Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
If you cant support him, the least you could do is give him your patience, honest opinions, all the time he needs to deliver a well written update (but not like gumdrop or icstor, that shit is abuse) and best wishes to his game, thats the only way you cant support him without money

really well said and I can only agree with you 100% the game takes time because it's worth it as well as it is you just have to look at as many other games IF because there is an update every month then it is hardly worth playing because it has hardly any content or even if some games bring an update after months it is sometimes only 5 or 10 minutes playing time

which is just ridiculous and then there are the verse devs who just rip off their supporters and over deliver nothing for a year and a half ...... the game here doesn't get an update every month but when it comes, every minute we have waited patiently is

more than worth it because the characters and the story are so incredibly well done an unbelievably good humur and also has his thoughtful / sad moments so everything a really very good game needs
so be patient and you will be rewarded with a masterful update

and i am of the opinion that this game deserves a lot more attention and not games that don't deliver so be patient and give the game more attention more friendly discussions here then the game will only benefit from it

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
Hey there naughtyroad I hope all is well. I was wondering if the cast is complete for the whole game or will there be any other character that we will meet along the way?
I've been wondering that too... At this point the MC has been with or had the opportunity to be with all other female characters that are in the game. Does that mean we are getting close to the final act? Or will there be a detour prior to the main event?
Well, there's one or two new characters I still want to introduce. Their roles will not be as large as the existing characters, but who knows where they go (honestly, I'm not entirely sure either). But as to the question of will we have a little detour? Well, not at the cost of spinning out the pace of progression and padding it with fluff for the sake of extending. But I wouldn't mind spending some more time on the road with this cast, as long as it doesn't feel like fluff. When I block out the next chapter is when I really gotta make some decisions about that, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well, there's one or two new characters I still want to introduce. Their roles will not be as large as the existing characters, but who knows where they go (honestly, I'm not entirely sure either). But as to the question of will we have a little detour? Well, not at the cost of spinning out the pace of progression and padding it with fluff for the sake of extending. But I wouldn't mind spending some more time on the road with this cast, as long as it doesn't feel like fluff. When I block out the next chapter is when I really gotta make some decisions about that, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Thank you for responding and not just blowing smoke up our asses (not that you've necessarily done that before just tired of people telling me, "wait and see!"). I am excited for the story with the two girls to keep going down the taboo road but I also wouldn't mind seeing more characters. I suppose I am just glad that you won't be extending or fluffing the story so that we have to wait and wait and wait for what we all want to see.

I suppose it is way too early to ask if you have any other story ideas for new games. Regardless I've enjoyed everything you've created and I look forward to more of your work.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I suppose it is way too early to ask if you have any other story ideas for new games.
oh boy...... you have no idea.... go on discord and have your mind blown about ideas just featuring our two angels.

I give you a hint.
"To crush your enemies"
"See them driven before you"
"And to hear the lamentation of their moms"

Epic times ahead of us. :ROFLMAO:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
oh boy...... you have no idea.... go on discord and have your mind blown about ideas just featuring our two angels.

I give you a hint.
"To crush your enemies"
"See them driven before you"
"And to hear the lamentation of their moms"

Epic times ahead of us. :ROFLMAO:
I don't do discord.

And after this game I really don't want to see the characters appear in new games, though I imagine you are joking (mostly). I've seen the renders that have appeared here, which are nice, but I'd prefer something new and original from NR.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
I don't do discord.
I don't do social media so i can't judge on that one.

And after this game I really don't want to see the characters appear in new games,
Uh.. uh... uhm.... prepare Defcon 3.

though I imagine you are joking (mostly).
False Alarm Defcon 5 again.

I've seen the renders that have appeared here, which are nice, but I'd prefer something new and original from NR.
I see. So you would trade Macy and Denise for something fresh with new characters and new storyline.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On a serious note tough. I would rather have spin off stories. But if naughty can quit his daytime job for stuff like this (which i hope will happen once the game is done and on steam etc.) i have no doubt in my mind he could produce stuff like this in similar quality with other characters as well.

Time will tell..... but i need my conan spin off. And if its the last thing i experience.....

Reactions: naughtyroad

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I don't do social media so i can't judge on that one.

Uh.. uh... uhm.... prepare Defcon 3.

False Alarm Defcon 5 again.

I see. So you would trade Macy and Denise for something fresh with new characters and new storyline.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On a serious note tough. I would rather have spin off stories. But if naughty can quit his daytime job for stuff like this (which i hope will happen once the game is done and on steam etc.) i have no doubt in my mind he could produce stuff like this in similar quality with other characters as well.

Time will tell..... but i need my conan spin off. And if its the last thing i experience.....
Eh, once this story ends I don't want new stories with the same characters again and again or with the same character models but doing something different. I don't want a spin off or side story. NR is talented and I want to see new ideas from him.

But obviously I am one pirate on a pirate website... Worse I am one broke pirate on a pirate website... There's no reason NR should listen to me over the masses of people who want side stories and pay him to produce his content.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Eh, once this story ends I don't want new stories with the same characters again and again or with the same character models but doing something different. I don't want a spin off or side story. NR is talented and I want to see new ideas from him.

But obviously I am one pirate on a pirate website... Worse I am one broke pirate on a pirate website... There's no reason NR should listen to me over the masses of people who want side stories and pay him to produce his content.
I highly doubt that would happen either way. Sure we make a lot of jokes in this thread but we have to look at what makes A money for Naughty and B makes him happy. Cause there is nothing worse than a creative mind doing something they absolutely hate just to pay the bills.

Maybe we get lucky and get a small spin off game or two that is very short and made just for a few laughs and a sex scene or which is way more likely we get our two angels to appear in another game in the background as homage to this game. However patreons could decide otherwise. I don't know. Time will tell.

Another problem however is as you described with seeing macy and denise over an over again. If you spent a bit of time playing a few games from this forum you will notice a few things that are already a problem but do not appear to stop people from spending and making money.

Overused character models both male and female. MC from Big Brother is in so many games already it is absolutely ridiculous. Same with the female ones from the same game. And from Dating my Daughter that blond boob monster is literally everywhere.
Making new characters is hard, takes alot of time and effort and sometimes even money. So you can spend weeks or months to make 5 or 6 unique characters alone in which a dev would go bankrupt cause nothing is happening in terms of game developing.

As i said time will tell. But you also have to put into consideration that other devs with much less talent still use overused character models and make a fortune of it. So we have to take that into account when thinking about what naughtyroad will/want to do in the future

For now lets just wait till this game is done which won't be anytime soon and i have no doubt in my mind that naughty will decide on the way what he wants to do next and that will be the right choice for him and future games :)

Apr 16, 2021
. . .
Maybe we get lucky and get a small spin off game or two that is very short and made just for a few laughs and a sex scene or which is way more likely we get our two angels to appear in another game in the background as homage to this game. However patreons could decide otherwise. I don't know. Time will tell.

Another problem however is as you described with seeing macy and denise over an over again. If you spent a bit of time playing a few games from this forum you will notice a few things that are already a problem but do not appear to stop people from spending and making money.

Overused character models both male and female. MC from Big Brother is in so many games already it is absolutely ridiculous. Same with the female ones from the same game. And from Dating my Daughter that blond boob monster is literally everywhere.
Making new characters is hard, takes alot of time and effort and sometimes even money. So you can spend weeks or months to make 5 or 6 unique characters alone in which a dev would go bankrupt cause nothing is happening in terms of game developing.
Could be expansion in the LoML universe after this game. Brooke subplot is open, three cuckoos can be complications as much as diversions, and the whole job stability situation is unexplored. NR could make other stories which intersect with elements we already know, like in the MrDots games.

Daz makes it easy to custom your character looks but I think the harder part is making good personalities that grab players.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(edit: if the below looks a little bit out of context: it's part of a reply to a little troll doing the tired ole "lazy dev" schtick that seems to be all they can muster these days, and the mods rightly cleaned that out. Tbh, I was kinda waiting for one to come along so I could spring this, and luckily they're nothing if not predictable).

If I may draw everyone's attention to this helpfully quoted post (or here for the original), I'd like to point out a neat new feature I don't think many people noticed yet.
If you'll open the progress graph for LomL, in the lower right corner of the progress bar, just above the date indicator, I've now started to report the number or hours I spent on creating LomL this year, and the increment this week.
Here, let me just put it here to save you the trouble of looking it up.

1619202030104.png

Since I have to track my hours for the local variant of the IRS here, I thought I might as well start sharing them with you all.
Note that those are the hours on LomL that week, but I do have a full-time day job as well on top of that.

This might also be a nice moment to plug this post (on and ), that's sort of about the same subject.

The other day, I had this guy come up to me and say "If working an extra job to produce content, which you even release for free, doesn't earn you gratitude from your fanbase, I can't imagine what would."

Yeah, what indeed. And by fuck, don't you look like an execrable little twerp right now...
Edit: please ignore this little bit left over from the mod cleanup...

Last edited:

LarryK

Jan 9, 2020
Cheers, and thank you for that opening, that was even better than I'd hoped for.

If I may draw everyone's attention to this helpfully quoted post (or here for the original), I'd like to point out a neat new feature I don't think many people noticed yet.
If you'll open the progress graph for LomL, in the lower right corner of the progress bar, just above the date indicator, I've now started to report the number or hours I spent on creating LomL this year, and the increment this week.
Here, let me just put it here to save you the trouble of looking it up.

View attachment 1159348

Since I have to track my hours for the local variant of the IRS here, I thought I might as well start sharing them with you all.
Note that those are the hours on LomL that week, but I do have a full-time day job as well on top of that.

This might also be a nice moment to plug this post (on and ), that's sort of about the same subject.

The other day, I had this guy come up to me and say "If working an extra job to produce content, which you even release for free, doesn't earn you gratitude from your fanbase, I can't imagine what would."

Yeah, what indeed. And by fuck, don't you look like an execrable little twerp right now...
Had no idea of the magnitude of the hours you put in, just accepted it was pretty big. My respect just skyrocketted. Would it be possible to darken the font a trifle, lower line is fine, but my old eyes struggle top read the upper one :)

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020

Well, you may release it for free but there's quite a lot of us who patreon you anyway, because it's worth it and the right thing to do.

As for the Troll, I'm usually glad when they show their true faces so quickly, then I can just block them immediately. It's way more annoying when they first appear to be humans and you interact with them, only to later discover what they are and you feel sort of ... muddied ... by the experience.

naughtyroad

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2019
(...)
ps please dont abandon it XD , way to many games get abandoned
Cheers, and Lol, no worries, I wouldn't leave our girls hanging without the closure they so deserve. I wanna see them happy as much as you do.

(...) As for the Troll, I'm usually glad when they show their true faces so quickly, then I can just block them immediately. It's way more annoying when they first appear to be humans and you interact with them, only to later discover what they are and you feel sort of ... muddied ... by the experience.
Yeah. They go on block pretty quickly for me, but once in a while I'll see a reply, have a little peek, and publicly pick one apart for the amusement of the crowd. TBH, it's hardly a sport as they're pretty clueless and all mouthing the same party line.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Well, you may release it for free but there's quite a lot of us who patreon you anyway, because it's worth it and the right thing to do.

As for the Troll, I'm usually glad when they show their true faces so quickly, then I can just block them immediately. It's way more annoying when they first appear to be humans and you interact with them, only to later discover what they are and you feel sort of ... muddied ... by the experience.
As i keep saying. This game needs to get on steam. I can hear the cha ching already. $$$$

4.70 star(s) 487 Votes