UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Hello Naughty Road,
I pretty much avoided this game because of the look of the main characters, but after reading a review of one of my all time favorites that compared its writing to that in LomL I felt compelled to check it out. Generally I am an easy mark for a great story supported by quality writing and your game certainly delivers that in spades. This is truly excellent work. You've produced a lovely game and I find myself deeply invested in the story and the relationships.

I've read your rant on the walkthrough mod and can understand your point of view. I have taken your advice to avoid it. Which has lead me to a rather frustrating situation. I'm in chapter three about to head out for drinks with the elder sister. This appears to be the precursor to the opening prolog of the game. Had I known the context I would have played the opening very differently. As a consequence I've come to doubt your statement that you make it a point to "telegraph dangerous choices" and it seems that I've been navigating dealing with both girls with virtually no context as to the under pinning drivers of my relationship with either. Nor is there any reliable indication of how to address the negative feelings of either girl or the lack of positive feelings of the elder girl.

At a minimum a bit of history on the event that derailed all our lives and the reaction of each girl to that event and the stumbling blocks it placed in my relationship with each of them would have been helpful. Jogging in the dark through a field of gopher holes isn't my idea of enjoyment, and, at this point, that is how it feels to play the game.

This is your game and I certainly support your absolute to create it as you choose. I for one would appreciate a bit more feedback as to both the likely result of choices that push the relationship with each girl and how far I am from inadvertently hitting bottom.

That said thanks for creating a great game and a fine piece of work.

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
Hello Naughty Road,
I pretty much avoided this game because of the look of the main characters, but after reading a review of one of my all time favorites that compared its writing to that in LomL I felt compelled to check it out. Generally I am an easy mark for a great story supported by quality writing and your game certainly delivers that in spades. This is truly excellent work. You've produced a lovely game and I find myself deeply invested in the story and the relationships.

I've read your rant on the walkthrough mod and can understand your point of view. I have taken your advice to avoid it. Which has lead me to a rather frustrating situation. I'm in chapter three about to head out for drinks with the elder sister. This appears to be the precursor to the opening prolog of the game. Had I known the context I would have played the opening very differently. As a consequence I've come to doubt your statement that you make it a point to "telegraph dangerous choices" and it seems that I've been navigating dealing with both girls with virtually no context as to the under pinning drivers of my relationship with either. Nor is there any reliable indication of how to address the negative feelings of either girl or the lack of positive feelings of the elder girl.

At a minimum a bit of history on the event that derailed all our lives and the reaction of each girl to that event and the stumbling blocks it placed in my relationship with each of them would have been helpful. Jogging in the dark through a field of gopher holes isn't my idea of enjoyment, and, at this point, that is how it feels to play the game.

This is your game and I certainly support your absolute to create it as you choose. I for one would appreciate a bit more feedback as to both the likely result of choices that push the relationship with each girl and how far I am from inadvertently hitting bottom.

First, let me say, glad you gave this piece of art a chance. The history you request is just in front of you, and after the fact, I felt it was where it should be. The choices you make right now are not dangerous, more that the events you see at the point you have reached are indicative of the struggle the family is having coupled with their love for each other and inability to express it. Hang in there, the journey is well worth it!

My thoughts and opinions, NR may have something differant to say.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(..)

(...)
My thoughts and opinions, NR may have something differant to say.
Cheers and thanks for the feedback. Yeah, it's mostly as Larry said. You're gonna hit rock bottom, and their reactions are not always within your control. There's no way to avoid Macy punching you in the face (just like there's no way to prevent Denise from having a crisis at school), it's what you do after. The lovepoint point feedback here serves not as a score for you to max, but as a story device, to let you know not all is well and worry about putting everything back together.

4.70 star(s) 488 Votes