to complain or what some may call whining...
lol I see you've learned nothing. :FacePalm:

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...) The developer of this game has decided that he is not wiling or able to commit to a specific date or even a short time window as to when this next update we be actually released. (...)
Actually, there's an interesting response to that point, so let me tell you why I'm, as you put it, unwilling or unable:
(formatting it as a more general post as opposed to a direct response to your remark and inserting a bit of a straw man in the process).

One, it'll turn around on me.
Any date I mention now, no matter how much I emphasise that it's tentative, unreliable and might slip, will be a rock-solid date three quotes down, and when it does eventually slip, I'm gonna get roasted over it anyways.

Two, settling for less.
Any date mentioned now means feature lock. I might have a great idea for an extra scene, or an extension of an existing one, or expanding on the ending (in fact, I have a few ideas brewing on that), but I'll have to scrap all that and ship just what I can manage in the time remaining, because now there's a date and a roasting waiting for me, see point 1.

Three, what's the point, really?
We're not actually making business software, are we? There's no need to roll out so that major customer can go live before the next fiscal quarter, is there? No penalty clauses for costing them money. Neither is marketing breathing down our necks to hit that slot between two major competitor releases, or to have boxes on the shelves well in time for the holiday season.
In fact I'm not even a business, just a person making a game because I love to make a game, so what's the point of imposing a deadline if it'll only serve to reduce the quality and cause me grief (see 1+2).

But deadlines are great incentives to focus the mind and push that extra bit, aren't they?
Well, yeah, but really, the need to show some progress on the weekly progress update serves that purpose just fine without setting myself up for a reaming or endangering the quality of the end product, as a release date would.

But there's a demand for a date!
Is there now? I'm sure everyone serious about games of any sort is trained by marketing machines to hype and rave and rage over release dates, because that's how the business is run and that's what you do.
I'm also quite sure most of my supporters understand what I'm doing and agree as to how I'm doing it, or would if they read this, and would really prefer *not* to have a release date for the exact reasons I outlined above.

(note, this might be an interesting post to refer any future "when update?" question to).

Last edited:

Chef25

Nov 2, 2020
Actually, there's an interesting response to that point, so let me tell you why I'm, as you put it, unwilling or unable:
(formatting it as a more general post as opposed to a direct response to your remark and inserting a bit of a straw man in the process).

One, it'll turn around on me.
Any date I mention now, no matter how much I emphasise that it's tentative, unreliable and might slip, will be a rock-solid date three quotes down, and when it does eventually slip, I'm gonna get roasted over it anyways.

Two, settling for less.
Any date mentioned now means feature lock. I might have a great idea for an extra scene, or an extension of an existing one, or expanding on the ending (in fact, I have a few ideas brewing on that), but I'll have to scrap all that and ship just what I can manage in the time remaining, because now there's a date and a roasting waiting for me, see point 1.

Three, what's the point, really?
We're not actually making business software, are we? There's no need to roll out so that major customer can go live before the next fiscal quarter, is there? No penalty clauses for costing them money. Neither is marketing breathing down our necks to hit that slot between two major competitor releases, or to have boxes on the shelves well in time for the holiday season.
In fact I'm not even a business, just a person making a game because I love to make a game, so what's the point of imposing a deadline if it'll only serve to reduce the quality and cause me grief (see 1+2).

But deadlines are great incentives to focus the mind and push that extra bit, aren't they?
Well, yeah, but really, the need to show some progress on the weekly progress update serves that purpose just fine without setting myself up for a reaming or endangering the quality of the end product, as a release date would.

But there's a demand for a date!
Is there now? I'm sure everyone serious about games of any sort is trained by marketing machines to hype and rave and rage over release dates, because that's how the business is run and that's what you do.
I'm also quite sure most of my supporters understand what I'm doing and agree as to how I'm doing it, or would if they read this, and would really prefer *not* to have a release date for the exact reasons I outlined above.

(note, this might be an interesting post to refer any future "when update?" question to).
Yeah, but you need to stop killing the kittens.............

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Oh thank you Naughyroad! To have decended upon us mere mortals and enlighted us about release dates.
Well, the way I see it this is where I hang out all the time, so maybe it's you that's ascending here (although I'm not sure I'd wanna know where you were starting from), but other than that...
download (3).gif
(edit swapped gif for a different version because "your welcome" :eek: )

Last edited:

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Opinions are like assholes....everyone has one. Some are just very quick to always stick theirs in everyone's face unsolicited.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...) For the record I like this game, I just feel 6 months without an update is excessive and this is just an example of me expressing my opinion. (...)
I'm all for opinions. I'm even more for informed opinions, especially since I do try really hard to give out answers and provide you with all the information you need to form one:

https://f95zone.to/threads/light-of-my-life-ch-4-v0-5-2-naughtyroad.29628/post-4505110

(and F95 makes it very easy to search for posts in a thread by individuals, like, say, the dev?)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'm all for opinions. I'm even more for informed opinions, especially since I do try really hard to give out answers and provide you with all the information you need to form one:

https://f95zone.to/threads/light-of-my-life-ch-4-v0-5-2-naughtyroad.29628/post-4505110

(and F95 makes it very easy to search for posts in a thread by individuals, like, say, the dev?)
Dude...most can't even be assed playing the game and just want a save with gallery unlocked...you actually suggesting they search for shizzle? Hahahahaha.....you crack me up NR!

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Dude...most can't even be assed playing the game and just want a save with gallery unlocked...you actually suggesting they search for shizzle? Hahahahaha.....you crack me up NR!
:LOL: I've actually put a little dialog in place at the start of a new game a few weeks back, that asks you if you're a ctrl-jockey, and if you are, it'll offer to send you back to the main menu with an unlocked gallery, in exchange for a promise you won't try and actually play the game.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
:LOL: I've actually put a little dialog in place at the start of a new game a few weeks back, that asks you if you're a ctrl-jockey, and if you are, it'll offer to send you back to the main menu with an unlocked gallery, in exchange for a promise you won't try and actually play the game.
Best anti-trolling innovation ever. Epic move!

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes